HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Handling a loss.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Handling a loss.
Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 01:40AM

So im just curious as how the rest of you guys handle the losses we face. I know every one is different and im the kind of fan that a loss is the most devastating thing since old yeller took one to the head.

I pretty much NEVER watch sportcenter or visit espn.com the week we loose ESPECIALLY to those certain teams all the media seems to adore (indy, NE...) because i cant stand seeing them say how manning or brady or brees are the greatest things since the invention of the wheel and seeing all of the espn hosts drool all over them. I even confess to staying clear of this site for a couple days cuz im not ready to see the "Ginn should get traded now" or the "henne is not the future" or the "so lets start talking draft" posts everywhere but eventually i do come back read them all and sometimes reluctantly agree with some haha.

Anyway just curious as to how you guys take it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Handling a loss.
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 12, 2009 06:55AM

It just plan sucks. I get so pissed and depressed I usually start cussing and my Wife just stays away, which might be a smart move at that time.

Dam I hate it so much!!! We could have another 3 wins. Dam, Dam!!

Why'd you start this thread anyway?hot smiley

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 12, 2009 08:25AM

I get discouraged but I also see the reasons why we have lost. Railing on about player this and mistake that really does no good...

This team needs another really good draft to get a few more players that can play at a high level immediately.

We need defensive help but we also need at least two big play (read fast) players on offense.

If we can field three players that have 4.3/4.4 speed we change a lot of things for this offense. Ginn and ? and ?.

I say Ginn because I think that with others on the field this allows him to get 1-1 coverage more often and allows him to beat it.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: November 12, 2009 08:45AM

To get three impact players will take MONEY. It will be hard to get that through the draft alone. I really think we need probably two through FA. Pay the price. If we want to win we need them.

I do think that Defense is needed most. Even though we all know we need receivers. We should be able to get that receiver in 2nd to 4th round. But it's time to spend in FA.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 12, 2009 09:18AM

I think we should go for a sure-thing #1 WR in FA and draft a stud ILB in the 1st round. Then go Safety, TE, ILB, OLB and WR in the next 5 rounds (based on best player available).

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 09:23AM

Depends how we lose. The indy game and Saints game put me in a funk. If we get blown away (which has not happened this year) I take less hard.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: November 12, 2009 09:39AM

i see that happening this offseason...

we found our qb and CBs of the future.

our DL is tailor made with 300-plus lbs monsters across the board, with Solia raising eyebrows with his power and 350+ frame, perfect to man the middle of our defensive line. Don't forget Randy Starks who's been playing great, along with Merling and Langford i only see this unit growing together and getting better over time

Our offensive line is improved with the addition of Grove, though i'd like to see Carey traded and a true RT put in his place, one less expensive. Donald Thomas and Justin Smiley have made me hopeful for the longevity of our OL

we've tried to strike it rich at wr through free agency, but havent yet.. still an unknown is patrick turner. in the local papers sparano is saying he's catching everything thrown his way in practice, but that we're only dressing 4 wr a game, and turner is losing in the numbers game. Next season i would expect good things from him... very much like Henne surprised us all after sitting and learning his entire rookie season.

Porter is done, imo. taylor may have some left, but in all Wake should get the reps at LB over Porter. inside is a major problem too... crowder and ayodele? neither would start on a championship defense. and i expect as many as 3 or 4 draft picks to be spent on this area (LB in general)

i know we've all been down on G Wilson, but call me crazy i think this guy can still play. maybe its the level of competition hes going up against, or the fact that he now has two rooks playing, im not making any excuses, just hopefully he can get his act together.

imagine if we had a Polamalu back there?

point of my post, i think with a revamped lb corps, this team is ready to make a run for that big free agent wr.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 10:36AM

I am one of the sorest losers there is... I've always been a ridiculous competitor and I still fight professionally. I have to control my temper often. When the dolphins lose, I almost feel as if I've lost as well. It's usually a bad couple of days for anyone around me after they lose.. especially anyone who gets in the ring and trains with me.. I tend to take out my aggrevation there.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 12, 2009 11:04AM

1. IMHO - we should never let a team's performance define how you feel.
- No I'm not a bad fan for saying that. As avid as any in support.

2. Truth is however it is normal for a day to be affected (up or down).

- Beyond a dayit needs to go ... else you are depending upon a team to make yourself feel good instead of evaluating the performance of a team you love and root for.

3. Exception: Losing one you shouldn't to a top rival
- Qualifies for 2 days

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 12, 2009 11:15AM

Thank you Dr. Phil

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 12, 2009 02:13PM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. IMHO - we should never let a team's
> performance define how you feel.
> - No I'm not a bad fan for saying that. As avid
> as any in support.
>
> 2. Truth is however it is normal for a day to be
> affected (up or down).
>
> - Beyond a dayit needs to go ... else you are
> depending upon a team to make yourself feel good
> instead of evaluating the performance of a team
> you love and root for.
>
> 3. Exception: Losing one you shouldn't to a top
> rival
> - Qualifies for 2 days

lol...I agree. it's just a game. anyone that lets if effect their everyday life needs to seek help

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 12, 2009 03:58PM

Phinjim Wrote:
> 1. IMHO - we should never let a team's
> performance define how you feel.
> - No I'm not a bad fan for saying that. As avid
> as any in support.
>
It usually depends on how much faith I had in the team at the time. Losses this year hurt more than last year or the year before.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 12, 2009 08:07PM

Losing hurts. I played football for about a third of my life, and watching the dolphins lose bring memories of those tough loses I had actually been a part of in the past. However, as many athletes will tell you, there is nothing that can motivate a person more than a loss on Sunday. I usually come to these boards and read up on peoples opinions of why we lost, and try to contribute my thoughts if I feel I can do so in a positive manner. In other words, I react by coming here and venting/discussing/reading. It's therapeutic!

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 13, 2009 12:00PM

I drink heavily

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 11:33PM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
>
> Why'd you start this thread anyway?hot smiley

Hahahahaha I was still pissed about the NE loss and was curious as to how everyone else dealt with that sorta thing.

ChambersDeepBall - I love your answer hahahahhaha

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 14, 2009 02:37PM

"lol...I agree. it's just a game. anyone that lets if effect their everyday life needs to seek help" - MikeO

I should definitely seek help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.