HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Henne is a top 10 QB already.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad Henne is a top 10 QB already.....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 07, 2009 01:20PM

I can go down the list of the top 10 QB's and only a few of them I would take over Chad. I can hardly fathom just how much of a breath of fresh air this guy is in the looooong run of bad QB's. He just turned 24 years old.

He has leadership skills, that in my opinion, are above Chad Pennington. Not necessarily from the preparation side of the house, but I think he is above Pennington in where it really matters......the huddle. I swear this guy looks like he has frozen ice in his veins. I never see him get rattled, so to the point that its almost unbelievable for such a young guy.

We all know about his physical assets (arm strength, size) but what I am highly impressed with are the intangibles. He already has 3 4th quarter comebacks this season. He already seems to have the knack for that. And thats a trait normally only the all-time greats have. So, even though its very, very early in his career. That is definately a good thing.

In my humble and honest opinion, Chad Henne is better than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and all the other young QB's out there.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Henne is a top 10 QB already.....
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: December 07, 2009 02:13PM

'In my humble and honest opinion, Chad Henne is better than Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco and all the other young QB's out there.'

that's saying a lot... and though i share your optimism, im not ready to make that assertion. i will mention that last night i was on the phone with a friend up in new york. he used to be my neighbor and is very knowledgeable of the game... we've been watching football for the past 15 yrs, often critiquing our teams (Jets/Phins)... he was able to watch the Miami game, and said that Henne will be a better pro QB than Sanchez. now he's not a qb coach or anything, and no one should take it with more than a grain of salt... but Henne's arm, accuracy (notably his acc +20) is dead on. Henne is our future.

Lets get him a TE to stretch the field... if McClain is gone, draft Terrence Cody in the 1st, and Micah Johnson in the 2nd...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 07, 2009 02:47PM

As a Michigan fan, nothing about Chad Henne has surprised me in the least. He's always had that ice water in his veins. And talk about tough? His senior year was something else the way he played through pain.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 07, 2009 02:51PM

Henne will throw for 4,000 yards next year with a #1 big time receiver. I would be willing to give the farm for a guy like Bowe. With Parcells son in law at KC we have an in on getting him. PLEASE!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 07, 2009 05:02PM

Sometimes great QBs come in threes:

Ryan, Flacco, Henne.
Manning, Rivers, Rothlisberger.
Elway, Kelly, Marino.

Is that a stretch?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 07, 2009 05:11PM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 07, 2009 06:06PM

I said this 3 weeks ago.

I believe it, Henne is legit. Take away the hall of fame guys with a few others and he's in that next group. Farve, Manning, Brady, Warner, Big Ben, Palmer, Eli, Rivers,Brees.

After that group Henne is right there and YES, Henne is better than Ryan and Flacco right now.

Date: December 08, 2009 03:08AM

i agree with your assessment on cody... NT is such a huge need i guess i jumped the gun... there is NO WAY parcells and co. would ever draft an unmotivated player, and definately not in the top rounds. that said, parcells likes his tight ends so i could definately see gresham, but mcclain would be my top choice, but he probably wont last past the top 10.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 08, 2009 04:45AM

You guys are drinking the kool-aid. Henne is good and getting better every week, and I LOVE the potential, but top 10 right NOW?

Manning, Brees, Brady, Favre, Warner, McNabb, Eli, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Rogers, Palmer, Schaub, Romo...

All of these guys are good QB's and have longer resumes, so you have to take that into consideration, but to say Henne is among those guys already is premature.

Henne is good and I think one day he will be a top 10 QB, but not yet...He needs to earn that status, and to be honest, I don't think a competitor like him would want you all to hand him the "honor" of being a top 10 QB.

I bet he'd say, "I hope to be named along with those guys one day, but I'm not there yet."

Date: December 08, 2009 06:48AM

I still like Henne over Shaub and Romo.

---------------------

Date: December 08, 2009 06:50AM

Thats just my opinion.

---------------------

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 08, 2009 06:51AM

I don't think Matt Schaub is better than Henne. Schaub is throwing to AJ, who is quite possibly the best WR in the NFL. If he's not #1, he's #1b or #1c.

Romo? Not sure about that one either. He's got more talent to work with and has had some truly awful games when it really mattered.

Eli no comment as he's injured and so are some of his team's best weapons.

Date: December 08, 2009 06:57AM

Yeah, I wished Henne was throwing to Andre Johnson or Miles Austin.

---------------------

Date: December 08, 2009 07:51AM

could you imagine what Chad would do if he were throwing to A. Johnson, D Bess, and T Ginn !!! this is why a #1 wr should be our top priority this offseason... its time to unleash the potential of our offense ! (note: i included Ginn because no matter how much you hate him, his breakaway speed is valuable and rare, he is a talented player... Not a #1, but a gamebreaker at ST and a big play threat. IMO he will get better once hes not relied upon. he did make some pretty nice grabs this week, but should have no more than 5-7 balls thrown his way per week...

