HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Great day to be a dolphin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Great day to be a dolphin
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 04, 2009 12:16PM

With no more ronnie brown we dont have to worry about the wild cat. I am tired of people running on and off of the field. Anyhow now we can develop chad henne. IT is obvious that it is more important to develop henne then winning...

How dumb does that sound. I learned a long time ago that you should watch what you wish for because it might come true. Alot of people on this board wished the cat away and now it is gone. The result is we played the #31 rush defense team in the league and with the cat the game would have been over in the first half like it was the first time we played them. Thomas jones ran for 360 some odd yards in only 2 games against them!!!

We lost to the bill and the reality is now that some of you guys have wished the cat away you have also wished away our season... I hope that you guys are happy. THe funny thing is the same people who are saying give henne more PT will be the same people dawgin him if he struggles now that it is his show. (no question he will have to beat the pats now)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Great day to be a dolphin
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 04, 2009 01:09PM

I don't know why they don't like the wildcat.

First, our losses have primarily been because we are unable to stop the other team from scoring.

The points our offense has given up on turnovers, have not been as a result of fumbling the ball out of the wildcat formation.

We are able to dominate time of possession.

Is it the fault of the wildcat that the other teams manage to score when we don't have the ball?

It was either our Indy or New Orleans game when the announcers kept emphasizing (in the next game) that never had a team dominated time of possession to such an extent and yet lost.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 04, 2009 01:49PM

It is not that we dont like the wild cat, it just needs to be used wisely.

1st down and goal from the 3 is not the time!

About 5 weeks ago they stopped doing they back in motion (even when Ronnie was still playing) and basically turned it into a direct snap.

If they are going to do a direct snap I would rather see Henne in the shotgun formation.

The wild cat worked great with a man in motion when they stopped doing that is when they stopped getting 7+ yards per play!

If the wild cat is to be run, put Lex in motion and do it they way they used to. It can still work if the defence doesnt know where the ball will be going.

Time possession is great and yes our defense gave up those games. The facts are the wild cat is not being ran the way it was earlier in the year (the Indy game to use your example).

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 04, 2009 01:56PM

I think the wildcat is used wisely.....its a big part of why (at one time for sure that I know of) we were ranked #1 in rushing. How much wiser can you get!?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: December 04, 2009 02:14PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the wildcat is used wisely.....its a big
> part of why (at one time for sure that I know of)
> we were ranked #1 in rushing. How much wiser can
> you get!?

agree!! Wildcat sprinked in is great.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 04, 2009 04:03PM

Yeah, but in Clovis Phinatic's defense, that is not to say (which I certainly wasn't to answer him) that this Coaching staff did not on occasion run it when it should not have, particularly when Ronnie went out.

Is there anyone here that will defend its use EVEN ON ONE OCCASION when Pat White was sent in to run it in the Buffalo game? I thought those instances were wierd and almost traitorous in the second half.

Date: December 05, 2009 01:43PM

Date: December 05, 2009 02:01PM

not changing the tune, use the wildcat and sprinkle it in.

There are times we use it too much and it hurts us. I don't hate it, but in certain games when teams have it figured out like the Saints game and 2nd Jets game......we need to give up on it and not try and force something that isn't working

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 05, 2009 02:02PM

I'm not on the hating Cat list, haha.. Although I do understand what some of the guys say when we are driving down the field off a series of nice Henne Passes, then our momentum hits a brick wall as we install Pat White or some other nonsense. It does annoy me.

Date: December 05, 2009 02:26PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not changing the tune, use the wildcat and
> sprinkle it in.
>
> There are times we use it too much and it hurts
> us. I don't hate it, but in certain games when
> teams have it figured out like the Saints game and
> 2nd Jets game......we need to give up on it and
> not try and force something that isn't working

Well what we will now be forcing is our running out of the base offense. If I had to guess without the cat we are probably the 3 worst rushing team in the league. Someone please correct me but I think out of our base offense since the cat we are something like 2.3 yards per carry. As a matter of fact let me change it we may be the worst rushing team in the league.

We played the bills and the pres of hate the cat club thought that we didnt need the cat cause we were running well when the reality is the bills have the worst run D in the league. The pats are #16 middle of the road against the rush. After the pats give us trouble with our rush you will realize that we do need the cat and they dont even have a great run D. If we dont get a guy to engineer the cat by the titans game we will get destroyed. Hope your happy mikeO you got your wish cool smiley

Date: December 05, 2009 03:14PM

1) We aren't the worst rushing team in the league
2) I didn't get any wish, I have no idea what your talking about.
3) The wildcat vs the Bills threw an INT in the endzone....hapy with that?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.