HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          You owe your fans an apology...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
You owe your fans an apology...
Posted by: chrisnnavarre ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:02AM

The coaching staff owes it's fans an apology for that melt-down against New Orleans today. I'm a thirty year Dolphin's fan and that was the worst display of stupidity starting at minutes before and continuing into the second half that I have ever witnessed.

I almost makes you not even want to watch them play any more. I'll give them two more weeks against AFC east rivals, but you'd better get you sh%T together or I along with all of your other true fans will turn you off for the season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You owe your fans an apology...
Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:15AM

They played their hearts out, to the best of their ability, so no one on the teams owes you an apology. If you expected them to beat the undefeated saints then you're the only person on the planet who did.

We can't magically waive our wand and replace mediocre or bad players with great players. We have what we have until the next draft and trade.

confused smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:17AM

Date: October 26, 2009 02:54AM

You don't have to wave any wands, all you have to do is utilize the current players on the roster who are producing and get rid of the bums that are not, i.e. Ginn, Fasano, Wilson... It would be nice if the coaching staff would start there.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 03:53AM

Gibril made some plays before the Shockey shocker. I give GIBRIL a pass, he broke up a bunch of passes.

GINN is a GONER to me, F him. FASANO another goner.

We kept the SAINTS down, and were the only team to do so this season. Since we have proven to be inconsistent, falling down the draft board is NOT the most terrible thing for our team.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THE MIAMI DOLPHINS.

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:11AM

I agree that they played hard, but, I don't buy the whole...they were too good for us stuff.

We were winning 24-3. That didn't fall out of the sky. It wasn't luck. It was smart preparation and execution by coaches and players.

In the 2nd half we went AWAY from that and lined up in our normal D, and returned to base offense at inopportune times.

They got back into it after the Ginn-Tip-6, but we were still ahead. We scored a FG and our D lined up in standard formation. That made it easier for the Saints. How many snaps to Wake get to play in the 2nd half? I didn't see him out there.

This was winnable.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 26, 2009 09:40AM

Moreover, we put no pressure on Brees. He had to be wondering after the first half when we put no pressure on him. So what does our coaching staff think, "Well, if we did so well in the first half without pressure, why alter our game plan and put pressure on him the second half?"

Of course, you can only hold down a good quarterback so long.

Realist is right, if you can get a 24-3 lead, you can hold it.

This is not a situation wherein we came out of the gate and were dominated from beginning to end.

When the Colts outscored us, I was the first to defend our defense.

I said, "Hey, this is Peyton Manning."

However, when you lose the lead we lost, NOT BY THEIR OFFENSE COMING BACK ON OUR DEFENSE BUT BY our offense turning the ball over.......coaching, coaching, coaching, coaching.....
Sorry, PhinsFan2.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 10:28AM

Date: October 26, 2009 05:16PM

To Tony Sparano...Apology accepted. That press conference showed alot of class today. You would never have gotten that from Nick Saban.

NEVER....

This team under that type of leadership will go places. Next up the Jets...

Miami will win this game big time!!!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:06AM

chrisnnavarre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To Tony Sparano...Apology accepted. That press
> conference showed alot of class today. You would
> never have gotten that from Nick Saban.
>
>------------------------------------------------------

Just where in his press conference did he give you a personal apology? Will you be expecting an apology for each loss this season? Who do you think you are, Stephen Ross?

What Brees did in the 2nd half I expected him to do in the 1st half. But we were jacked up and were hitting hard out there, causing turnovers, and even guys like Gibril made great plays. In the second half, it didn't continue, period. Saints made adjustments, Brees got time, Gibril became Gibril, Ginn became Ginn, they slowed down the wildcat enough to make us go to the pass, and the rest is history.

It's easy to say get rid of players, we're all saying that, but it's done out of accountability, not because I expect us to play great after we sit our starters...lol. Ginn, Fasano are our starters, and they're starting for a reason.

Date: October 27, 2009 02:51AM

Yep, I'm Stephen Ross...and who are you Sean Payton? I'll take the Jason Taylor road on this one. I'm not crowning the Saints as superbowl champs like you are.

Miami was better than that team, in the first half period. Got it. I saw it and so did the rest of the world. Sure Saints made adjustments, but so did we, like going away from the running game and exposing our true weakness. Our current primary receiver sucks because he can't make clutch catches, and when he does catch a ball or so he quickly scamppers out of bounds because it appears he doesn't want to get hit.

We couldn't keep Brees on the side line and he was able to exploit what everbody in the NFL knows by watching our games, we can't cover the short stuff over the middle, to either running backs coming out of the backfield, and especially class TEs like Jeremy Shockey, specifically due to the lack of cover ability of Wilson.

Combine this with poor time management and game stategy on the part of the coaching staff and you get the type of meltdown that was witnessed by everyone.

Don't goat me, because I wasn't asking for a personal apology on a chat board, but mearly stating the entire Dolphins nation deserved an apology for letting go of a game we should have won.

Don't be part of the problem here buddy, just open your eyes and see what everyone else did on Sunday. Discuss the issues and don't goat posters for wanting to dicuss football in a resonable manner.

Chris..

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:37AM

I don't go for the aplogy as needed, but i do agree that the coaches should have stuck to the game plan that worked in the first half.

Realist recapped it pretty well.

My read on it:

1. The Ginn tip 6 gave a defeated Saints team hope. Also invigorated their defense.

2. I think we changed a successful plan, and went away from the run game / wildcat / short passes to try to put break the game open with what the caoches thought was an opportunity in the passing game.

- This played into the hands of an opportune defense that has done this all year, but had no chance in the 1st half run game ... to take the ball away and score quicky.

3. Add in the effect of then wearing the defense down in the second half as breeze scored and we wen't 3 and out on passes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.