HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          JT's pick
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
JT's pick
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 16, 2009 09:13AM

Never understood the ruling. Clayton catches the ball, goes down on the ground, gets stripped and it flies into JT's hands. How come it wasn't a pick 6?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JT's pick
Posted by: JasonGuess ()
Date: November 16, 2009 09:28AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2009 10:04AM

I honestly think, if JT wouldn't have sold it like that (running to the endzone and celebrating), that it just would have been blown dead and Tampa would have kept the ball. Heady play by a seasoned vet!

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 16, 2009 10:35AM

hum, after reading the explination I can understand the call now. It is pretty ironic that a buccaner can go to miami and get robbed... I thought that they were supposed to be tough pirates or something like that.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 16, 2009 10:42AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 16, 2009 10:51AM

Haven't read the explanation yet but we got away with one if you ask me, but thats alright because we've been on the other end of many of these types of hose jobs in the past.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 16, 2009 11:09AM

JasonG thanks for posting that link.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 16, 2009 11:16AM

I think I get it: The whole continuation thing was in effect to see if the player could control the ball through the catch, we stripped the ball and it went up in the air and JT picked it. However, it was ruled an incomplete pass on the field and we got the ball where JT picked it off because it was ruled incomplete

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 16, 2009 11:34AM

That play was BS. They never whistled the play dead. If they were going to go ahead and call that an interception or fumble recovery, then it should have been a touchdown, because the play continued, both teams continued playing after JT began running it back, the Bucs pursued him even though one guy let up who had no chance of catching JT anyway. The point is, they don't award a TD at the end of those plays even if the player goes into the endzone only when the play is blown dead, but that didn't happen here. The refs all signaled a continuation and let the play develop. No whistles = touchdown.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.