HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          observations from the game.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
observations from the game.
Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 29, 2009 04:29PM

I don't know what to say....not that I don't have an opinion...I am bewildered.

1) As I am sure everyone is talking about, that call to pass out of the Wildcat was remarkably stupid!!! Yeah it worked in the X's and O's world...but Ricky isn't a QB, and it was a short redzone play. How many reps did he have with that one? He was running for 5 yards a carry all the way down...Run RICKY!!!!! OR Play Action to Ricky and have a QB throw the ball. We ran down with ease...the stadium was quiet. The fans were wondering how much they were going to lose by. I heard Bills fans predicting 3 TD's by Ricky. That INT woke everyone up. The Bills fans got charged, the players. Had we punched it in for a TD ( like we did on the 2nd TD) the fans would have stayed quiet, and the Bills players would have stayed flat.

2) As was said...we were not getting any pass rush in the 1st half. Not enough blitzing. Porter had some great plays...but he had far too many where he was doing nothing. JT was the same. Older great players with a handful of plays in them. We need to address this in the offseason.

3) The offensive game plan was wrong from the beginning. The Bills were missing their two best corners and their best safety was not 100%. I couldn't believe how many times we trotted out with a bunch of TE's and a FB. On several plays I looked on the sideline and Hartline, Camarillo and Ginn were standing there. WTF?? So you attack second stringers with a bunch of slow TE's? We did line up with 3 and 4 WR's a few times...but we lined up with double TE's and 1 WR A LOT!!!! The plan should have been to spread them out and let Henne attack them with our WR's and run out of a spread out formation.

4) Unless they plan on using Pat White in a legitimate QB/runner system...they need to keep him off the field. Those plays are NOT effective in the NFL.

AREGH!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: observations from the game.
Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 04:32PM

I agree with you 100%

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 04:46PM

Play calling is getting more and more perplexing. The pass out of the wild cat was unbelievably ill conceived. You're running the ball literally at will. You're inside the 5 yard line and you have your tail back throw the ball? Henning sometimes outsmarts himself.

Date: November 29, 2009 04:52PM

All of the Dolphins fans in my section were in agreement. That was a STUPID call. There was not one person defending it.

On that drive the shortest run was 3 yards.

Umm.....hmmmm???/ 1st and 3...running with ease...the Defense yielding...Oh Yeah!!! Lets bust out the trick plays...because we can't score conventionally! ARGH!!!!!!!!

That was the key play of the game. Even the Buffalo radio guys were saying the same thing. That play changed the game!

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:39PM

STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: November 29, 2009 05:42PM

Exactly as you said it......Bills couldn't the run and your going to pass with RICKY.......GOES BEYOND ASSI-NINE!!!!......ASSI-TEN AND ASSI-ELEVEN if you ask me.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 29, 2009 07:54PM

The play calling about 80 percent of the game was bad!!!! Enough with the tricks just shove it up their backside!!!

Posted by: KrK ()
Date: November 29, 2009 08:34PM

That play changed the whole game.

I agree with your assessment. Run it in and score, Buffalo would of remained out of the game, we'd of won.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 30, 2009 01:04AM

I agree with everything you said, realist.

And I believe winning games takes 4 quarters, it's not just what you do in the last 5 minutes of the game. What you do early in the game sets the tone. When we drove down the field and had the air taken out of our sails that was a sign of things to come. Then we scored, 7-0, when it should have been 14-0.

As far as sacking their QB, that's fine, we did a good job of that, but for the most part their O line held up and gave their QB clear lanes to see through. That's something the dolphins have not really learned to do on a consistent basis, pass-protect.

Date: November 30, 2009 04:35AM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 30, 2009 04:52AM

With respect to the D-line rotation, I felt the same way - little rhyme or reason. I didn't even know who 93 was, but he was getting pushed around or out of position every time I saw him.

I truly believe - as indicated by the RW throw and a bunch of other nonsense - that the whole team took the Bills lightly. It sort of felt like they thought they could fart around all game and somehow win. Waste Ricky's near 100-yard half? No problem. Not try anything downfield? Again, no problem. Fail to set the edge? No problemo.

We should have been up about 21-3 after our massively long TD drive to open the 2nd half. It's one thing when IND, NOS and SDG come back to win, but this was stupid.

