HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Post Bills Pat White Rant
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Post Bills Pat White Rant
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 29, 2009 10:54AM

I know the game clock is not zero, but I'm over this. I'm over all the stupid game decisions. And I'm definitely over Pat White.

The first drive, you're shoving the ball down the Bills throat, and you ask Ricky to throw the ball in the EZ? We don't have Ronnie, we don't have our usual setup, and you ask Ricky to do that?

The last crucial drive in the 4th, you take out Chad Henne, the QB who is responsible for this team and scoring on this critical drive, and f*ck up his concentration by taking him out to replace him with Pat White??? Who got 2 yards??? Then Henne has to come in, settle down, and throw a long pass under a crumbling O line.

The Pat White experiment has to end right now. PLEASE DO NOT KEEP THIS GUY. I'm tired of watching Ted Ginn screw us in every game, tired of trickery and bad game decisions, and I just can't go another season watching this guy trot on and off the field.

Henne is no superstar. He could be more accurate. And he could react better under pressure. But honestly, if I was him I'd ask to be traded because what QB wants to be shoved on and off the field to be replaced by Ronnie Brown and Pat White. It's a 3 man rotation. How can ANY QB perform at his best, or really, develop correctly?

We deserved to lose this game and it's going to be yet another long season next year unless we shake things up.

sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Post Bills Pat White Rant
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 29, 2009 11:08AM

Jamarcus Russell was NEVER meant to be ANYBODY'S QUARTERBACK.

But he could substitute for Ronnie Brown in the wildcat.

This is Ronnie's second major injury.

Jamarcus's stock is pretty low and no other team has use for his skills.

CUT PAT WHITE AND PICK UP JAMARCUS RUSSELL.

Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: November 29, 2009 11:11AM

I agree with you that it is a joke the way they place Pat White into games in crucial situations. To me, it shows a lack of confidence in Henne to get the job done.

I believe that Henne is a decent QB, but will never be more than a decent QB. Just my opinion, but time will tell. In this upcoming draft I hope the front office will at least take a good look at McCoy, Bradford, and Tebow. You guys can say all you want about good offensive line play and a sound running game. This team has both and still struggles to score points. The NFL is a QB league. It's no coincidence Manning, Brady, Brees, and Roethlisberger are always in contention. Until this franchise lands a QB of that caliber, the Miami Dolphins are really irrelevant in the overall picture of the NFL, as they have been since #13 retired.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 11:22AM

Jemarcus Russel is terrible, might as well get Jared Lorenzen if you want a 300 lb QB that is useless. He is worse than the Culpepper(signed over Brees!)

Just nepotism and people with jobs that are clueless

Date: November 29, 2009 01:45PM

I absolutely agree that this is an NFL that loves high powered offenses and Brady and Manning rule. But even the young guys are lighting it up, like Flacco and Ryan. We reaaallly got caught flat-footed. We don't have what we need offensively. What was the point in taking Henne on the road and working out all these top shelf wide receivers if we weren't going to draft any? It take TIME AND WORK to develop a great offense, it doesn't happen overnight. You need the right system installed, you need time for the QB to develop confident and chemistry with his receivers, and of course you need players. So even if the FO wakes the freak up and decides to draft some players and/or use FA, it's not as easy as just plugging people in.

And Pat White...oh christ what a mistake. But since he was just drafted, he'll stick around another year. Ted better be gone, though.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 01:50PM

TEDD's FALSE START is another way this choke artist cost us another game, next play was an INT

Date: November 29, 2009 01:57PM

Yeah, he was called off the field right after that false start. I'm sure he got an earful from the coach. But what burns me is that drop he had over the middle, with no pressure around him. When he dropped it, he came away smiling. And his return game is going back to it's usual stink mode.

But since this is a Pat White thread let me say again how much it sucks to put this guy on the field and how out of place he looks. Cameron drafted the Ted Ginn family, and Bill Parcells drafted the Pat White fantasy. I don't know which is worse.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:01PM

I looked at the play a number of times and it looked to me like Ginn reset before the snap...not all his fault in any event but he does need to tighten up his game.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:43PM

yeah thatdrop over the middle- He heard phantom footsteps. Seriously if he catches that he could've got some serious YAC, but noooooo.

Its NOT PAT WHITE'S fault. When you get your number called you go in.

Date: November 29, 2009 02:46PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jemarcus Russel is terrible, might as well get
> Jared Lorenzen if you want a 300 lb QB that is
> useless. He is worse than the Culpepper(signed
> over Brees!)
>
> Just nepotism and people with jobs that are
> clueless

RESPONSE: Yeah, but I'm not saying get him as another quarterback but another RB who can run the wildcat.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 30, 2009 09:49AM

I have nothing but a feeling on Pat White. He will be valuable to the Phins one day.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:02AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Jamarcus Russell was NEVER meant to be ANYBODY'S
> QUARTERBACK.
>
> But he could substitute for Ronnie Brown in the
> wildcat.
>
> This is Ronnie's second major injury.
>
> Jamarcus's stock is pretty low and no other team
> has use for his skills.
>
> CUT PAT WHITE AND PICK UP JAMARCUS RUSSELL.

You are just kidding right? If not you may want to see a doctor for that!!!!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:28PM

naw, that deep ball was just a little too short. The defender was able to close and deflect. Not the WR's fault at all. Good play be defender, decent throw by QB, good route by WR.

If that ball is 2 yards deeper, the defender has no shot at it, and Ginn can try and sprint for it.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:30PM

I agree.

the problem is that they re seriously limiting him to easily defendable plays.

Untill he is given the green light to run a passing play where he can scramble and run...he will look stupid.

No more option until he gets to throw.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 01, 2009 02:23AM

realist Wrote:
> If that ball is 2 yards deeper, the defender has
> no shot at it, and Ginn can try and sprint for it.

Yeah, but if it's 1 millimeter out of his reach he will drop it. I agree, if Ginn can run to the ball he has a chance, but cause him to stretch or dive and it's a guaranteed drop.

Date: December 04, 2009 12:32PM

clovis phinatic Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Jamarcus Russell was NEVER meant to be
> ANYBODY'S
> > QUARTERBACK.
> >
> > But he could substitute for Ronnie Brown in the
> > wildcat.
> >
> > This is Ronnie's second major injury.
> >
> > Jamarcus's stock is pretty low and no other
> team
> > has use for his skills.
> >
> > CUT PAT WHITE AND PICK UP JAMARCUS RUSSELL.
>
>
> You are just kidding right? If not you may want to
> see a doctor for that!!!!

RESPONSE: No, dude, seriously. Jamarcus Russell was a TREMENDOUS BUST!....For Oakland!

But, Al Davis tried to make him out of a Kenny Stabler or a Darryl Lamonica.

Jamarcus Russell is no Terry Bradshaw, Bob Griese or Peyton Manning.

But he is a Ronnie Brown with a better arm.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: December 04, 2009 01:56PM

I want nothing to do with Russell! An announcer pointed it out a few weeks back, anyone who sucks as bad as he does but still plays with 2 big A$$ diamonds in his ears needs to be pimp slapped by one of his 350 pound lineman.

We have enough personalities like that we will be getting rid of at the end of this season.

Date: December 04, 2009 04:05PM

LOL. Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel, Clovis Phinatic and STOP TRYING TO BE DIPLOMATIC!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.