HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Henne Accuracy - Is it a Problem?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad Henne Accuracy - Is it a Problem?
Posted by: Surferdude ()
Date: December 09, 2009 05:07PM

I have only seen one game, so I am not an expert on this. However, I have seen several comments on this board about Henne missing open receivers. So my question is, does he have an accuracy problem?

If so, can it be corrected?

Cam Cameron and Steve Young have said that accuracy is a major criteria for drafting QBs. If they are not accurate coming out of college, its too late to fix it in the Pros.

Comments?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Henne Accuracy - Is it a Problem?
Posted by: DVDon ()
Date: December 09, 2009 05:13PM

Mia - Ne game on NFL Net Replay right now. He is still growing but overall accuracy is not a problem. Touch is probably more of a problem but he is getting better at that also.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 09, 2009 05:51PM

NO

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 09, 2009 06:10PM

They want to say touch is a problem. I could care less I was watching last weeks game having flash backs of Jeff George, without the attitude. To this day I still think George threw the best ball and Henne is probably as close as I have ever seen! Henne is going to be a great QB if he stays grounded.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 09, 2009 06:48PM

I agree on Jeff George. He wasted his talent. Henne does NOT have an accuracy problem. Joey Harrington had an accuracy problem. Henne hasn't perfected all the throws yet, but he'll get there. Marino didn't have every throw perfect in his rookie year either, and this is, basically, Henne's rookie year.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 10, 2009 04:27AM

One could not even remotely siggest Henne having an accuracy problem in his first game against the Jets.

He put it exactly where and only where it needed to be.

Then he had a very limited number of throws that were well practiced. The whole playbook has opend up for passing now and once he gets some time with it, i think the accuracy will be consistent as well.

BTW - It sure wouldn't hurt to have a few more open receivers. That too will come.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 10, 2009 04:30AM

The only gripe I have is that he rifles a lot, which is why we're seeing so many batted balls at the line. Needs to work on touch passes and getting a little bit of air under the ball.

The pass to Hartline in the corner of the endzone was an awesome throw, though...

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 10, 2009 05:11AM

I was cussing him after he missed Polite wide open on our last drive vs. the patsies. Then, the next throw he lasered into Camarillo to convert the 4th down. Henne has a cannon but needs a little more touch on some of his throws

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 03:00AM

He just needs to relax a little, emotion makes him overthrow lots of times. It's not that he's nervous...he just gets over excited from what I've seen. His accuracy will be definitely be improving in the seasons to come.

Date: December 11, 2009 04:38AM

We should find out for sure this week. i expect us to throw a lot, and he and Bess are beginning to hit their stride.

Speaking of hitting the stride ... I'd like to see us make a play deep to ginn. he is soooooooooooooo due and henne has not re4ally hit him in stride of late.

Date: December 11, 2009 05:11AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of hitting the stride ... I'd like to see
> us make a play deep to ginn. he is
> soooooooooooooo due and henne has not re4ally hit
> him in stride of late.

I get the impression Henne has lost some confidence in Ginn. He's finding the receivers he can count on: Bess, Camarillo, Hartline. Those are the guys he prefers to throw to. Ginn's made some nice catches as of late, but has he redeemed himself with Henne? Not sure.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 05:36AM

He hit Ginn for a couple of nice passes last weekend. The only one that missed was Henne's fault. Ginn will get better as Henne gets better.

Date: December 11, 2009 07:15AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> He hit Ginn for a couple of nice passes last
> weekend. The only one that missed was Henne's
> fault. Ginn will get better as Henne gets better.

Those were short passes, though. Ginn is usually faster than anyone on the field at a given time, meaning he has the ability to beat anyone deep. Problem is, he hasn't been very reliable on deep routes. Ginn's performance is NOT dependent on Henne, it's dependent on Ginn himself.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 09:54AM

Ginn I hope your reading this:

"You catch with your eyes, not with your hands."-M.Schottenheimer

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 11, 2009 10:36AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> We should find out for sure this week. i expect
> us to throw a lot, and he and Bess are beginning
> to hit their stride.
>
> Speaking of hitting the stride ... I'd like to see
> us make a play deep to ginn. he is
> soooooooooooooo due and henne has not re4ally hit
> him in stride of late.

Agreed. Ginn has had the step on the defense a number of times but has been overthrown. He's doing his part. Hopefully Chad's touch will continue to improve. Like you pointed out, that will also help these young recievers to get better also. I'm just loving what I'm seeing though, and ignoring all the WR haters on this forum, I think the passing attack looks very bright for the future.

Date: December 11, 2009 10:39AM

I think Ginn's ability as a deep threat is contingent upon him learning to be a short pass threat first.

Once defenders have to really respect him getting off a block and being a legit target for the 1st down chains, he'll be in the position to burn someone long on the stop and go or double move play.

For now it seems like they bump him early and the safety can give him a lot of room without a lot of fear of him making the catch in traffic underneath.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 11, 2009 05:56PM

More guys who can get decent separation will mean a higher completion percentage for Henne, and the questions about accuracy will disappear.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 11, 2009 09:33PM

I don't think accuracy is a problem. He just needs to grow with experience and grow positively even if we face a rough stretch. It won't help him either if he is now designated the savior to be denounced if he can't produce miracles.

He still is leading a team with a lot of deficiencies including more glaring ones on defense.

He had the best running game in football until Ronnie went down.

He was able to take up a surprising amount of the slack.

Let's take it slow and let him learn because I agree he is a great natural talent.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: December 12, 2009 08:03AM

I think there are several categories of problems. There are unresolvable problems. There are problems you can resolve by fixing them. there are problems you can resolve by compensating for them.

Is missing plays like the two Polite throws or the Fasano goal line throw a "problem"? In that Henne's game last week would have been even better if he hadn't missed those shots, yes. But I believe he will improve and when he gets even better WR play he will improve even more.

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: December 13, 2009 07:20AM

I don't think it's an accuracy problem either, more of a touch problem. And I think that will improve with getting more chances to throw the ball... and having better WRs. winking smiley

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 13, 2009 11:20AM

GINN WHO??!! No he has no problems with accuracy.....touch needs a little work but come with time.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 13, 2009 03:24PM

Did Ginn play today?

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: December 13, 2009 03:43PM

ranger1 Wrote:
> Did Ginn play today?

Yep and he had a decent sideline catch.... Funny how any catch he makes I say great catch, even the ordinary ones...

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 13, 2009 04:49PM

Ginn has been making the most of his limited opportunities the last couple of games.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 14, 2009 05:55AM

17 straight completions yesterday.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 14, 2009 02:35PM

Ginn can catch throws when he's facing the incoming pass. Over the shoulder catches seem to confound him though.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: December 14, 2009 02:42PM

I have to hand it to Ginn. He has a few nice sideline catches. Still, I wish we could get a real #1 WR!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.