HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ted Ginn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ted Ginn
Posted by: rick1355 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 09:09PM

Ted Ginn should be the kick off and punt returner every time .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ted Ginn
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 13, 2009 04:06AM

Ted Gin can go long and just beat everyone down field and with Henne's arm just lob it to him. With the running game and now a deep pass threat I think we have a developing offense.....finally!!

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 13, 2009 04:14AM

It seems three very basic factors were involved in that play.

1) Henne through an accurate rocket. While he overthrew some passes last night, if his accuracy improves...
2) The OL protected Henne well despite Ryan's blitz happy d. If the OL can keep this up and based on the fact that most teams don't/can't bring the heat in the same way as the Jests...
3) Ginn had confidence in himself, used his god-given speed and focused on the catch. Ginn has had streaks where he has caught things thrown his way pretty well. He also used the time he had and his speed to split his defenders including Revis who is one of the best. If he can keep his confidence against most other teams that don't have a revis...

1+2+3= a lot more TDs of this kind I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 04:15AM by Aria.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 13, 2009 04:21AM

Was a beautiful pass to watch.

I however was even more impressed with two other throws that henne made to geg camarillo in the final drive.

Fiest was a pass to the flat on 3rd down to the left side of the field, lot of pressure, he turned and thew it the only place it could have been caught, just over cam's left shoulder.

Second one again on third, last 1st down to Cam at the three yard line. Perfect bullet, with pressure and great timing.

The kid made reads when the heat came and executed. Credit to him and the coaching staff for preparing him well for a tough defene.

Ryan was absolutely livid, and embarassed. What a day after to listen to the press coverage.

My favorite was watching Mike Greenberg (big jets fan). Nothing they can say but, the FINS brought it!

Great win ... puts them back in it too!

Posted by: Aria ()
Date: October 13, 2009 04:30AM

Absolutely. those final two passes to Camarillo were gorgeous. I think Camarillo also was spectacular on those plays too. Henne threw the ball to the only place it could have been caught on the first play BUT that was not an easy catch and showed tremendous focus on GC's part.

Still, if Ginn and henne can connect like that against the Jets, with a top CB and a pressure pass rush, it indicates that they have the potential to do so in most games. I am not saying they definitely will but let's just say that if someone has a spot at WR on their fantasy team Ginn may not be as dumb a pickup as he would have seemed earlier in the season at least in reserve.

Date: October 13, 2009 05:02AM

Right on on both point Aria!

- Camarillo was brilliant!

- Henne / Ginn long ball is a worry, but henne and the other 9 receivers, gives opposing defenses a lot of other things to think about too.

- Highest passer rating against the jets all year

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 13, 2009 05:17AM

Yup. now that they've done it....and against an over/under double team....teams will have to game plan against it.

Maybe that's what opened things up underneath for Camarillo?

Date: October 13, 2009 06:40AM

> Maybe that's what opened things up underneath for Camarillo?

Perhaps. The two passes i was refering to however were impossible to defend.

In both cases the jets defense were where they should have been.

Henne delivered the ball dead on the money. if he keep s that accuracy up he's the passing game is going to take off.

Cudos to the OL too, but henne threw these passes with some decent pressure too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.