HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          5-6 it is time. NOW!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
5-6 it is time. NOW!
Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:28AM

Poll
24 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
Do you agree?

I always TRY to keep it positive, but there is a time and place for everything.

Give Henne every single snap. He can play!
Let Hilliard share a larger percent of the carries. He is a tough S.O.B.
Take all play calling away from Henning. This fancy S&^% makes me sick!
Sit Ginn and let Turner play. I broke my tv with the last Ginn drop
Play Cameron Wake more than 10% and get consistant QB pressure.

Now it is time to see who makes next years team. Who knows it may get us further than this product we are putting out there now.

I am still in hopes of the playoffs, but for whatever reason I think our coaches are stuck on stupid. My dad once told me "if it hurts when you bang your head into the wall, STOP BANGING YOUR HEAD INTO THE WALL"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5-6 it is time. NOW!
Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:39AM

Agree with most but taking play calling away from Henning. He can call plays but needs to be given direction...and that direction is AWAY from trickeration (as the talking heads are calling it now)

Henne needs to be in on every down.

Hilliard needs to be used to take some of the load off RW. Ricky is still one of the best backs in the league but won't last as a featured back.

The scoop on Turner is that he can't get off the line...and that's in practice. Couldn't hurt to try him though. It's not like he'll be taking playing time away from any all stars.

Would love to see Wake get more PT. I know they say his run defense is lacking but teams aren't running on us. They're passing b/c any average run of the mill qb that has all day to throw can complete passes! When we blitz, we get pressure and most qb's will make mistakes so why not blitz more?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:48AM

I agree also, except for the Henning thing. Henning won't give up play calling. It just won't happen unless he is fired.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 30, 2009 11:02AM

Dan Henning has been in the NFL for decades you just don't take playcalling away from a coach like that in December. Not only would NO coach ever want to coach for the Fins/Sprano ever again....its not gonna make that much of a difference.

Miami has zero players on offense at the skill positions. Aside from Ricky...we have zero right now. Playcalling might suck but even great playcalling, you are ONLY getting so much out of this sorry bunch

Date: November 30, 2009 11:10AM

To edit my comment about Henning. Maybe dont take away play calling but take away the liberty he has in calling all this fancy stuff every week. Just go out there and beat the defense.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 30, 2009 11:15AM

Date: November 30, 2009 12:06PM

clovis phinatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To edit my comment about Henning. Maybe dont take
> away play calling but take away the liberty he has
> in calling all this fancy stuff every week. Just
> go out there and beat the defense.

You hired him to call the plays, now you want VETO power. Doesn't work that way son. This is the real world and the NFL. Either he calls the plays or he doesn't. The playclock isn't that long and each play call can't be debated at length

Date: November 30, 2009 12:16PM

MikeO Wrote:
> clovis phinatic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > To edit my comment about Henning. Maybe dont
> take
> > away play calling but take away the liberty he
> has
> > in calling all this fancy stuff every week.
> Just
> > go out there and beat the defense.
>
>
> You hired him to call the plays, now you want VETO
> power. Doesn't work that way son. This is the real
> world and the NFL. Either he calls the plays or he
> doesn't. The playclock isn't that long and each
> play call can't be debated at length

Well Dad, not each and every play am i speaking of. They do have pregame meetings regarding plays. I dont buy our coach saying OK if it is first and goal from the 3 lets have Ricky throw it. There has to be a little more common sence involved than that! The meetings should be if we are getting positive yardage on run plays keep running, we will have ricky throw when we are not running well! Or if it is 3rd and forever dump it off to Polite. Come on, it is not that difficult.

Date: November 30, 2009 01:25PM

so now you want the coaches to have a meeting and bring up every possible scenerio that could arise in a football game.

Yeah ok, let me know when your space ship lands back on planet earth!

Date: November 30, 2009 02:35PM

Ok i am back, and you are right again Mike0. Come on! you know what I am talking about. Its time to take the broom handle out of your backside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 03:12PM by clovis phinatic.

Date: November 30, 2009 04:24PM

no i have zero idea what you are talking about. you started off saying one thing, have changed it twice and it makes less and less sense every time. I have no idea what your talking about

Date: November 30, 2009 06:58PM

OK again, enough already! I admit it you are the smartest person in Dolphin nation! Now grow up!

I see you all over this phorum attacking everyone like you are spoiled only child. RELAX!!!!

Now once again, I believe I have made it clear at the beginning how the majority of Dolphin fans feal about what is going on.

Read the first post and make a edgamacated comment and leave it at that. Quit talking down to everyone every chance you get.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: December 01, 2009 01:48AM

I agree that Sparano insisting that "the play was there" with Ricky throwing the ball in the EZ means that the coach has no f@cking clue. Honestly. And that kind of decision-making does not make me confident for next year. You put your players in a position to win, not make them nervous and hope they can complete a pass they've never completed before.

That, and a lack of game-planning, poor clock management, makes me cringe. There's a reason teams like New England are winners. They do a great job of player aquisition for one thing. They know what a player is worth - just like when they stole Welker and made a decision to grab Moss. They put the pieces into place. They do a great job of developing younger players too. And all this is possible because they have a great system, and great coaching. Period.

I don't mind rebuilding. But we're taking steps backwards here. And I think the players are feeling that. There's not a sense of going forward as a team. Instead, some parts are going forward and other parts are sliding backwards.

