HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Season's still very much alive !
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Season's still very much alive !
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 29, 2009 11:44AM

If we had beaten the Bills today and then lost to the Pats and were 6-6 let's be honest we would of taken that and would still be in the thick of things for a wildcard spot.

Maybe for some weird sick reason it's just going to be the other way around where we lose to the Bills and beat the Pats.

The team did not show us today that they are capable of beating New England next week but hey maybe a loss like this to the pitiful Bills will wake them up and they play even harder next week against the Pats! I mean they always come out to play when it's New England and we're at home.

I still believe in the team to win all or maybe 4 games it's still very much possible, these kinda upsets are going to happen in the NFL every year all the time like KC beating Pitt and Oak beating Cinncy and even Denv beating the NYG if you wanna call it an upset,and then today this one was ours.

Unless New E goes through a choke stage in the final 5 games of the season they pretty much have the division at this point, but as far as a wildcard spot is concerned, Pitt,Denv,Balt,Ny.J,Jack,Hou and our Dolphins have all shown to be inconsistent this season and as far as I'm concerned it is still a crapshoot for the final 2 wildcard spots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Season's still very much alive !
Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: November 29, 2009 12:31PM

You have a great point. But right now at this moment, I could care less. Even if we somehow get into the playoffs, the team will so how figure out a way to lose in the first round.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 01:43PM

we are mathmaticaly still in it. but who cares, we are not a playoff team and if we somehow back into the playoffs 62-7 awaits.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:07PM

STOP!! We are done.

We have 5 wins all against bad teams. NYJ (twice), TB, Buff, and Carolina.

We have yet to beat one good team and to think the last month of the season we will start beating decent to good teams is fooling yourself.

Miami is done.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:12PM

Its true, while mathematically we are alive. Our SUPERBOWL home game is in critical condition on life support nearly flatlined...

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THERE'S A CHANCE.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:21PM

our SB is against the Pats. if we win, the season is a success in my eyes and I don't really care what happens the rest of the way. if we lose, well, it just goes to show the distance between the contenders and the pretenders.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 29, 2009 03:21PM

For all of you wild cat haters we need to find a new wild cat general quick or we are pretenders...

I hope people now see why we need the cat.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 29, 2009 03:23PM

i don't hate the wildcat.....when Ronnie run its.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 04:08PM

The WILDCAT is for running. Ricky runs it just fine. We should've done a throw over to HENNE instead.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 04:18PM

Reality is barring running the table (highly unlikely when playing 3 quarters) the season is over. See what you have in your draft picks

Thigpen on the cat?

Date: November 29, 2009 04:35PM

Yes MikeO but the 1st 3 games against Atl,SD,Indy were not with Henne and we were competitive in all those games and have picked it up a tad since.

The New Orleans,Buffalo and New England games we were right in in till the end we just found ways to lose those games.

I know it's very bleak but this team is quite capable of upsetting New England next game. If they can beat the Pats then they can run the table it all comes down to this game against the Pats.

We play the Pats tough every game and after the disapointment against the Bills this team will be very very ready for the Pats.
Like berkely said this is our superbowl next week!!

This is a trap game for New England next week and it will be a lot closer than everyone thinks.

Posted by: Ross Ohlendorf ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:37PM

take the blinders off and look at this roster. it sucks.
it's amazing they are in any games. they have 0 chance next week
and then the season is officially over. they will be lucky to finish 6-10

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 05:58PM

Get out of here with that garbage!!!!! and take Gloria, Lopez, the williams sisters, mark anthony, and Jimmy buffet, and that stupid freaking name.....landshark stadium......OUTTA here!!!!!!

Am I the only one that truly gives a rats butt about this team or is this circus of the - lets make believe while we keep dreaming about next year - for the next 20 years......what we have become?!

After losing to those Bills.....I dont want to hear the word....playoffs........I want freaking heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: November 29, 2009 06:26PM

as Jim Mora once said, "PLAYOFFS?....PLAYOFFS?"

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 06:34PM

Yeah I ran out of kool aid when I ordered those BUFFALO wings, please fill up my glass again.

Posted by: KrK ()
Date: November 29, 2009 08:30PM

Look on the bright side.

We're not Detroit fans!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:24AM

KrK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look on the bright side.
>
> We're not Detroit fans!

How many of them exist anyway?

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 30, 2009 04:59AM

I thought the playoffs were a long shot when we started 0-3 but I still think the season could be deemed a success. Lets not forget we are only 2 yrs removed from 1-15, this regime is a doing a pretty good job turning this thing around the right way with wise FA spending, good solid drafts and not throwing away the future with bad trades. We now have a young solid/very good O-line, two good young CB's, a young QB to hang some hopes on, some pretty good young D-linemen and a pretty good young WR in Bess (notice all the "young" descriptions) We have some glaring needs to get to the next level but lets give this regime some time to fix all the bad that the last few regimes did. If things keep progressing in a few years we will dominate this division, Buffalo is a mess, the Pats are aging fast and in my opinion the Jets mortgaged the future with all the big spending and trades for the present. Lets just be patient and give the tri-fecta some time, they are off to a good start.

Date: December 06, 2009 06:47PM

Like I said....season's still very much alive as well as the division for that matter! smileys with beer

Ya we lost to Buff last week but imagine how Pitt fans feel now after losing to K.C AND Oak. those games happen to all teams not just to the Dolphins.

Good for Sparano and the team to put it behind them and move on to a hell of a team effort against the Pats. season saver for now.

So either way we ended up 6-6 and Pitt,Hou,Tenn all lost today and hopefully Baltimore does too on Monday night.

If we can beat New England we can definitely beat Jacksonville but man that will be a tough game.

Never give up on the fins baby!!!!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:04AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:56AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> c. NE (7-5 finishes 10-6) Plays Car, Buf, Jac,
> Hou
> - Assume they go 3-1
Really? Which of those teams will NE lose to? Jax is the only one, I think, that has an outside chance of beating NE.

> Now my realistic expectatin for MIA is that they
> go 2-2, or maybe 3-1
> However if they really play with intesity like we
> saw yesterday, who knows no team looks
> overwhelming, but all can cream us on a day we
> don't play our best

I think we CAN run the table. Until Sunday it seemed we had forgotten how to win games and, instead, figured out how to lose them. I think we've re-discovered that and have enough faith on our QB to get us there...and I think he will!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.