HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sit Ginn and Wilson
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sit Ginn and Wilson
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:16PM

I have been of the "Ginn has potential" school of thought, and after his catch last week, I thought he was on his way. He's not. Last week's catch was perfectly delivered by Henne. This week. Ginn proved that if he needs to make a catch with his hands, he can't do it. If we need a reception to keep an important drive going, he can't do that, either. Worse, he will not fight for the ball. Start Hartline -or ANYBODY else!- in his place. Hartline may not be as fast as Ginn is, but he will catch the ball, he doesn't give up on the ball.
The Trifecta brought Gibril Wilson in here because he has -or had- a reputation as a solid tackler. I don't know where that came from, but I haven't seen it. I could hardly believe that "tackle" on Shockey, but I hope he's embarrassed. He should be.
I thought we had them. Damn.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sit Ginn and Wilson
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:19PM

The pick 6 first went through his hands and then the long one at the end.......I thought Roberto Duran was the man with the hands of stone?!!

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:21PM

They are who we thought they were...the best team in the NFC, a we let'm off the hook.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 25, 2009 03:29PM

NO WE DID NOT LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!! TED GINN LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:04PM

This may be difficult for you to do, as it was for me, but- try to be objective: several weeks ago, I suggested that Ginn wasn't a no. 1 receiver, but would make an "excellent" no.2. Someone asked me what I had seen to make me believe that. After reviewing some tape on Ginn, I have to acknowledge that he has a point. After today's game, I now think that that belief is not valid. Lots of people that I know have been down on Ginn for some time, and I got my back up at some of the vicious posts I have read on this site. However, I find I just can't justify my former position on Ginn any longer. He doesn't catch the ball in his hands well, and he will not fight for the catch. And, he really does what Franco Harris was accused of doing some years ago- he runs out of bounds too easily. Let's use him where he showed some talent in college-as a kick returner. H would have had 4 returns for a TD in his rookie year if two hadn't been called back for holding-not his fault. Somebody that can't catch a football in his hands is not a pro receiver.

Rick

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 25, 2009 04:09PM

A&O, there are still a few topics where you haven't posted your sarcastic Ted Ginn post. Give the board another look. I can list a few of them for you, if you want.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 26, 2009 09:48AM

Date: October 26, 2009 11:44AM

Hey Futt, I was following a specific poster who on every post was saying stuff like "GINN LOST US THIS GAME!".

So I was being sarcastic towards him.

---------------------

Posted by: fahcue2 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:46PM

Ginn lost us this game and the colts game! IMO

Honestly, he just doesn't deserve to be a #1 receiver. Those of you making retarded remarks arguing about how he should be starting and justifying it by saying that he isn't solely responsible for the loss are on another planet.

Clearly anyone that isn't doing their job and retrospectively hurting your team should not be playing. There is more than one player on this team currently doing that and starting.. off the top of my head

1. Ginn
2. Wilson
3. Fasano

All of which should not see the field unless someone else is injured. That's just simple coaching.

Date: October 26, 2009 01:30PM

Dude, you obviously have slim football knowledge if you actually think Ted Ginn has lost us any game. If a team scores more points than us you cant blame that Ted Ginn.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 04:28PM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 01:52PM

My thoughts on Ginn are that he has the speed and the hands he is just afraid of getting hit. Now I cannot recall him taking any big hits since becomming a Phin so I assume this is someting that followed him from his days at OSU.Can anyone provide details to his college days?Now When playing HS football our team had a x reciever that had great hands but after taking a big hit dropped alot of passes due to that fear. Our coach made our LB's and SS form a circle and put the X reciever in the middle and kept throwing him the ball he took quite a few hits none devastating bc we were brothers but it did help him overcome that fear of getting hit. maybe Sparano needs to do this with Ginn what do you think?

Date: October 26, 2009 02:41PM

Dude, you obviously have ZERO football knowledge to continually defend Ginn and deny the fact that his mistakes have heavily contributed to our losses ALONG WITH OTHERS ON THE TEAM THAT SHOULDN'T BE STARTING! Every team plays to their strengths. Not one team is strong in every area. He, and his mistakes, forces our defenses into situations that we can avoid with moving the sticks and scoring points. Now, if Miami never threw any passes to him so he couldn't drop anything, then, maybe a different story.

He should be sat at a minimum and most likely cut at the end of season.

End of story. He doesn't deserve to be playing in the NFL.

