HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Goodell's an a**
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Goodell's an a**
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:37PM

Miami will never be small market like Buffalo and Cincy. After NY and L.A., Miami probably has the biggest market in the country.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:55PM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Miami will never be small market like Buffalo and
> Cincy. After NY and L.A., Miami probably has the
> biggest market in the country.

Are you insane?? You got Chicago, Philly, Dallas, Washington D.C, Houston, Denver, Boston and about 5-7 more before you get to Miami.

And on top of that Miami is a bad sports town to boot!

Date: December 11, 2009 03:22PM

MikeO Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Miami will never be small market like Buffalo
> and
> > Cincy. After NY and L.A., Miami probably has
> the
> > biggest market in the country.
>
>
> Are you insane?? You got Chicago, Philly, Dallas,
> Washington D.C, Houston, Denver, Boston and about
> 5-7 more before you get to Miami.
>
> And on top of that Miami is a bad sports town to
> boot!

You're nuts! Look at the population and tourism. Then consider the history the Dolphins have. How can you say ANY of those cities rank above Miami?! Have you ever been to those cities? Chicago, Philly, and D.C. are dumps! Dallas and Houston are mundane and boring cities. Boston has serious traffic problems. And Denver? Your kidding, right?

Date: December 11, 2009 09:22PM

Look at the list of TV market sizes then you get back to me... and we can have a real discussion

Date: December 12, 2009 04:03AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Look at the list of TV market sizes then you get
> back to me... and we can have a real discussion

We're talking about money and Superbowls. Something that happens once-a-year. What does TV market have to do with it? Are you suggesting those other cities would be bigger money-makers than Miami? Who wants to go to Philly or Chicago in the winter? D.C., outside of the mall, is the most dangerous city in the country. Dallas gets ice storms. Houston's not much better. Shall I go on? Miami is a BIG money town. That's why it's so expensive to live there!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 12, 2009 04:08AM

I believe you guys are using different parameters in your arguments. For true local market size, yes it's traditinoally a function of the local population as MikeO says. This is important when local media outlets are setting advertising rates. The more people who live in the area, the more who watch/listen to the local stations, the more money is raised.

Victor is right that the Phins just may have the most fans scattered around the globe. This was a few years ago, but I recall once reading that Phins merchandise was a top seller, right up there with the suckass Raiders and Cowboys. Merchandise sales are a money maker but advertising revenue is the most cherished prize. Tourism *is* important though, as people fly in (unfortunately from opposing teams) and buy up seats at JRS. But the tourists don't count towards the resident total that makes up the advertising market size that sets the ad rates.

Date: December 12, 2009 06:45AM

Thank you JC!

Miami will be a small market NFL team if you take away the salary cap, if Ross sells the stadium and loses his main revenue stream for the organization. That was the original point. Miami is already a mid-sized TV market, you start giving big markets a blank check and then take away the Dolphins big revenue stream and guess what, your now small market

Date: December 12, 2009 11:19AM

I thought this thread was about playing the Superbowl in Miami, not about dropping the salary cap.

Date: December 12, 2009 11:53AM

NO.... its about if Ross sells the Stadium what it will do to the Miami Dolphins franchise long-term. And how it turns Miami into a bottom level market team like Cincy or Buffalo with no stable revenue stream outside the NFL TV deal and more added debt (gotta pay rent now).

You mean you didn't even know what this debate was about?????? Go back and read through my posts again.

Date: December 12, 2009 06:15PM

Uhh..I started the thread. I think I would know what it was about.

Date: December 13, 2009 03:57AM

obviously not.

but whatever. Happy Sunday

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.