HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne showed us something today
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne showed us something today
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:16PM

The ability to shake off such a big mistake and come right back with some big throws on the game winning drive shows me this guy has the real stuff to be a big top 10 QB in this league. Mental toughness is one of the intangibles that commentators always talk about, and today Henne showed that he's got it for sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne showed us something today
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:24PM

I do like his mental toughness. But I think that throw was unnecessary and put the team in a bad position. I think with a good compliment of receivers and TE's around him, and a decent scheme, he can be very good out there. Personally, I give him credit for putting up with all that running off and on the field to be replaced by Ronnie Brown and Pat Whie. That's got to throw off your concentration.

I'm hoping for big changes next year, because you can see we're at a crossroads. We can either make some smart upgrades and adjustments, or we're going to crash and burn next year.

It's all up to the FO.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:50PM

I don't have a problem with the Wildcat. I think it helps us. But I do think they are making a mistake with this Pat White 'pistol' formation.

Henne came in and converted a 3rd and 7 after the 'pistol' misfired. They need to trust him a bit more like they were forced to in the 2 minute drill.

As for the 'pistol', WildPat, the Spread with Pat....until they let him throw the ball teams are going to be blitzing the crap out of those formations. They know he is running it or pitching it. They have to let him throw to make it effective.

Aside from that, Henne is looking good. Give him a legit #1 WR and it is a different offense.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2009 12:56PM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 15, 2009 01:18PM

Come now guys lets not jump the gun, this is his FIRST successful comeback drive in 4 tries in the fourth quarter this season. What fan that has watched everygame this season actually had confidence that late in the fourth this offense would drive down for a fieldgoal? I didnt. Late in games against the colt, saints, and pats we (he, since blames always goes to the qb) did not move the ball even for ONE first down in the last drives of I think two of those games... Lets not crown him yet.

He played very well however in previous games he has looked like a deer in headlights and seemed unsure where to go with the football. But like I said he was very decisive and in command today. I know you just beat the team in front of you but this is against a 1 and now 8 ball club. Lets see how he does next week against an upstarting panthers team.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 15, 2009 02:11PM

I'm not crowning him anything, I'm simply giving him props for showing a lot of poise after handing TB the ball game. No, he ain't Dan Marino yet, but he showed me he can shake off a big mistake and come back the next drive and handle things. I can't tell you how many QB's I've watched throw an INT like that and be totally screwed in the head the entire rest of the game.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 15, 2009 02:36PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come now guys lets not jump the gun, this is his
> FIRST successful comeback drive in 4 tries in the
> fourth quarter this season. What fan that has
> watched everygame this season actually had
> confidence that late in the fourth this offense
> would drive down for a fieldgoal? I didnt. Late
> in games against the colt, saints, and pats we
> (he, since blames always goes to the qb) did not
> move the ball even for ONE first down in the last
> drives of I think two of those games... Lets not
> crown him yet.

This is Henne's 2nd comeback. He led an even better one against the Jets. And he didn't play against the Colts, so let's not try to blame him for that. Against the Saints, Ginn let a 30 yard TD bounce off his shoulder pads on the last drive that mattered. And on the Pats game, both Hartline and Ginn dropped passes that would have kept the last drive going. So, it's not like those are all on him either. Personally, I have a lot of faith in Henne to get the job done. I'm a huge Michigan fan, and Henne was always tough as nails.

The "pistol" formation needs to be put on hold. Or they need to make some downfield pass completions with it. Right now, teams are playing 8 and 9 guys at the line against us. And in the NFL, defenders are too fast to try to run the option against them when they have that many guys at the line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 02:37PM by dolfanmark.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 15, 2009 02:47PM

Pat White is a wasted pick, period. If he was a 5th rounder, I wouldn't care, but he's not. I don't see him fitting in as a quarterback.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: November 15, 2009 03:07PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
>
> This is Henne's 2nd comeback. He led an even
> better one against the Jets. And he didn't play
> against the Colts, so let's not try to blame him
> for that. Against the Saints, Ginn let a 30 yard
> TD bounce off his shoulder pads on the last drive
> that mattered. And on the Pats game, both Hartline
> and Ginn dropped passes that would have kept the
> last drive going. So, it's not like those are all
> on him either. Personally, I have a lot of faith
> in Henne to get the job done. I'm a huge Michigan
> fan, and Henne was always tough as nails.

My sentiments exactly...only I probably couldn't have worded it as well.

As a QB, I believe this shows a lot towards his character and poise. He IS the future of this team and today won't be the last time you see him take the offense down the field for a win. It may or may not happen again this year but it WILL happen...a lot once they acquire more weapons.

I've said it before and I say it again. If we had a top 5 WR on this team, we have 2-3 losses...two of them coming with Penny at the helm.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 15, 2009 04:15PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 16, 2009 11:46AM

DolphinSam, your not needs to be changed to PatriotSam, because you are so negative it is almost impossible to read your post most of the time.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 16, 2009 01:31PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 16, 2009 05:48PM

Good discussion. I'm watching the Browns/Baltimore game...man am I glad we don't have Quinn. Say what you want about Ginn, but he is just a WR. A bad decision at QB is tough to recover from.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 17, 2009 02:39AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good discussion. I'm watching the
> Browns/Baltimore game...man am I glad we don't
> have Quinn. Say what you want about Ginn, but he
> is just a WR. A bad decision at QB is tough to
> recover from.

We made a TON of bad decisions at QB ourselves in the past, but at least we didn't waste a high 1st round draft pick on one. Yes, between Ginn and Brady, it's obvious now that Ginn was the better pick. I still think there was better value in that draft, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.