HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          On the WR's
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
On the WR's
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:47PM

I know its unrealistic, but this offseason if we just kept Hartline and got rid of everyone else, I would have no problem with that at all. I really wouldn't.

These guys put the fear of god into nobody. Buffalo is running a 2nd string defense for the most part with all of their injuries and these guys can't get open, make a catch, or make a play.

I know getting rid of Ginn and his contract is tough, so I can accept him as a #4 WR and KR. Bess is nothing special period. Camarillo is slow and nothing special. Hartline I see promise in.

We can totally clean house here and start over and it would be addition by subtraction. No more excuses for Bess and Camarillo, they aren't guys who will help you win meaningful games in this league. We have no reason to keep them around. End of story

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: On the WR's
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:51PM

c'mon BESS is a KEEPER.

Date: November 29, 2009 03:13PM

why is he a keeper? He has below average speed. Does nothing as a punt returner. And once again, isn't a guy opponents fear on any level.

I see no reason to keep him beyond this year

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 03:18PM

As someone else stated Bess & hartline are likey 3&4 , we need at least one big time WR. Pray for Marshall, even Edwards would be a huge upgrade

Date: November 29, 2009 03:19PM

No to Edwards. He sucks. Even Jets fans are already sick of him and he's been there a month

We need to hope SD doesn't franchise Vincent Jackson and Miami MUST break the bank for him.

I can't see Parcells signing a nut-job like Brandon Marshall.

Date: November 29, 2009 04:10PM

Maybe the Tuna show is done?

Davis ahead of Patrick Chung & Jarious Byrd,Louis Delmas
Pat White (turner & Hartline on some) ahead of Massaquoi, Mike Wallace, Austin Collie, Johnny Knox (5th) even Julian Edelman 7th

Edwards may suck but he is way bewtter than anything we have

Date: November 29, 2009 04:13PM

He looked good against us. Edwards would be a terrific acquisition this offseason, as the #1 receiver. He's a big guy who might get with the program, he wanted to be DRAFTED by MIAMI. And signing him would mean the JETS get nothing for the draft picks they sent to Cleveland.thumbs up

Date: November 29, 2009 04:14PM

keep GINN as a KR PR only.

Date: November 29, 2009 04:18PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the Tuna show is done?
>
> Davis ahead of Patrick Chung & Jarious Byrd,Louis
> Delmas
> Pat White (turner & Hartline on some) ahead of
> Massaquoi, Mike Wallace, Austin Collie, Johnny
> Knox (5th) even Julian Edelman 7th
>
> Edwards may suck but he is way bewtter than
> anything we have

so you wanna give a guy who SUCKS $10 mill a year cause he is better than the crap we have??????? THANK GOD YOU AREN'T RUNNING THIS TEAM!!!

Date: November 29, 2009 04:29PM

I didn't say give him $10M. Would you have said the same when Moss was suffering with the Raiders? Edwards & Marshall even maybe Bowe give us a bigtime receiver that would open up the game for the others like Bess, Hartline, even Ginn

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:31PM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 29, 2009 10:08PM

I just looked at the long pass to Ginn in the fourth quarter...the ball was underthrown by Henne...another two yards down the field and it's completed with Ginn off to the races.

This team must get some pleyers so the margin of error is a bit bigger...right now it's waaayyyyyy too small.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:25AM

You're out of your mind. Bess is our best receiver. He would find a job on another team in a freaking heartbeat. This guy is gold. Everyone else, forget it. The new guy Hartline I agree looks good and we'll move forward with him for now. Camarillo is done, Turner can't get on the field, Ginn is a bust.

For 2 years we've suffered through a patchwork offense. Who caught the most passes last year? I haven't looked, but it's probably not even Bess, you'll probably see a lot of catches by Cobbs and Ronnie Brown.

We're supposed to be rebuilding, but I think we were in combination win now/rebuild mode. Next year will be our 3rd year and the offense should be clicking. But instead, we'll have to literally recreate one.

This is not a 3 year project. It could have been, if we made better player aquisitions. If we picked up Matt Ryan, then a LT after that, instead of the other way around, that would have been a start. Then in year 2 we'd get a receiver for him and more help on the O line. So this is going to be a 4, 5 year project. And during that process, we may keep Henne or may end up with someone else.

Honestly, next draft, we're all going to call out positions we're in desperate need of, like WR for one, and better linebackers, but we need to just go BPA. Period. If he's a running back, I don't care. You draft some real players on this team and start building a roster.