Date: October 26, 2009 03:30PM

Date: October 26, 2009 03:30PM

Wow I guess I have 0 football knowledge by making an analysis on Ginn saying he seems to be gunshy of getting hit. I was in no way saying he is a legit #1 I was just saying he does have hands and speed he is just afraid of taking a hit from his blind side. It seemd that if Ginn is catching over his shoulder he is fine but if he has his back to a defender he tends to turn upfield before securing the ball because he is afraid a safty or corner my level him. He is paid the big buck to take those hits andif he cannot man up he needs to move aside. I love my phins always have and always will I do not post often in here but I read these threads everyday. Fahcue2 if your thred was directed at me I really do not appreciate your negativity or shots at my football knowledge. We all have our opinions and we should respect one another and post logical rebuttals to a thread rather than attach the person who posted it.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 03:36PM

Ginn was a part of this debacle but it went way beyond him.....Bess fumbled before half, D that couldn't stop a pee wee team in the second half, Sporano calling a TO before half.....lots of blame to go around!

Date: October 26, 2009 03:36PM

I wasnt talking to you 1976. thumbs up

---------------------

Date: October 26, 2009 03:53PM

I can read... apparently you can't. Not once, ever, have I blamed Ginn alone in losses. Just stating how he contributes... but in your homoerotic fan crush for him, you continue to defend him.

Now keep insulting me about Zero knowledge and inability to read and we can find another way to fix this offine.

Test it out!

Date: October 26, 2009 03:53PM

Aqua I wasnt referring to you either I thought that Fahcue2 was attacking me but I guess that was directed at you. I still feel that saying someone has 0 football knowledge is a personal attack on whoever it was intended for and since we are all fans we all wantthe same thing our team to do well. I personally believe that we did not play NO correctly we all said the way we win this game is to play it like we played the Colts and we did not we should of come out of the half running the ball up the middle not outside and out of bound we needed to run the clock down and we did not do that. As a result we put the pressure on a young QB to win the game for us against an elite QB this is notthe formula for success in my opinion. Part of this loss falls on our Recievers Ginn, Bess, Fasano they all had droped balls. Camarillo should of just went down and letthe clock run rather than get the penalty for throwing the ball OB. But I say most of this falls on Henning for bad play calling after half!! I think he is a great OC but he just called a bad game yesterday.

Date: October 26, 2009 03:59PM

Date: October 26, 2009 04:54PM

yea can you put some warnings on me??? That'd be great. It'd would stop me from posting here.

Get a clue.

You're boy said I had ZERO knowledge of sports and said I didn't know how to read...

so who is insulting???

I replied with insults. So... you wanna play onsided like the refs or you wanna do the same equally??

Either way, I don't care.

Date: October 26, 2009 09:05PM

Fahcue I have no ties to Aqua I just feel that your personal atacks are unfit for this forum.First making the homoerotic comment then following by an immature threat of fixing things offline are not appropriate. Initially I thought you were atacking me saying I had zero football knowlege but I see that this attack was directed at Aqua. I Love football and I love the dolphins Ginn is with us the rest of the season andI predict he will have 2 big games over the next 2 weeks then everyone on here will no longer be saying get rid of ginn but praising him for helping us beat the jets and the patriots.My only suggestion is to respectfully agree to disagree and not take anything personal or make personal attacks. The reason I asked for a warning is due to the comment " we can find another way to fix this offline seemed to me as a threat and you never distinguished as to who you were directing these comments to this is why I interpeted your post after mine as an attack on me.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:24AM

The comment about taking it offline was juvenile and inappropriate. But if I read this thread right, A&O started it by accusing another poster of having slim football knowledge just by stating his opinion. There are plenty of other boards to do that on, and I'll help you out by adding more cliches: "Do you know more than the coaches?" "Have you ever played football?" "Have you ever taught football?" Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yeah, you're all experts.

I have no problem with someone saying Ginn lost us the game. Although I realize it was a team loss, a complete team slowdown in the 2nd half. However there are key first downs you need in games, and your number one receiver is either catching them or not. When he doesn't, it's hard to win. Same with Fasano. You expect your tight end to catch the ball to move the chains. I can't even count how many consecutive 3 and outs our offense had during one stretch, with each possession coming up empty. I'm sorry, you don't beat an undefeated team like that.

I'm for sitting Ginn. But I do also know he's an up and down player, and if he plays, he'll probably have a couple good games as someone said. That doesn't change my mind that he's a big fat bust. He's a bust, period.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.