HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Where would we be?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Where would we be?
Date: October 21, 2009 01:49PM

Guys I was just thinking were would we be at with a few additions on defense and a true #1 wr?

Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where would we be?
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 21, 2009 02:37PM

We would probably be.......uh.......

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 21, 2009 02:40PM

i think personally uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh a super bowl!!

Date: October 21, 2009 05:09PM

come on guys any thoughts????? confused smiley

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 21, 2009 05:40PM

Here is the thing,

We still don't really know what we have in Henne. The BIlls got some great plays out of Trent Edwards and then he got a concussion and turned into a checkdown master. Vince Young had some great games and then imploded.

Henne had a great throw to Ginn, and made some key throws to move the chains and to score.

Is he going to be able to keep it up? Does he have more?

Ginn has always had speed. he has always gotten open deep; but, the QB's have not done what Henne did. What if Ginn scores another deep TD on a bomb? Will that not change the coverage? They would have to committ to someone playing him deep over the top. That opens up things for Hartline, Bess, Camarillo, etc. Can Henne hit those? If so...we are ok at WR.

On D? we need an ILB and a Safety.

With those 2 additions we win the Indy game. Maybe we beat the Chargers? Maybe we are 4-1?

OUr pass rush isn't quite there yet. Some improvement at Safety and LB could improve that. BUt my fear is that just when we get those two new pieces ready to go....Porter and Taylor will be gone, as will our depth at OLB.

Date: October 21, 2009 05:46PM

What if's, man. If this, if that. WHat if we would have had Dan Marino adn Barry Sanders with Rod Woodson and if, if, if.

The truth is...we dont have those positions and hopefully our leaders address that in the offseason so we can be superbowel competitiors.

---------------------

Date: October 22, 2009 07:29AM

ok??? it was just a thought Aqua

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:03AM

additions on D? and a WR?

D- needs? Like JULIUS PEPPERS instead of JT?

WR-So HAKEEM NICKS instad of VONTE?

We'd be in the same place, except our QB of the future would still be collecting dust on the bench. We are making a run NOW. Not the time to be CONTEMPLATING THE IFs.

lets BEAT the SAINTS.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:30AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We would probably be.......uh.......

LMAO.

PS. With our luck we would have dan marino, barry sanders, ronnie lott, bruth smith, ray lewis etc and they would all be injured and out for the year.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:34AM

chadpennington4ever Wrote:
> come on guys any thoughts????? confused smiley

Lets wait until henne develops into a great QB and then we will know where we are.smileys with beer

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:39AM

Okay, I'll humor your question ...

We'd be better just like any other team in the league would be ... better! Way better.

1. Add a kick A$$ WR that can get open, it makes Henne better and converts 3rd downs (even more ... we're actually quite good, but this would include the red zone scores.

2. Add some DB (mainly safety) and LB who can cover ... and we have a defense that can actually stop the pass.

- A dependablle defense and we could play with anyone.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 22, 2009 04:06PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 23, 2009 02:15AM

MikeO Wrote:
> If we would have KEPT....Renaldo Hill, Andre
> Goodman, and Vonnie Holliday for another year. I
> think right now we would have a stellar defense.
> defense.

We'd also be paying a LOT of money for some old players, and I doubt we'd be much better. I don't think the loss of Holliday or Goodman has really hurt us. We're very good at DE and CB. Hill was better at communication at FS than Wilson, but he wasn't that great otherwise. It's not like our secondary shut other teams down last year.

Date: October 23, 2009 08:56AM

I agree Monte. I dont think we would be much better. Maybe with Holliday. But neither of the DB's are any better than who we already have. For developmental purposes, I'd rather have Smith and Davis playing anyways.

---------------------

Date: October 23, 2009 11:26AM

Renaldo Hill is better than any saftey on our team

And it isn't like Goodman and Hill got paid big bucks

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 23, 2009 12:14PM

Date: October 24, 2009 02:16AM

Hill is the biggest loss of the 3. Our saftey play is horrible. Gabril Wilson is beyond horrible at this point. It will be interesting to see how long Miami keeps going with Wilson as a starter.

And Will Allen has been the biggest dissapointment of our CB's actually. He has had an awful year and thank god its his last year with the Fins. Will Allen has been an uttter disaster.

Wanna make the case to drop Goodman and to get younger at CB (which we did).....I can totally buy that. BUT...Hill we should have kept, thats obvious. And I wouldn't have been too quick to let Holliday go. Could have given him a 1 year deal at a decent price we were under the cap. Behind Starks, Merling, and Langford we have no depth and could have used him for another year

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: October 24, 2009 04:27AM

We'd be a lot better team with a WR. Just wait next year and you'll see what a difference it makes.

Date: October 24, 2009 06:47AM

im not so sure our front office will go after a big WR in the offseason. Listening to WQAM and reading reports our front office is very high on our young WR's (Bess, Turner, Hartline).

I don't know if we draft one early or spend money on one in free agency. I mean we didn't last year, so why would we this year???

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 24, 2009 07:40AM

Date: October 24, 2009 10:42AM

Edwards will stay in NY, they didn't give up those picks to let him walk after 1 year. OchoCinco and Marshall will NEVER play for a Parcells team.

Antonio Bryan and Miles Austin........aren't anything special.

I would BREAK THE BANK for Vincent Jackson. That guy is a stud WR who makes big plays. With Henne's big arm he could be a huge asset

Date: October 24, 2009 12:19PM

ya vincent is a big wr that can catch the jump ball

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 24, 2009 05:57PM

agreed. V Jackson (size), Ginn (speed), Bess (quickness/hands) would be a great group, with Hartline and Turner developing. Gotta love the O now that Henne is under center. im all for adding ONE star wideout this offseason, and im not about to commit a high pick in the draft seeing how Ginn turned out (3 yrs after the fact, we're still waiting for his breakout year...)

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: October 25, 2009 04:23AM

drafting WR's is tough.Unless its a Calvin Johnson "can't miss" type....usually it takes years for these guys to devolpe.

I mean Braylon Edwards was picked 3rd overall...he wasn't worth that. Keysawn was #1 overall, not worth that. Irving Fryer #1 overall, not worth that. Derius Heyward Bey, its early for him but I can make a safe guess taking him 7th overall wasnt worth it.

There are a few guys like a Fitz, Megatron, Moss who you take in Rd 1 cause their skills are so far and above any other WR's. But is Dez White that guy this year?? Probably not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.