HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The wildcat is done!!!!!!!!!1
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The wildcat is done!!!!!!!!!1
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 06, 2009 04:14PM

The wildcat is old news. Everyone has figured out Miami's clown plays. We have a good quarterback with good pocket presence, decent receivers and a running back that can go all day. Enough of putting in Pat white who is srawny and inexperienced. Everytime they remove Chad from the position they interrupt his concentration and comfort level. Enough with the go*amn clown plays. Play real football.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The wildcat is done!!!!!!!!!1
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 06, 2009 04:25PM

When Ronnie is back next year, expect the wildcat to be back as well. If we can get 5, 6, 7, 8 yards per play, I don't see how we can just throw that away. It's a great ball-control play!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 06, 2009 04:52PM

I think the announcers of the game today fully and adequately explained why you can't run the wildcat with Pat White.

Their take was that it was not the wildcat failing the Dolphins today but who they tried to run it with.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 06, 2009 05:05PM

Without Ronnie Brown it makes no sense to even try and run it from here on out.

Bring it back in 2010!

Posted by: joemama ()
Date: December 07, 2009 02:50AM

The wildcat is real football.

The spread offense with Pat White who is just not that good right now seems like a bad idea. White has a better arm than Brown but it seems every play is designed for him to immediately go off-tackle. They don't even really run the option. If they don't trust White to run the option the way it is meant ot be run, he shouldn't be in there at all.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 07, 2009 05:11AM

I know I'm opening myself up for some serious sniper shots, but what would this pistol set be if you took out Pat White and put in oooh I don't know, Tim Tebow?

Date: December 07, 2009 05:54AM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know I'm opening myself up for some serious
> sniper shots, but what would this pistol set be if
> you took out Pat White and put in oooh I don't
> know, Tim Tebow?

It'd be a big slow guy getting tackled for no gain rather than a small quick guy.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 07, 2009 05:56AM

No Tebow and No White just play football! Wild cat is ok once in a while with a guy in motion like they used to run in. The direct snap and option that they have been running SUCKS.

Date: December 07, 2009 05:59AM

They need to decide what Pat White is. Running Backs run, QBs throw. That's the basic model in the NFL. The exceptions are few and far between.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:05AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:28AM

If we don't put the Tebow debate to bed here on this forum, another team that picks earlier than us in the draft will do that for us.

Partly because of our own success with the Wildcat, other teams will want to draft for him early, and grossly overpay him, in order to establish their own version of the WC. I predict that it won't work, and Tebow will have a decent career as a well-paid backup.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 07, 2009 08:20AM

Pat White is our backup quarterback and I see very little value in letting him play running back right now. He needs to be given chances to throw the ball but that should not come until we lose another game...officially ending any hope of a playoff game for us. Until that happens White should be kept on the bench to learn. If we are eliminated from the playoffs then I'm all in favor of giving White a quarter in each remaining game. That would get him some playing time each week (without taking a lot of time away from Henne) and help get him up to NFL speed. Then in the off season we work White into a few situations where he gets a snap or two each game.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 07, 2009 08:48AM

With only Ricky running the ball, the Wildcat is no longer a viable running attack. Pat White is not a replacement for Ronnie Brown. In fact, I'm not sure what he "really does" other than add a momentary pause and partial distraction to the game.

Re: Tebow. Don't underestimate his abilities. If he's still available on the board when the Dolphin's pick, I'd draft him and work him into the game plan. I'd rather have him advancing the ball rather than Pat White. Tebow might get a big contract, but don't be surprised if he donates much of it to needy foundations. He's that kind of person.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 07, 2009 08:57AM

Wild cat isnot done. Wildcat was successful because of the personnel and matchups we got from it.

- White doesn't get it done
- Ronnie is sorely missed.

I do think we have some viable plays from it, but the big matchup gain is with Ronnie in the game.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: December 07, 2009 11:18AM

My question stemmed from the question of whether you want Pat White running the "pistol/wildcat", or Tebow. So I'll rephrase it just for entertainments sake.

If by some wierd happening we end up with Tim Tebow on our team, would you rather have White or Tebow running the 3 back formations?

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 07, 2009 11:32AM

The wildcat isn't done. The guy who made it effective is on IR.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 07, 2009 12:17PM

The wildcat is not 100% without Ronnie Brown. Bottom line.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 07, 2009 12:26PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With only Ricky running the ball, the Wildcat is
> no longer a viable running attack. Pat White is
> not a replacement for Ronnie Brown. In fact, I'm
> not sure what he "really does" other than add a
> momentary pause and partial distraction to the
> game.
>
> Re: Tebow. Don't underestimate his abilities. If
> he's still available on the board when the
> Dolphin's pick, I'd draft him and work him into
> the game plan. I'd rather have him advancing the
> ball rather than Pat White. Tebow might get a big
> contract, but don't be surprised if he donates
> much of it to needy foundations. He's that kind of
> person.
I don't see Tebow in any roll as an NFL QB. He would make a great tight end though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.