HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ochcocinco and Boldin
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ochcocinco and Boldin
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 14, 2009 02:44PM

We obviously need WR help this upcoming offseason. But Boldin and Ochocinco are two guys I would avoid like the plague that are going to be available.

Boldin is always hurt. This guy is bitching every week over nonsense. The same guy who walked off the field after Zona won the NFC Championship game last year and left the stadium and didn't celebrate with his team. Not to mention the guy is always hurt!! You can list him as "QUESTIONABLE" for 16 games. He's never 100%

And Chad Ochocinco....this guy is a clown. Joking around with offering the ref a bribe in the middle of the game. Was it clearly a joke....YES. But you can't be messing around with the integerity of the game like that. His team has a chance to win the division and get a 1st round bye and he is now going to be suspended for a week upcoming (its coming...) during the second half of the year during his teams playoff push! This guy is a clown and he can sit up in Stephen Ross's owners box for every Monday Night game we got, I dont' care.......I wouldn't let this fool play on the Fins if he wanted to play for FREE!! This guy is an idiot and will destroy a team. He has been quiet the past couple years cause his team has sucked and he played second fiddle to Housh. Now his team is good and he's the "man" again.....he starts up with his antics that will hurt his team!

There are gonna be other quality WR's on the market like a Steve Breaston and such who I would rather overpay than take one of these two clowns

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ochcocinco and Boldin
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 14, 2009 04:01PM

If they don't work out a new labor deal, and next season is an uncapped year, players can't be free agents until they have 6 years of service time. So, guys like Breaston, Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards, and Vincent Jackson all won't be free agents this offseason.

Boldin is still under contract with Arizona for 2010. So, if Arizona still wants a high pick for him, Parcells and Ireland aren't going to do that. Plus, I don't really think he fits what we need. He is physical and sure-handed, but he's slow and does not get enough separation. We have enough of those guys already. He's averaging less than 12 yards per catch over the last 3 years. No thanks.

Ochocinco is also still under contract for 2010. He'll be 32 years old in January. We've been told that Parcells doesn't value WR. He's sure not going to give up a lot to acquire a 32 year old one, especially that is such a distraction.

I agree with you completely on both guys, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Date: November 14, 2009 04:07PM

PFT has an article on Boldin tonight. Zona is finally fed up with him and will move him this offseason no matter what

Date: November 14, 2009 04:34PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PFT has an article on Boldin tonight. Zona is
> finally fed up with him and will move him this
> offseason no matter what

But, I don't think trading draft picks is how this regime is going to try to fix WR. And if they did, there's no way it would be for a slow guy like Boldin. Henning made a comment last week about how Ginn is the only guy they have who can stretch the defense. They know that the slowness of the WR is a major problem. You can't have 4 WR who all run a 4.55 or worse. Boldin isn't the answer for us.

I look at a guy like Kevin Walter, who is a free agent after the season. He's 6'3, 218 lbs. I couldn't find any documented 40 time for him, but in an interview last year, he said he ran a 4.4 coming out of college. I doubt he runs that at his size now, but if he's a 4.5, he's faster than anyone we have but Ginn. He's not a big name that is going to get people excited. But, the last 2 full years he has had 125 catches for 1699 yards and 12 TD. And he's on a similar pace this season. He's better than anyone we have and won't turn 29 until next August. We could sign a guy like him, and then draft someone.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 14, 2009 05:53PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> I don't think trading draft picks is how this
> regime is going to try to fix WR.

Well, the last FA WR we signed was Wilford. That didn't work out very well. I think we may need to trade some future draft picks, but we need to keep our high 2010 picks for defense. The only other viable option to gain a true #1 WR in a trade would be to dig into our talent at deep positions. Perhaps Ronnie Brown could be a trade option if Hilliard shows potential. We'll still have Ricky next year to mentor him, and if you compare carry-for-carry, Ricky has outplayed Ronnie this year anyway. Ronnie has more yards because he's gotten more carries. Could that be a strategy to showcase his talents for an upcoming blockbuster trade?

Date: November 14, 2009 11:13PM

Ronnie is a FA himself, can't trade a FA

Date: November 15, 2009 02:27AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Ronnie is a FA himself, can't trade a FA

He's only a free agent if they reach a new labor agreement. As things stand right now, with an uncapped year, he'll need one more year of service time to be a free agent.

Trading Ronnie would just create another hole on the offense. The main reason why Ricky has been so effective this year is that he's not asked to carry the load. He's an old RB who gets to stay fresh because Ronnie gets the bulk of the work. And Ricky says he's only playing one more season. You trade Ronnie, and then you have to draft a RB high to replace him. Cobbs and Hilliard are good role players, but neither has the talent to be a feature RB. Plus, you'd have to consider scrapping the wildcat. Ronnie doesn't get enough credit for how he runs it. When Ricky comes in motion, they don't know who is going to carry the ball. Ronnie has to read the pre-snap actions of the LB and S before deciding whether he's going to keep it or hand it off to Ricky. Ronnie is a huge reason why we've been so successful with the package when compared to other teams. He does a great job of making the right decisions. And you definitely don't want Ricky as the primary Wildcat trigger man. Have you noticed how he rarely catches the snap cleanly? If you have him back there doing it when he's tired, he's going to turn the ball over.

Ronnie is part of the solution. He's a good strong runner with great hands out of the backfield. And he's a willing and capable blocker. He's also a team player, not a diva. Ricky is a more instinctive runner, but Ronnie is a special player, too.

The thing is, Ronnie would only get better with a better passing game. This was an issue last year, too. Until we can make plays downfield in the passing game, opposing defenses will not play us honest. They are going to put 8 and 9 guys at the line of scrimmage. If we can fix the passing game, our offense would just take off because the running game would improve, too.

I think you're going to see Ginn traded for a draft pick. I think we'll sign someone as a free agent. I'd be happy with Kevin Walter, because he'd bring us some good size at the position. I think Hartline will be around. And I think Camarillo will be used as a slot guy. I have doubts about Bess' future because he and Camarillo are redundant. Both are slot guys. And Camarillo has a little better size, is faster, and is more consistent. Maybe Bess would have some trade value to a team looking for a slot guy. And then I think we'll spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a WR. The Trifecta did extensive work on the top WR heading into the draft. They know we needed one. I think they were hoping that one of the top 6 guys would slip to us in round 2. That didn't happen. But, then I think they were caught totally off guard by what happened next. Massaquoi went in round 2, which was a surprise. And then in the 5 picks before our 3rd rounder, Derrick Williams, Brandon Tate, Mike Wallace, and Ramses Barden all went. I think all of those guys were on our radar screen, especially Wallace, who we had in for a workout. And all of them went higher than expected. And we were stuck drafting Patrick Turner, which was a major reach in the 3rd round.

Date: November 15, 2009 10:47AM

who the hell in their right mind will trade for Ginn.....seriously.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 15, 2009 10:49AM

I tend to favor staying away from any player who puts themselves before the team. I think both Boldin and Ochocinco have this destructive mindset.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2009 10:59AM

MikeO Wrote:
> who the hell in their right mind will trade for
> Ginn.....seriously.

Cam Cameron? Oh wait, you said "in their right mind", in that case...nobody!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.