HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WOW! All I have to say is..WOW!?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WOW! All I have to say is..WOW!?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 29, 2009 11:58AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WOW! All I have to say is..WOW!?
Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:26PM

been screaming that since the play happened cant believe its gotten so little atentionthat said they didnt get 36 points for that touchdown

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:30PM

Date: October 29, 2009 12:32PM

I really could not tell how bad of a call it was until I seen it in a still photo.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:39PM

Crap, pure Crap. That one play could have brought the momentum back to the Phins. Dam them refs anyway.hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:41PM

never should've intercepted the pass to begin with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GINN should've caught it. But didn't.thumbs down

Date: October 29, 2009 12:42PM

haha....new someone would turn this into a bash Ginn thread. Was just waiting for it. Thanks Daytona! thumbs down

---------------------

Date: October 29, 2009 12:43PM

Other words, this is a huge play the Refs got wrong. The one Ref is *STARING eye popping smiley * at the play. I am not sure how he missed it!?

---------------------

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:44PM

I remember watching the game at that moment thinking, alright, we get the ball back at the 20. When they said the play stands as ruled on the field, even though the Fins were pretty dominate in the first half, I told my wife, "They are going to lose this game!" After the first half, with total dominance by the whole team, almost going into the half with a 24-3 lead. The stupid announcers where saying if the Saints could score on this last possession, they have a great chance of coming back. Then the first possession of the second half, this plays happens. And being that it was a bad call. I knew it was over. And this following the Jets game, with the bogus PI call that gave the Jets 1st and goal.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:56PM

Yep,

Both Ginn & Fasano made a great play to get that ball back.

I like Sparano's No Comment response. There is really nothing he can say about that game changing call.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 29, 2009 01:43PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Other words, this is a huge play the Refs got
> wrong. The one Ref is *STARING eye popping smiley * at the
> play. I am not sure how he missed it!?

RESPONSE: Still trying to make up for the "our replay machine was not working" play.

I don't care if we had to punt on that series and that play had no effect. Nobody will ever convince me that the refs did not get a "hard on" for the Dolphins at that point.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 01:55PM

a few things:

(1) it was that clear to me during the game. the replays clearly showed the ball leaving his hand and moving forward at the 1 yard line. I don't think this pic really changes anything, you could tell the same thing at the time.

(2) even though the INT was his fault, Ginn really did show great hustle in punching the ball out. he was the furthest person from the goal line at the time of the pick and still got there first. still doesn't excuse the pic.

(3) I have no doubt that if that was a touchback and not a TD, we'd have won the game. But I am not going to bitch about it, because we played so bad in the 2d half we didn't deserve to win. I don't want to let them off the hook and blame the L on the refs.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 29, 2009 02:05PM

All right... this situation in under the jurisdiction of the rule of three:

1. You are not going to win (your argument)
2. You are only going to make yourself angrey (or look bad)
3. Never forget rules 1 & 2.

Look it up in your football godz handbook (right after the section on how to live with the human factor).smoking smiley

Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: October 30, 2009 06:15AM

Maybe LJ107 and the ref need to be suspended like the officials from the SEC, how can you be looking right at something and miss it so badley. I mean it is not like he was at the goal line he was a yard and a half away, 4 to 5 feet and then for the ref to say the ruling stands, is he blind also?

And that reminds me, I think the NFL should change the instant replay rule to state that the ref should explain why the play is standing as called or why it is being overturned, there are some refs that do a real good job explaining and then there are some like this idiot who tell you squat.

Does this mean the Fins will be getting some makeup calls this week against the Jets? That would drive the Jet fans nuts.

Posted by: clovis phinatic ()
Date: October 30, 2009 06:23AM

it was obvious in the replay that was shown on the tv. Who needed the picture. Stupid, blind refs!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 30, 2009 06:58AM

suspiciously horrible!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder if the fix is in.

How much would Vegas have lost in the upset? A lot of people took the Dolphins hoping for an upset. Vegas won....we lost. Coincidence? Sometimes I wonder.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 30, 2009 09:23AM

When it appeared Coulston scored right before the half I went and took a shower, how did all that play out after I left? I've picked up bits and pieces about Sparanos timeout call but if he didnt score shouldnt the clock of run out (I thought the Saints were out of timeouts) even if they stopped it to review? and why would Sparano call a timeout there?

Robbed!!!!!!
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 30, 2009 06:37PM

I just saw the still photo of the "would be" touchback.....

I can't believe the NFL hasn't suspended the refs who worked the game...Especially the guy who was stairing directly at the play from the corner of the end zone. That play was a "game changer".

As far as I am concerned the "FIX" was in on this one....

WE GOT ROBBED!!

I bet the Dolphins get a lot of "iffy' calls go their way this week against the Jets...

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 31, 2009 04:17AM

after all, it does happen in professional sports, just look at former NBA Ref Tim Donaghy and his ties to Vegas betting lines and fixes, not to mention calling games for the Gambino crime family... if this sport goes down that route (if it hasnt already) it will lose this fan right here.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 31, 2009 04:33AM

When I was watching that, I just knew they were going to make the wrong call. It just amazes me how two different people can see the same thing so differently. I knew at the time I was right at the time and this just proves it.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 31, 2009 08:31AM

We Was Robbed!

lol.

I agree with everything KC FinFan said. I was thinking the same thing. All the calls went against us, except that one very early in the game that had no effect anyway. In fact, I was joking with my Bro on one other play that we made later in the game and said lets hurry up and snap the ball before some ref makes up some more shit.

The bad calls were part of this game, and I've said that in my posts. We played bad later on to lose the game, but it was the kind of game where if you did get those bad calls, it would turn it. Momentum is so much a part of this game.

And I agree, the ref is right there and I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of fix was in or there was some sort of payoff. Saints are undefeated, maybe somebody wants them to stay undefeated for a while longer until some future "big" game that will rake in the money.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.