Bess deserves to be on the field all the time. and i love what i see from hartline! maybe Bess/Hartline/Ginn as 1-2-3? it was pretty successful last week...

Posted by: KrK ()
Date: December 08, 2009 09:10AM

I'm going to have to agree. We've found a good QB. Now we need the weapons in our arsenal for Henne to use to blow up the other teams.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: December 08, 2009 10:13AM

God I hope he proves you right.

Date: December 08, 2009 12:05PM

You can't put Romo or Schaub in that elite group

Neither has won a plyoff game. Romo's record/stats in December are beyond horrible (minus last week). Schaub is always injured.

Date: December 09, 2009 06:22AM

Henne has 3 fourth quarter comebacks in this year alone.

I wonder how many Schaub and Romo have, and they have been playing for years.

---------------------

Date: December 09, 2009 11:13AM

Well Schaub had one against Miami last year, I remember that!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 09, 2009 11:27AM

Date: December 09, 2009 06:55PM

Yes, 6 QBs were drafted in the first round in '83, but hardly anyone ever talks about Tony Eason, Todd Blackledge, or Ken O'Brien anymore. Hardly great QBs.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 09, 2009 07:57PM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 10, 2009 04:23AM

One similarity that i like about Henne. He has that look of intensity and focus that you always saw in Marino.

Not ready to annoint him as marino, but he is the first QB I've seen since marino that seems to carry the self confidence and focus of a guy who knows he can perform under pressure.

That I like.

Date: December 10, 2009 06:36AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One similarity that i like about Henne. He has
> that look of intensity and focus that you always
> saw in Marino.
>
> Not ready to annoint him as marino, but he is the
> first QB I've seen since marino that seems to
> carry the self confidence and focus of a guy who
> knows he can perform under pressure.
>
> That I like.

If you're talking about the pressure of coming back and winning a game, Pennington was pretty good at that too! If you're talking about pressure in the pocket, then Henne has similar skills to Marino. He's got a gun and his release is pretty quick (not as quick as Dan's, but quick). Penny's release was slow, which is what Baltimore was able to exploit last year in the playoffs.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: December 10, 2009 07:19AM

I'd like to see slightly better scrambling skills/pocket elusiveness from Henne. No one outside of Miami thought much about Dan Marino's scrambling in the pocket to keep the play alive. They were like "he's an immobile pocket passer, end of story." Marino was incredibly elusive in the pocket by way of shifting his shoulders, stepping up and to the side to be able to make big plays.

I think Henne's pocket awareness and comfort level has already improved since his first few games. I'd like to see him continue to improve upon moving around in the pocket with quickness. Not like Mark Sanchez who is a quicker little guy and can dart quickly in one direction to buy some time. More like Marino's style of subtle but fast twitch pocket shifting. He has looked slow at times when shifting around the pocket, especially on plays where he ends up getting sacked.

I hope he can develop a more quick/urgency-type style of elusiveness to his pocket presence. If so, with that cannon, and the accuracy he has (i agree, he's just gotta work on the touch passes a bit more) he could very well establish himself as a top 10 QB in this league, with the potential to move up to 5-6 with time.

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: December 10, 2009 07:32AM

Panteraize Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd like to see slightly better scrambling
> skills/pocket elusiveness from Henne. No one
> outside of Miami thought much about Dan Marino's
> scrambling in the pocket to keep the play alive.
> They were like "he's an immobile pocket passer,
> end of story." Marino was incredibly elusive in
> the pocket by way of shifting his shoulders,
> stepping up and to the side to be able to make big
> plays.
>
> I think Henne's pocket awareness and comfort level
> has already improved since his first few games.
> I'd like to see him continue to improve upon
> moving around in the pocket with quickness. Not
> like Mark Sanchez who is a quicker little guy and
> can dart quickly in one direction to buy some
> time. More like Marino's style of subtle but fast
> twitch pocket shifting. He has looked slow at
> times when shifting around the pocket, especially
> on plays where he ends up getting sacked.
>
> I hope he can develop a more quick/urgency-type
> style of elusiveness to his pocket presence. If
> so, with that cannon, and the accuracy he has (i
> agree, he's just gotta work on the touch passes a
> bit more) he could very well establish himself as
> a top 10 QB in this league, with the potential to
> move up to 5-6 with time.

There is a great film about Marino's "mobility" on NFL top ten. The video is still on NFL.com in their list of the top 10 mobile QBs. They have guys like Fran Terkenton and Steve Young and Michael Vick and... Dan Marino?! Good job though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.