HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad Henne
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:29PM

The Dolphins coaches have no idea what they have on their hands in Chad Henne. This guy is the real deal. To keep taking him off the field as much as they do is STUPID.

I know our top 4 WR's suck beyond belief....so we need to "gimmick up" the offense to make plays. But we are at the point we need to let this kid just play. Get in a groove and let him lead and QB our team. The ONLY person who should be allowed to run the wildcat is Ronnie, and if he's hurt....then guess what, NO WILDCAT!!

I don't care how today's game ended and the stat line.....this kid is the real deal. If he had any weapons at WR, with our running game we would be scary good on offense. We need to just let this kid play and stop hurting him with the Ricky-wildcat and Pat White nonsense!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Henne
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:32PM

I AGREE, HENNE is our FUTURE!

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:35PM

I agree for the most part! He is very good and yeah the stats show the INTs, I dont want to use the BUT word but they were all tipped balls. Chad Henne will be around for a while.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:36PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:42PM

I do think henne has the goods. the loss and ints are not his fault. and the pat white package are just stupid. why not just announce that we are going to run the football on this down. not worth breaking up henne's flow.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:45PM

I was a long time and early advocate. I predicted that by the end of this year, he would be starting. However, I had no idea it would be because Pennington would be hurt.

Nonetheless, what I was disappointed to see today, ohhhhh, I should say LATE today was what I did not see early in the game. Early in the game, Henne was eating the ball and taking sacks. Late in the game, he started chancing the ball and got burned.

There were several tips but I wondered why he was throwing with a low trajectory sometimes and a high trajectory other times.

He was pretty rattled today.

He can carry the team but again it's coaching.

The first half the coaches ran, ran, ran and the second half they passed, passed, passed.

Of course, the killer bit of luck was that punt that went out at our 2 yard line.

Without that punt, I think we win. It came on our most successful defensive stand.

Someone should also tell Brandon Fields that when he is kicking from his own 20 yard line, he need not kick the ball high to allow his coverage to make the tackle. JUST KICK THE BALL ON A LINE DRIVE AS FAR AS YOU CAN and let the return man have to go back and get it. Stop trying to hit the top of the dome with every kick. That's okay when you're kicking from mid field but jeezzz.....

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 29, 2009 03:29PM

I think Henne is the man and is definately our QB.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:21PM

I like the kid no doubt, I think he might be legit. But I will hold off until I see him more. How he bounces back after this lost will tell us a lot. I believe this is the first game we have lost due to Henne more than anyone else. Before you start going crazy I know it was a team lost but the two INT he threw late in the 4th did not help.

We have gone through too many people here for me to start jumping for joy just yet. So far so good.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:27PM

Seeing him live gave me more appreciation for the guy. He can zip the ball into a tight space, and makes smart decisions.

Let him play with 3 guys on a consistent basis and he will develop a chemistry. Give this guy some legit WR's...and he will show everyone what he is capable of.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 06:01PM

I think Henne is the real deal with a bunch of clowns who cant catch a cold......shame that our recievers are going to cause him to throw picks because they cant get open.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 29, 2009 08:19PM

Let him play, Full time!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 30, 2009 12:43AM

I think Chyren's assessment is the truest. He did get rattled, and threw the ball low enough to get tipped a few times. Other times it sailed past the receiver. I like Henne, but the jury's still out, imo. Sun Sentinel had a comparison of QB ratings, TD's, INT, yards, etc for several QB's in their first start. Other than the slow-starting Mannings, all the other QB's had better ratings. But then again, none of those QB's had to come on and off the field to share time with the Wildcat and with Pat White. I think that's having a negative effect.

I always look forward to seeing Henne play, it's one of the few bright spots on our offense, and it's nice to see when he gets protection and an open receiver, he just throws a bullet in there.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:20AM

Each of the last 2 INT were tipped at the line. The first INT came when he got hit in the chest as he released the ball. There was way too much pressure allowed up the middle. Berger, Garner, and Thomas all had major issues in pass protection yesterday.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:02AM

Even the great ones sometimes look stupid out there. Yesterday Payton had some pretty dumb throws. Henne is the real deal.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 30, 2009 11:15AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not the future...he is the present. There are only
> a handful of QB's I would rather have (Brady,
> Manning, Brees, McNabb, Eli...etc.)
>
> Im taking Henne over Flacco, Ryan, Orton, Romo,
> Cutler... and those guys of the world. This kid
> has "it". That "it" you can't put your finger on,
> he has "it".
>
> If we give this guy some WR's....I think he can
> light up scoreboards. Especially with our running
> game

Close but not quite there. Henne did get rattled and the high balls floating away from open receivers several times shows it. Rushed with the adrenalin flowing. Typical for a newbee. He is still a rookie in my thoughts and this game should improve him if he has the character, and I think he has.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.