HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          As much as we hate it
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
As much as we hate it
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 26, 2009 01:19PM

I have finally come around more fully to the belief that we must root for the hated Patriots.

Logic dictates it.

In my prior post, I had forgotten to give full weight to the fact that after Houston plays us, they play New England.

As I said before, New England has to lose twice and we have to win twice to win the division.

I just did not fully take in the fact that Houston is their last game.

It goes like this:

1st-We have to beat Houston or everything else is irrelevant, both Div. championship and Wild card.

what I didn't figure on is

2nd, if we beat Houston, they will be ELIMINATED from post-season play. Houston will have no incentive to do anything but test out their bench players against New England. First string Houston players will play to NOT GET injured. They will phone it in.

Therefore the only way we can get into the playoffs (or should I say the first step to us getting into the playoffs) insures that New England will win that last game.

Accordingly, we need to have the Jags eliminated to bolster the only realistic shot we have at the playoffs, which is the wild card.

In the end, you were right PhinFans2 that the wild card was the more likely route, but nobody could have forseen our losses to both Buffalo and Tennessee (see what San Diego did to them last night and we committed 3 turnovers deep in Tennessee territory).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.