Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          And the search for a field general continues...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: And the search for a field general continues...
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 22, 2009 03:21AM

The NFL is the most "what have you done for me today" sport in the world. One pick and you go from fan favorite to "GET THE @##$ OFF MY TEAM.". A good reverse example would be when Ginn lit up the return game vs the Jets. The cries went from "CUT HIM" to "OMG I LOVE YOU".

Short answer: If you're calling for Henne's head and claiming he "sucks", you obviously have a very limited understanding of the NFL and how QB's develop. He'll be better than any QB we've had since Dan the Man left. Nuff said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: December 22, 2009 06:05AM

What I don't understand is how peole can give up on a QB who is only starting his 11th game of his career. There is no way to know if he will be a successful QB at this point in time. He is going to show flashes of brillance and look like a rookie, which he sort of is, at other times. As for the people who say he sucked at Michigan, you need to relise that sometimes QB's who were just average in college can turn out to be better in the pro's, because they will have better coaching. Henne has already started to show improvement in areas that he had trouble with in college. The kid started all 4 years of high school and all 4 years of college. He isn't a stranger to success. Give him better WR's and 1 second more to throw, plus teach him to have more touch on the ball and you will see a much better QB. You can blame him for loosing the game, but don't forget it is a team game. Ricky coughed up the ball in field goal range. The defense gave up to many easy scores. Henne brought the team back from an 18 point deficit and put us in a position to win a game, that few thought we were ging to be able to come back and win. Yes, he threw the INT that ended up loosing the game, but he did have pressure in his face and the refs made a bad call on the late hit. It's not like this loss was all on his shoulders!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 22, 2009 06:16AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why not discuss playoff possibilities, Ranger. Do
> you think we are so out of it?

I am not talking about the playoffs I am talking about the whole Henne Marino thing. I marvel at some throwing the kid under the bus after a game like this, does anyone really expect this kid to play like he did against the Jets on Monday night every game? Rookies make mistakes you just hope that they make great plays in the process and that is how you know if you got something worth keeping or not.

As for the playoffs ChyrenB yes I do think for the most part we are out for this year. Too many things need to happen for us to make it but who knows. At this point I wonder if it is better for us to miss the playoffs so that we can get better position for the draft. Anyone who is not drinking the koolaide knows that even if we do make the playoffs then we will be eliminated in short order.

Just a thought

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: December 22, 2009 09:41AM

yeah but ill take playoff experience over picking a few higher in the draft even if it were one and done...something to be sauid for making it 2yrs in a row and raising the teams overall expectations for next year

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 22, 2009 11:12AM

This thread should have been entitled

"And the search for another Monday Morning QB continues"

Henne made mistakes this week, he is going to be a fine QB!

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 22, 2009 02:41PM

People need to stop waiting for the next Marino. It's not going to happen. He was a once in a generation talent. We can't compare Henne to Marino. It's not fair to Henne, or any other young QB.

Another thing about Henne. How many QBs ever go from having great WR in college to having less talented guys in the NFL? Usually, it's the other way around. At Michigan, Henne had Braylon Edwards, Steve Breaston, Mario Manningham, and Jason Avant. Henne comes to the NFL and has to adjust to playing with WR who are not as good as the ones he had in college. And speaking of Henne's college WR, I'd like to see us sign Adrian Arrington off New Orleans' practice squad.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 22, 2009 02:49PM

Why has this post gone on so long. Anyone who thinks Henne sucks, needs to watch more football, to understand that even Favre in year 30 can have a tough game.

Henne is going to be great!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.