HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Ricky Pass and Haynos Again
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Ricky Pass and Haynos Again
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 30, 2009 07:12AM

I agree with everyone else (except Dan Henning) that we didn't need to get cute on 1st and goal with a goofy halfback pass. Having said that, the play actually had a shot at working. It was either bad route design, or bad execution by the route runner, JOEY HAYNOS.
It came as no surprise to me that a massively botched play involved HAYNOS.
It's my opinion that he ran the route wrong, and should have stopped and turned around about 1 yd deep in the endzone. Instead, HAYNOS kept drifting deeper into the endzone, allowing the defenders to step in front of him to make the pick.
I noticed he wasn't in the game much, if at all, after that play.
Not too sure why he hasn't been released yet. He has been a total bust. Can't catch or block, and have never seen him make a play on special teams. That equals an overpaid waste of space IMO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ricky Pass and Haynos Again
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2009 08:12AM

socalphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He
> has been a total bust.

Pretty funny, considering he was an UFA and he got thrown in to the starting lineup this year when Martin and Fasano went down. He's not that good, but I wouldn't call him a "bust". What exactly did you expect?

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:11AM

I expect anyone that we've invested time and money into, and that steps foot onto the field on Sundays, to be able to perform at some level.
Haynos is an absolute train wreck!! Kory Sperry looks like a Pro-Bowler compard to him. Why wasn't Sperry in on that play??!! Or Fasano?
From drops and missed blocks, to bad routes, the Haynos Experiment should have ended a long time ago.
And add TE to the growing list holes that need to be filled on this team.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:41AM

Hind sight is 20/20 (if the pass would have been a TD this thread may not be here).

It was early in the game and I think that we were trying to put a little but of "passing" thoughts in everyones heads when Ricky had the ball.

A TD pass would have been great for the "Ronnieless" wildcat but in hind sight, it was shoving too much down karma's neck.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:58AM

Haynos did play after that...but not much happened on his end.

the pass needed to be a high jump ball.
Haynos was open enough. the play would have worked if a Qb was throwing to him. OR if Ricky had been repped over and over to throw to a 6'6" target by throwing high.

It was an unnecessary play. The OC needs to own that one. Haynos may not have blocked the guy right...but he was open. Ricky had time to throw, saw the open target...but has no experience looking for a LB sitting beside a route. If Ricky had been properly coached it would have worked.

Still unnecessary.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:05AM

I thought about that....but...in the end...it looks like the OC doesn't think they could score the same way they got down there.

I could see if Ricky had been stuffed once or twice. But from a defensive point of view...having the ball rammed down your throat is more demoralizing.

I would have called a run play on 1st down. Then on 2nd a PA pass with Henne, then on 3rd down I would have run it.

And that is the conventional wisdom. And Henne knows that. And he knows that the other guy knows that...so he tried to be unconventional.

instead of lining up and saying " you think we are going to run....and we are going to run...and you are going to try and stop us...but you won't"

And THAT kills the spirit of a defense.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.