HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          No Excuses Tonight Against Jets
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
No Excuses Tonight Against Jets
Posted by: Hokie Phin ()
Date: October 12, 2009 10:07AM

Tonights game against the Jets is a game the Phins should win and there should be no excuses for not winning it. This is not the time to use the excuse that this is only Chad Henne's second career start. That doesn't fly when he is matched up against Mark Sanchez, who is making only his fifth career start on the road on a Monday night. Sanchez will be without his top two receivers Cotchery and Stucki. He has no game experience with new WR Braylon Edwards. Also, in considering college experience, Henne has nearly triple the starts of Mark Sanchez.

The Dolphins are defending division champions, playing in front of their home crowd, in year two of the Parcells era. Once again, this is only the fifth game for the Jets in Rex Ryan's system.

I hope that Henne plays great tonight, I'm just hesitant to believe that he will. I have never been sold on Chad Henne and hopefully I will be proved wrong. For those on this board who worship the ground that Parcells walks on, tonight will go a long way in determining whether or not his decision to pass on Matt Ryan in favor of Henne was a smart move. Henne has had a full year to be mentored by Parcells and Pennington. Now it's time to step up. He can either play or he can't. It's not neccessary to make excuses and blindly believe that Henne is the savior the same way many of you hailed John Beck as the future, mainly because of a few youtube clips you saw of him at BYU.

You either belong as an NFL QB or you don't. John Beck proved that he's nothing more than a journeyman backup. Matt Ryan proved last year from his very first start that he had not only the physical tools but also the intangibles to be a very good QB in this league. Ryan led the Falcons to a remarkable turn around last season. Tonight is Chad Henne's time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Excuses Tonight Against Jets
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 12, 2009 12:07PM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 12, 2009 12:24PM

I agree man, hokie, you make it sound like we are playing against the raiders. The truth is the jets under rex WILL stop the wild cat and the game I expect will be either one of field position (best case senerio) or the game will be on the shoulders of a guy with only 3 NFL starts under his belt (worst case senerio). The jets everyone will agree is one of the top 5 and arguably top 3 defenses in the league, so you are making no sense by basically saying this is a gimme game.

As a fish fan I do believe that we have matchups and momentum to win an ugly one provided we can get to sanchez and our secondary plays well...

Date: October 12, 2009 12:30PM

Date: October 12, 2009 04:06PM

Yeah the Jets defense stopped the wildcat on that first possession. Phinfan 2, I don't care if the Phins are an underdog at home or not. The Dolphins won the division last year. Quit finding excuses to lose and start expecting to win.

Date: October 12, 2009 05:08PM

Date: October 12, 2009 05:35PM

I know it's difficult for you to come to terms with Phinsfan2, but being a moderator of a fan website does not mean you know everything. Do you have some kind of certification to moderate phins.com?

Don't tell me I need to do a better job of managing.

Date: October 12, 2009 06:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.