I understand that the Trifecta has a strategy of turning over the bottom half of the roster every year and not making any significant trades or moving up in the draft, but then if that's the case you have to do a better job of picking up guys who will stay on the team and make a significant contribution. Last draft, Vonte was a good move, although I would have gone WR. But the Trifecta's first thought after that was Pat White? A guy who trots on the field for 1 play to get 2 yards? What, we didn't need any linemen, linebackers, safeties or WR's? We harp about safety - Sherrod Martin picked off 2 passes in his first start at safety for the Panthers, and he's good at special teams too. What else do we need, O linemen? Unger and Levitre were still on the board. Who did the Patriots pick after we nabbed Pat White? Sebastian Volmer, a lineman who can play right tackle or left tackle. They plugged him in left because Matt Light got injured, and he's playing so well Matt won't get his job when he comes back. Vomer handled Joey Porter with no problem, and destroyed Dwight Freeney.

You pick up good players, and plug them in. After a few years, you have a team. If you can't use a player, it doesn't matter. You develop him, showcase him, and then sell him off at a high price. I'm a big believer in BPA in the draft. What you DON'T do is draft crap, or risky players, or one dimensional players. And you DON'T draft out of desperation, and after several picks, think...oh crap I don't have any receivers, and then start drafting them. On the worse passing team in the league, Turner can't even get on the field.

This team can turn it around in year 3. If they have a really good draft, be smart in FA, and reorganize their offense, we can be good. Or, they can make bad decisions and slide into the abyss. And at that point, it won't matter how much Tony Sparano yells at the players, they're not going to be motivated to play. They won't want to risk injury and they'll want to be traded. I'm tired of the "they didn't execute" deal. Stop screaming and start teaching.

sad smiley

Date: December 01, 2009 04:53AM

Exactly! I was glad Sparano said after the bills loss that he need to do a better job of coaching, because he does. I truly believe both of our coordinators are dropping the ball. Sparano needs to make them be smarter with the ball on offense. Braver with the pass rush. There are some great players in Miami that are not being used correctly, and it is starting to show in their attitudes.

Date: December 02, 2009 10:13AM

Good post sam.

I'm especially in agreement with the reality that we are sliding in some areas.

- Not so surprizing if compared with last year's perhaps overachieve ... but that's not my beef.

- My beef on sliding is in the lack of consistency. We have shown (ala saints game, and Indy game) that we could out muscle and out play a very good team. Then we don't finish. add in some questionable changes and a few injuries and ....

We looked to be free falling in the Buffaloe fiasco.

I do not believe we have what it takes to get in and advance in the playoffs this year.

1. Did I want it

- Sure. that would have been moving forward from last year.

2. Did we have a chance for moving forward. Yes. In the Indy, Saints, and Buf games among others

- But we didn't, we backed up.

3. Thus my confidence level (low) of the fortitude to make a run now is not based in future potential, but in the mind set and drive that has not been shown in finshing games this year.

- Talent upgrades are needed WR, LB, NT, TE
- Experience is needed QB, DBs,
- Youth is needed to finsh games DE, Pass rushers (including JT & JP)

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 02, 2009 06:23PM

>
> I do not believe we have what it takes to get in
> and advance in the playoffs this year.
>
>

IMO This really is the bottom line, regarding where we stand as a team at this point. We just don't have it this year. Maybe if we would have been luckier with injuries, we'd be in a much different position right now. But at this point we need to gel more as a team, weed out the dead wood from the roster, assess our needs for next year, and get Henne the reps he needs in order for him to mature as a player.

If we play our cards right in the offseason and have a good draft, look out next year!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 02, 2009 06:30PM

JC Wrote:

> If we play our cards right in the offseason and
> have a good draft, look out next year!

smileys with beer

Date: December 03, 2009 11:04AM

Improving upon last year would have taken a lot more of a few things that did not happen:

1. Low injury hit
2. Favorable schedule - Actually leagues hardest
3. Superior depth and or conditioning - 4th Qtr says it all
4. Ability to win the close ones. - Hasn't happened

Agree that we need to either make a massive improvement or begin to put the experience into developing and testing what we have or don't have in key areas. Be ready for next year.

Date: December 04, 2009 05:15AM

Getting really anxious for this weeks game. Hope we shove the ball down their throats on offense and complicate our defense, and are able pressure Brady so he doesnt pick us apart. Oh yeah, no Pat White this week and Lets see a little more of Lex and Hartline.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 04, 2009 06:46AM

I hate to say this but we really don't have much hope of winning this weeks game...lord, I really hope I am wrong here, but I see two teams headed in different directions at the moment.

The Phins simply don't have enough difference makers on the roster right now and the one's we do have aren't.

We have built a solid foundation and a few unassuming ground floors. Now we must add the upper levels and enough glitz and glamour to draw attention to the structure.

WR...Glitz and Glamour
NT...Strengthen the foundation even more
LB...Better looking upper levels
DE...Better loking upper levels and a splash of glitz and glamour
S...Glitz and glamour

Date: December 04, 2009 08:23AM

Ken Wrote:
> I see two teams headed in different directions at the moment.

Which two teams are you talking about? The Patriots just got shillacked Monday night.

What is glitz and glamour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 08:24AM by GBOFinFan.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 04, 2009 07:53PM

Yes the Pats that got Shillacked Monday night. They are still good enough that with a couple of key additions they will be very dangerous next season and most of those additions simply need to be on defense. The fact is that the Pat's are playing better and better right now despite losing to the Saints. The Phins have been getting worse for a few weeks now. Hence the two teams going in different directions.

The glitz and glamour refers to big flashy plays. These types of plays make all of the headlines and get all of the photos and magazine covers. We have the RB's and CB's to do their parts now we need to add the WR's and S's to the mix. So big glitzy plays become a staple of this team no matter which positons or players make them.

I hope that I am wrong however and that we give the Pat's another beating Sunday.

Date: December 05, 2009 02:46AM

Glitz and Glamour...it sounds like something I'd hear on one of my wife's modeling shows. Isn't that what JT went to get on that dancing show? And look at him! JK, whatever you want to call it, we agree on what the final product should look like! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.