Date: November 30, 2009 05:43AM

I am starting to wonder about our current coaching set-up.

I think Parcells has brought some great components together.

Henning- creative play designer and co-ordinator. As a Play-caller...he needs a strong hand reigning in his flashy tendancies. When Parcells was the boss...I am sure Henning was vetoed by the Tuna...or at least directed to keep it conservative when things were working.

Sparano - I like him. I think he is smart, good attitude, emotional.

Pasqualoni- ? I do think he is doing a good job with what he has been given....but not a great job. Where was the blitz? We disguised NOTHING!! OUr man coverage was obvious to everyone in the stadium. Our cover two, our press/soft coverage...all clearly identifiable pre-snap. You could tell when Smith and Davis were going to drop back by the way they had their weight on their back foot and were not sinking into their front leg.

My Opinion? Sparano needs to become the Big Boss. After the draft...I think Parcells needs to get out of the way. I think Sparano is in a tough place as long as he is the boss of his Boss's old trusted friends. Maybe without the Tuna there, Tony controls Pasqualoni and Henning more?

IN 2010 we need more smash mouth aggressive coaching and less trickery on O , and less Base D.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 30, 2009 06:18AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am starting to wonder about our current coaching
> set-up.
>
> I think Parcells has brought some great components
> together.
>
> Henning- creative play designer and co-ordinator.
> As a Play-caller...he needs a strong hand reigning
> in his flashy tendancies. When Parcells was the
> boss...I am sure Henning was vetoed by the
> Tuna...or at least directed to keep it
> conservative when things were working.
>
> Sparano - I like him. I think he is smart, good
> attitude, emotional.
>
> Pasqualoni- ? I do think he is doing a good job
> with what he has been given....but not a great
> job. Where was the blitz? We disguised NOTHING!!
> OUr man coverage was obvious to everyone in the
> stadium. Our cover two, our press/soft
> coverage...all clearly identifiable pre-snap. You
> could tell when Smith and Davis were going to drop
> back by the way they had their weight on their
> back foot and were not sinking into their front
> leg.
>
> My Opinion? Sparano needs to become the Big Boss.
> After the draft...I think Parcells needs to get
> out of the way. I think Sparano is in a tough
> place as long as he is the boss of his Boss's old
> trusted friends. Maybe without the Tuna there,
> Tony controls Pasqualoni and Henning more?
>
>
> IN 2010 we need more smash mouth aggressive
> coaching and less trickery on O , and less Base
> D.

Perfectly put!!!!!!!!!! Lets start the last sentence NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 06:29AM

Posted by: rustin1303 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 07:00AM

Cant wait till next year when we have a Bigplay WR.. Maybe we go after an established play like D.Bowe,or A.Boldin. or use a 1st rounder on one like Dez Bryant or Golden Tate?

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 08:53AM

Even though I am unhappy with the outcome of the game, I am very happy with the team.

Injuries are an uncontrollable part of the game and we had some bad bounces of the ball.

The trinity is still molding the team and we are getting some good experience.

Henne is a damn good QB and I do not think Pat White will be a bust. It will take some time, but he will add some value.

As the myan long count calendar closes, the football godz are getting itchy for the next great defense. About every 10 years there is a great defense - not just a very good one, but a great one.

The trinity is building that defense and the football godz will be very pleased.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 30, 2009 11:26AM

1. I am not happy with the team. What the Trinity has started, they have not finished

- The league is learning to take apart the gadgets and and the Fins with it
- The lack of depth at LB, and NT is exposing the immature DBs
- The weakness at WR put the offense in a 1 dimensional mode

2. The Trinity erred in over assessing the WR potential

- It has back fired badly
- Intent to have the break out year or rookie growth has not even come close to what rookies on other teams are doing.
- Ted Ginn gets worse each weak.
- Bess is the closest thing we have to a WR

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:05PM

The trinity is building this team. They are not done.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:20PM

Pasqualoni is a loser. I'd get rid of him. He never did anything in college when he had McNabb.

We need a big play WR. The best I've seen in college this year are Demaryius Thomas (GT) and Ginyard (CINN)

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 30, 2009 04:24PM

went to 2 BCS bowls with McNabb.........thats gotta count for something

Date: November 30, 2009 07:45PM

Coaches wont keep the best guys on the field......what best guys??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.