HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Nightmare Scenerio #2
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Nightmare Scenerio #2
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 30, 2009 05:04PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nightmare Scenerio #2
Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 05:13PM

The Saints, that is how bad I hate the Patriots.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 30, 2009 05:37PM

I pleed the fifth, I will go back to sleep and wake up to find that it is tuesday and we are no where near the playoffs grinning smiley

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 07:43PM

How bout this one......both COLTS and SAINTS go undefeated and play in the SB while knowing both those teams should have gone down against us!

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 30, 2009 07:51PM

Sooner or later some team is going to accomplish the perfect season whether it's New Orleans or Indianapolis or some other team down the road as long as we did not have to share it with the Pats then I'm fine with it.

How any Miami fan could cheer for the Pats in the superbowl is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong I always cheer for the 72 record to stay intact but if it meant cheering for the Pats in the superbowl NO WAY. hate them to much.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 01, 2009 02:18AM

Saints.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 01, 2009 11:11AM

Mike is definately pulling for the Patriots I know that.

But I have to go with the Saints. Matter of fact Im almost wanting New Orleans Or Indy to match us so that the cheatriots undefeated season will mean even less.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 01, 2009 11:51AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 01, 2009 05:20PM

Patriots, of course.

Those who think that the '72 Record is something from the past that no longer means anything should have taken note last night when AFTER IT BECAME OBVIOUS THAT THE SAINTS WERE GOING TO WIN THE GAME the Game Announcers said words to the effect of

1) The 72 Dolphins now have two teams that they are waiting to lose so that they can pop the champagne.

2) That the Saints going 16-0 will mean nothing unless they also win the SuperBowl and (their words not mine) "ASK THE PATRIOTS!"

I just hope that Indy loses one so that if the Saints go undefeated and we don't make the playoffs, Indy will knock them off.

PhinKiss was right though, we had it within us to beat them both and blew it twice.

PhinJim, we keep reliving the dream every time no team goes undefeated AND WINS THE SUPERBOWL.

Those who think our record was destroyed by the 2007 Patriots are thinking on a level I don't understand.

Date: December 01, 2009 05:46PM

Another thing. PhinFans2 considered rooting for the Patriots to beat the Colts or the Saints was rooting against our CURRENT teams interests.

I can see that point.

However, such a SuperBowl would mean that our CURRENT TEAM would have been eliminated.

Therefore rooting for the Saints would be ROOTING AGAINST OUR LEGACY and there would be no other way of looking at it.

And PhinJim, living in the now means that you were not around when we hated Thurman Thomas and the Buffalo Bills who won the division OVER US FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS IN A ROW and broke our record as the only team to go to Three consecutive Super Bowls.

You were not around earlier when there was no greater menace to the Miami Dolphin Franchise than Bert Jones and the Baltimore Colts.

Even earlier than that, Joe Willy and the Jets were dominant over us.

Rivals come and go and Belicheats come and go but until you guys get your wish, the 72 Record ABIDES!!!!!

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 02, 2009 03:45AM

PATS- undefeated team is more important than another NE title.

Date: December 02, 2009 04:52AM

To Chyren:

1. I was there for all of and remember fondly all.
- You do not have a lock on those memories any more than the rest of us.

2. I too thoroughhly enjoy each time the Fins can claim to be the only one undefeated thoughout the reg season and superbowl.

Where we part is in the ability to respect others that do so as well. If all other teams were homers, we would have no respect for having gone undefeated, only envy.

Going undefeated is special because we garner both the respect and the envy for our feat. So too is there room for respect in my mind for those who have not, yet may some day go all the way.

- There is still work to do for both undefeated teams

- Proviso: Note exceptions to Patriots (cheaters) and Jets (arrogant SOBs).

Date: December 02, 2009 08:24AM

PhinJim, my friend, I said nothing about not respecting those who actually make the accomplishment AFTER THEY IN FACT MAKE THE ACCOMPLISHMENT.

I just don't want them TO EVER MAKE THE ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Date: December 02, 2009 09:41AM

No problem, we sound closer to accord, just clarifying meaning of living in the now from above.

In the meantime - Enjoy ... as we are the one and only to run the table.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.