HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Once again our play calling blew it!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Once again our play calling blew it!!!!
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:25AM

Once again our play calling blew it!!!! What was the rush and why didn't Ricky run once or twice in OT? we acted like it was a 2 minute drill and threw 3 hurried passes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Once again our play calling blew it!!!!
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 20, 2009 12:02PM

Our coaching staff is just crazy! And what about bringing Pat White in on the 2 point conversion.

It succeeded but the same play had been stuffed the last time we were down in that situation.

Posted by: ncdolphfan ()
Date: December 20, 2009 12:59PM

I posted on this site the day we signed Henning that he was bad news. I do not like the guy as a oc. Would like to the dolphins get younger as oc and dc.

Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: December 20, 2009 01:25PM

Bad play and a couple bad calls from the refs blew this game today! Not the play calling! We have coaches that brought us from 1 and 15 to a division championship and so far 7 wins in a season that had us ranked as having the hardest schedule in the league. It's time to get off the coaching and realize we have young players that make mistakes now that they will not make next year. I can't wait

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 21, 2009 05:45AM

The PF on Camarillo in OT was bullshit. Cost us the game

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: December 21, 2009 07:53AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The PF on Camarillo in OT was bullshit. Cost us
> the game

I'm one of the biggest critics of NFL referees out there but their bad calls (of which there were many) didn't hurt us as bad as our turnovers did.

The PF call on Camarillo was absolutely BS but the 3 turnovers inside the opponents 25 and the one in OT cost us the game.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 21, 2009 08:18AM

finman34, you should leave this board. The people here don't take kindly to those who make sense and think out their responses instead of bashing their head into the keyboard after a loss.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 21, 2009 08:28AM

Nah. finman34 is a loon. Fire the coaching staff. Cut Henne. Oh...and trade Ginn!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 09:51AM

Why stop there? Our resident genious assures me that the linebackers SUCK, the WR's SUCK, the safeties SUCK, the TE's SUCK and, the waterboy SUCKS. Let's clean house.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 21, 2009 11:36AM

LOL! Finman, that was a breath of fresh air. Thanks, man!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 21, 2009 11:53AM

But with all due respect to Finman34, you can have a thoroughly incompetent coach like Cam Cameron, Wanny, etc., and just because you upgrade to an average or below average Coach, that does not mean you should fall on your knees and be forever grateful and stop trying to either 1) let the coaching staff know where they have fallen down or 2) make another move to get an even better coaching staff.

All those defending the Coaching staff, answer me one question (I love that phrasing)...........................................................................Do you agree with THE COACHES RECENT HABIT OF putting in what announcers are now calling "The Pat-Cat," for at least one play everytime we get in the Red Zone. The only time I ever saw it be anything but a diaster was yesterday on the 2 point conversion and that would have worked just as well with Henne. In fact, the reason I thought it worked was because in our past history, Pat White has always taken the ball right up the gut and promptly gotten stuffed.

Secondly, in overtime, we proceeded with a much too frantic pace. The atmosphere fostered by the coaches led Henne to believe that he should throw a desperation pass rather than relying on one of the best punters in the NFL to boot the Titans back. As the announcers said, all the momentum was with us.

But just so you don't think I am PICKING ON A SINGLE SCAB, remember Camarillo's fumbling forward out of bounds IN THAT FAMOUS ILLEGAL FORWARD PASS GAME. I heard yesterday him revisiting that play and he said something like, "Coach says we gotta hurry up and I had to do what I had to do."

But he didn't have to. Had the plays in that game gone as we wanted to WE WOULD HAVE SCORED WITH FAR TOO MUCH TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK. Time enough for the other team to nullify our efforts by coming right back and kicking a field goal.

I know that there are three types of fans 1) Those who think they know better than the coaches; 2) those who think the coaches can do no wrong; and 3) those who think that the coaches can be good and bad.

We are just type number 3. You guys think we are type number 1 but you guys are really type number 2.

Yes, I am grateful we don't have Wanny or Cam, but their problem was not so much playcalling but personnel evaluation.

The playcalling here was simply atrocious and although I don't think it was responsible for us not winning in regulation (I think our turnovers caused us NOT TO WIN IT IN REGULATION), I certainly thought that if the coaches had told everyone once we won the toss "Settle down guys. Don't take any chances. We have a whole quarter. We want just the nickels and dimes until we find ourselves on their side of the field. Then its a new story."

Instead, I saw the team basically in a hurry up offense in overtime.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 22, 2009 08:57AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Instead, I saw the team basically in a hurry up
> offense in overtime.

Perhaps the rationale was that the hurry-up offense was what worked in regulation. That's what brought us back. The logic may have been to stay with what works.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 22, 2009 09:18AM

Guys, play calling can be debated whether it works or not. Stop second guessing all the time. These coaches have done a great job with what they have.

If Henne completes that pass instead of the interception would you be questioning this?

The only thing that I did not like was the urgency that the offence had at that moment. Was that coaching or was that Henne? It will be corrected. I know this; the coaches will do everything to win. Henne and the team will also. Give it a chance. We are rebuilding and it will come.

Christ, I've been patient for so long it's nuts. But this is the best organization I've see in a long, long time. Go with it. It will work!!thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 09:20AM by Leon In Denver.

Date: December 22, 2009 09:42AM

But, Leon, my good friend, it was only the urgency that I was criticizing. (well, and the Pat-Cat too.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.