Date: November 30, 2009 12:29AM

Bess is our best WR

That proves my point. Thank you. No moree needs to be said!!!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:56AM

He's good, he would find a job. Ginn just drives me insane though. Every game we say he sucks and how much he's a bust, but I'm always resigned to the fact that we have to play him because we have no one else and at least he draws some defensive attention on the field. Take him away and I feared that it would bring defenses in even closer. But at this point I don't care. He is crap, and he needs to be benched for the rest of the season. I don't want to see this guy anymore. This is what we get for drafting someone who can run fast and is not really a football player. Thank you Cam Cameron.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:25AM

We definitely need 2 new WR. Unfortunately, if next year remains an uncapped year, Kevin Walter will be the best free agent WR available. Bess is a good slot receiver who could do more damage if we could get the defense to soften up underneath. Hartline has potential. And he's a very good special teams player. Turner can be kept as a project. Last week, Channing Crowder said he runs sloppy routes but will be a good player in a couple of years. But, Camarillo and Ginn have to be squeezed out.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: November 30, 2009 03:12AM

Crowder can kiss my @##! for what that guy gets paid and for what he produces he should shut the hell up and do his job and do it alot better. We dont have any recievers that run great routes, and for him to say it about a particular player when he is the worst lb in the league, is not good. I would have benched him for that crap. This is why this team sucks because of all the worthless losers on it.

Posted by: rustin1303 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 07:03AM

How many times this season has Ginn beat everyone, and woulda scored long TD's, except the qb threw bad balls.. Probably double didgets.. Provided he caught them, he could probably have 5 or 6 TD's this year instead of one

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 30, 2009 08:58AM

Ginn, Hartline and Bess need to be kept... for now. Turner we know next to nothing about.

In this years draft we need to get one or two premium WR's and/or sign the best F/A out there. These guys must have size (6'0 or taller), speed (4.4 or better) and hands...at a minnimum they would serve to push Ginn, Bess and Hartline but they should be brought in with an "eye" toward replacing them both if necessary...bottom line is the cream rises to the top and gets kept, the rest gets thrown out.

Ginn needs to get some help catching...bring in Rice, Clayton, Duper or someone thats willing to tutor him and pay them handsomely for doing it.

With better recievers at the top of the roster drawing double coverage (and beating it a good percentage of the time) Ginn and Bess will have a lot more space to work in and will be be open much more often...but Ginn (see above) and Bess MUST put in the off season work...if they want their jobs.

Camarillo is the odd man out and should be released.

As far as Turner being a good receiver in two or three years...he does not have that kind of time. He must make the leap by the start of the 2010 season because we can't wait any longer than that, on him anyway.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:04AM

rustin1303 Wrote:
> Provided he
> caught them, he could probably have 5 or 6 TD's
> this year instead of one

Ahh...THAT's the point. Check how many catchable balls he's dropped that would-have-been TDs.

Date: November 30, 2009 11:06AM

1) We know a little about Turner. We know Turner has got SHUT down in practice all year by Nathan Jones and thats why he doesn't play. The coaches are pissed that this HUGE guy in Turner can't beat out a little corner in Jones. Turner is nothing special or else he would have seen the field and not be a backup to the worst WR corp in the NFL.

2) Crowder needs to shut up. Anytime you see Channing just yell out....DALLAS CLARK!! Until Crowder and stop Clark or any other tight end, he has no room to speak.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 30, 2009 11:28AM

1. Keep bess and Hartline
2. Yes bring in a mentor for Ginn ... no bring in a lobotomy team
3. We need new talent - End of Story

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:08PM

1. Bess and Hartline are keepers
2. Ginn is incredible at how well he drops passes
3. People say Turner sucks. Lets see it, we have 5 weeks to find out how bad he is.
4. Yes a Boldin or Bowe type is much needed

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 01, 2009 05:40AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 01, 2009 06:47AM

Brandon Marshall.
He has been a true team player. I think someone close to him got to him. So far he has straightened his act out and he is a true play maker.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 01, 2009 07:20AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Brandon Marshall.
> He has been a true team player. I think someone
> close to him got to him. So far he has
> straightened his act out and he is a true play
> maker.

I agree. He could be the next "Moss" equivalent. Moss has been a good team player in NE after a rough time in Oakland. I think Sparano and Henne can keep Marshall in line. He's also come in immediately as Henne's #1 target! There's not much competition at WR on our team right now.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 01, 2009 07:42AM

I was wary of Marshall based upon his behavior, but I am basically convinced that he is changed. Deion Sanders did an interview with him toward the beginning of the season in which Marshall shared some pretty deeply introspective thoughts and feelings with which he had wrestled, and he proclaimed that he had humbly changed. He may never be a perfect angel, but i believe that he has fundamentally changed.

I would definitely welcome him to the team.

Date: December 01, 2009 11:27AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Brandon Marshall.
> He has been a true team player. I think someone
> close to him got to him. So far he has
> straightened his act out and he is a true play
> maker.

I don't buy it. Owens first year in Philly he was a good boy. Owens first year in Dallas he was a good boy. Then the true colors always come out. I think Marshall is cut from the same cloth

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 01, 2009 11:42AM

Thats ok tsstamper, I would give him a shot also. I would even give Bowe a shot. Although some would say taking diet pills is like being a crackhead.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 01, 2009 11:47AM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.