HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RB hurt.. its a GOOD THING?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
RB hurt.. its a GOOD THING?
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 06:29AM

Call me crazy. But unless this is a more than a sprain, its a good thing. Give him a week off and let the other PHINS carry some of the water for him for once.

Pat White takes his place in the WILDCAT? What we loose in SMASH MOUTH we gain in OCTANE. PATCAT?

Ricky getting a bunch of touches.

and HENNE torches CAROLINA with his arm in between. HARTLINE & BESS SHINE

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RB hurt.. its a GOOD THING?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:28AM

The Wildcat isn't as effective without Ronnie. Pat White's never run it before, as far as I know. Having Ricky AND Ronnie in the WC is what makes it so dangerous. I'm hoping Hilliard comes in and pounds it. Carolina won't be prepared for Hilliard because they don't know much about him. I think LH has some real potential!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 07:50AM

I hope so, because I don't have much confidence that the passing game can take up the slack.

Rick

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:03AM

You're crazy! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

If we were mathematically eliminated, yeah. If we had homefield advantage locked up, yeah. Otherwise we need Ronnie. We just proved that we don't have an easy time beating anyone, so we need all the help we can get, every week.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:26AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 17, 2009 08:47AM

Everytime pat white is in there its almost always a negative play. No more pat white please. They are trying to excuse the fact that they drafted pat white in the second round and it was a good pick. He is a good kid and i wish him the best but come on......

We need some base offense now that ronnie is injured and without him the wildcat is not the same.

Please let henne get into the game and get some valuable playing time. they put pat white last week on a series and two straight negative plays resulted even for a loss then henne came in on 3rd and about 13 and connected for a 15 yard pass for a first down.....It happened twice.

Why not let henne just run the base offense...........Take the growing pains....WHICH HE ISNT DOING THAT BAD ANYWAYS.................Pick low on every round next year and get him the receivers he needs to get to the next level.

Its not like we are making the playoffs this year anyways......I hope im wrong but we are not making the playoffs without receivers IMO.

Thats my negative comments of the month i will not be negative again this month...

On to a new trend of positive coments for me.....From now on.......

With that been said, there is always hope and now more that we are only 2 games away from first place in the AFC east..........Anything can happen.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 17, 2009 11:02AM

without Ronnie it isn't the WILDCAT. Its just a spread offense being run by the back-up QB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 11:02AM by MikeO.

Date: November 17, 2009 04:56PM

RICKY on the front burner. RUN RICKY RUN!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 17, 2009 05:19PM

Lex played them in the pre-season. 9 carries for 52 yards and a 39yd TD.

That gives the Panthers enough film to be ready for him.

I just hope that they let Lex or Pat run the 'real' Wildcat and not some gimmicky version of it.

Date: November 17, 2009 06:19PM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lex played them in the pre-season. 9 carries for
> 52 yards and a 39yd TD.
>
> That gives the Panthers enough film to be ready
> for him.

That was against 2nd and 3rd-string players. I don't think a single preseason game is enough scouting.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 18, 2009 05:00AM

It's enough to see a RB style, speed, and athleticism.

If you see a guy making guys miss in the pre-season against 3rd stringers...then yeah..it is meaningless because NFL starters are better tacklers, juking and dancing never works in the NFL.

But if you see a guy drop his shoulder and run over a LB and then sprint and outrun a safety? 2nd or 3rd string doesn't stop you from seeing that the guy is big & fast.

Also, Hilliard is a downhill runner.

More film would be better. Regular season NFL games would be ideal. but NFL pre-season where the guy has a big run and some positive plays is...enough...that you won't be surprised and caught off guard...which is the point I was addressing.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 18, 2009 07:37AM

I really dont understand some dolphin fans... They want so bad to stop the wild cat yet they dont realize it is the SOLE reason we are a competitive team. It give us a spark and defenses gameplan 70% of the time to stop it so that gives our base offense an advantage. Now it is up to henne and if he throws 3 picks and have a horrible game those same people screaming to stop the wild cat will be doggin henne.

POINT: THIS IS NOT THE GAME TO LOSE THE WILDCAT!!! this is a must win game and we needed to be at our best against a resergent panther team.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 18, 2009 12:28PM

can't see losing him as a good thing.

1. Ronnie is good as a runner, but Ricky can spell fill in well for him in that role

2. The gap is not Having Ronnie in the w/c decision role, as others have not faired well there. (Pat White etc).

3. He will be missed and so too will the wildcat miss him.

- The one upside may be Ricky getting more touches and it will likely come from a traditional set.

4. Hope I'm wrong and someone else can perform the trigger man role well in place of ronnie

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 18, 2009 12:38PM

Date: November 18, 2009 01:15PM

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 18, 2009 02:41PM

no.

Date: November 19, 2009 06:24AM

maybe we'll get a discounted RONNIE BROWN in FREE AGENCY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 06:30AM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Date: November 19, 2009 06:38AM

Alternate wrinkles including White and Hilliard have me optimistic.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 19, 2009 07:40AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> maybe we'll get a discounted RONNIE BROWN in FREE
> AGENCY.

His value will certainly head south because of this injury. Someone earlier implied that he will now be regarded as injury-prone. I think he *already* had that label even before this latest injury.

I guess the only silver-lining of sorts is that maybe we can re-sign him as a discount like DD says.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 19, 2009 08:31AM

I have said this a couple of times in months/years past, but i think RB is worth more to us than he would be on the market. So, I think we'll keep him at a reasonable amount, at least relative to what he'd get on the market...or, more to the point, what we'd have to pay on the open market for a reasonable replacement. He's a very important part of the WC, he punishes defenders when he gets a head of steam, he blocks very well and is a good receiver, he's smart and professional.

There really isn't much of an argument about whether he is injury prone...he is. But, you can't question his ability and desire to come back.

Date: November 19, 2009 10:17AM

JC Wrote:
> I guess the only silver-lining of sorts is that
> maybe we can re-sign him as a discount like DD
> says.

Between Ronnie and Ricky, it's like getting a DEEP discount at a scratch-and-dent sale.

Date: November 20, 2009 04:22AM

wwhoooooooooooah what a VICTORY!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2009 06:58AM

Lex Hilliard runs like a wildman.....he almost seems like a mini-Ricky Williams.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 20, 2009 08:59AM

He's a down HILLiard runner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 08:59AM by DaytonaDolfan13.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.