Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Just watched Dolphins/Panters wrap up on NFL.com...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Just watched Dolphins/Panters wrap up on NFL.com...
Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 20, 2009 04:29AM

with Rich Eisen and his clowns. I recorded it this morning and will watch it tonight to see what they say about the game but from what I watched online, it's a discussion about the Carolina Panthers. What they did wrong, why they went away from the run so early in the game, how difficult their remaining schedule is.

WTF? What about the team that won? Complete lack of respect for the Dolphins organization if you ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just watched Dolphins/Panters wrap up on NFL.com...
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:21AM

Actually, this was the first time I watched a game on the NFL network.
I thought they did a very fair job. Best I have seen this season. The wrap up was also quite fair in my opinion.
I'll watch more game on NFL.com as a result.
The wrap up showed lots of the Phins highlights too.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:36AM

I think Bob Papa is a pretty good announcer. Matt Millen, despite being an idiot, often gives very good immediate analysis of individual plays.

I much prefer them to the schmucks on ESPN.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:44AM

The whole night they referrenced Ricky running like when he was a Saint, NOT ONE referrence to Ricky's 1,800 yd season as a Dolphin.

They said Steve Smith was 'chewing up' the Dolphins rookies. Bess had similar production. They mentioned him having a good game....but no 'chewing up'.

They showed a pro-Panther bias. One of them actually said Steve Smith was his favorite player in the NFL on air.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2009 07:14AM

Matt Millen is an idiot......He fell in love with Lousaka Polite during the game which is fine by me, but on Ricky sweep TD, he said watch this pancake by Polite and actually Polite never touched anybody it was almost all Ricky's doing on that TD.

Though, Polite is a BEAST and definately killed a LB on one block....that guy is a STUD!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: DVDon ()
Date: November 20, 2009 07:20AM

At least they weren't "dithering". They all picked Carolina to win in the pre-game show. But I agree Dolphins get very little respect around the league. Fox's power rankings seem to treat them better than CBS and ESPN combined.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 20, 2009 07:51AM

Marshall Faulk picked MIA to win in the pregrame show, but the others went for CAR

The constant reference to RW "running like he did in NO" was beyond stupid and annyoing, I can see making a mistake and saying it once, but he said it like 3 more times and anyone who knows anything about the NFL (not just MIA fans) would know that RW's NO years were considered mediocre and his best years by far came in MIA. I get that Millen is an idiot and probably didn't know that but couldn't one of the producers told him in his ear after the first time he said it that he should stop saying this?

Also in the pre-game Dion mentioned that RW has the potential to be dominating because "he gained 4000 yards in college." OK--what about his 1800 years season and multiple 1000 yards seasons in the NFL?

Posted by: DVDon ()
Date: November 20, 2009 07:55AM

Agreed - My 16 year old son picked up on this immediatly.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 20, 2009 10:07AM

I agree also that the NO comment was dumb as they come. But I think they did a pretty good job over all. I just can't stand that ESPN joke of a crew.

Last night there was plenty of nice things said about both teams. And the Phins got their share.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 20, 2009 11:54AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The wrap up was also quite fair
> in my opinion.
> I'll watch more game on NFL.com as a result.
> The wrap up showed lots of the Phins highlights
> too.

The clip I watched online must been edited cause it started with an interview of Chad Henne on the field, then went into the studio where they discussed Carolina's fall from prominence. I'll have to watch the whole thing tonight.

The entire broadcast is available at nfl.com/live. COOL!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.