HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How I see it
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How I see it
Posted by: finman34 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:01PM

We lost. We lost to a team that is considered to be possibly the best in the NFL this year. For a major part of the game we had them. I know, coulda, shoulda, woulda but we did run them to the wire.

Even up to last week I would have never thought we had a chance in this game. I think every week we have grown a huge amount as a team. Just look at our schedule coming up. I think this game says we are far from done! When we run a team thats undefeated like the Saints the way we did today we have the ability to beat anybody!

Jets without Jenkins next week. win! Pats? The way we played the saints today I think we got more than a good chance! Bucs, Panthers, Bills? All easy wins imo!NE home? Great chance for another win!Jax and Titans ummmmm? Can you say win! Texans? More than a good chance. Pitt? Maybe, maybe not but what would our record be now?

Call me a homer or whatever you want, Im a fan and I see many positives after today's game with the undefeated and possibly top team in the league, New Orleans Saints! It's the beginning of a long winning streak imo.

Go Phins!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How I see it
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:10PM

Yes. I'm disappointed now but I totally agree. However, there aren't any guaranteed wins in this league so we've got to be ready!

Rick

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:47PM

I feel the same way. I did not believe we would win this game, but it hurts when they came so close to beating one of the best teams in the league. But the rest of the season doesn't look as bad as it did at the beginning of the seasons. So here's to great rest of the season. At least we have exciting football back in Miami.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:17PM

Sorry, but I can't be that generous.

In any season, you are either making a run for deep into the play-offs or you are putting together the pieces to do it soon.

Today we had a 21 point lead, we were getting to the QB, we were successfully running the ball, we were stopping their run.

Then, we stopped the shifting on D and lined up in standard, we stopped running the ball, and we played scared.

Did Ginn screw up? YES!!!! Did the Ref's blow some calls? YES!!! Did that allow the Saints to score 22 points in the 4th quarter? NO!!

We definitely need to upgrade WR, ILB, Safety. No Doubt! BUT, the coaches need to sit down and ask themselves WHY DID WE STOP DOING WHAT WAS WORKING???!!!!!

This is embarrassing!

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:19PM

It didn't help that the refs blew that call right before halftime. If they get the call right in the first place, then time expires and we are up 24-3 at the half. They also blew the call on the interception return. There is no way that ball wasn't out before he crossed the goal line! With all the money the NFL gets, there should be camaras at every angle for the endzone at every game! Those plays changed the corse of the game.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:21PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:23PM

Ah, Ref's, NFL, MONEY....Vegas???

Sometimes I wonder how those all fit together.

Did you guys notice on the 2nd JT forced fumble, the Ref was going to try and call it for NO and then changed his mind when a bunch of Phins started questioning him?

looked that way to me.

Posted by: KC FinFan ()
Date: October 25, 2009 05:32PM

Yea, I saw how one of the fins were running around with the ball, and the Refs were still looking in the pile. To see if they magically come up with another ball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.