HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          A sneaky suspicion.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
A sneaky suspicion.
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:53AM

I suspect that this will be the game where the Dolphins pull out some trickery with wildcat. In particular, I think we see some special plays invovling Pat White.

The reason I think this might be the case is because of the coach we are playing against. Last year, as coach of the Ravens, that jackass loaded the box and essentially run blitzed us. By doing this, the Ravens were the only team to effectively stop the Wildcat. Doing this makes them very suseptible to the deep pass. I think that part of the reason we drafted White was for precisely this reason.

Considering it is a Monday Night Football stage, it is the perfect time to unveil "WildPat".

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A sneaky suspicion.
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:56AM

I'm not sure it will be just a pat white package but we'll need to beat the the run blitz in general.

I thought we should have had more quick slants also.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 05, 2009 12:02PM

Twilley, I think your on to something, friend!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 05, 2009 01:35PM

YAAAAA time for pat 2 shine!

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 01:48PM

I think you really are on to something. Pat White did get a couple snaps near the end of the last game. Maybe Sparano wants him to get in a more comfortable place to handle something like that. I feel as if we could handle the Jets assuming we play defense like we did against the bills. Sanchez can clearly make mistakes and we gotta expose him. Rex Ryan thinks he has this one in the bag because he figured out the wild cat last season. Little does he know what our offensive minds are capable of. Watch out pat white goes long for a 80 yd TD!!! GO PHINS

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:02PM

Are you kiddin....NO MORE PAT WHITE THIS SEASON PLEASE> NOT AS LONG AS HENNE IS PLAYING WELL....

Wildkat the jets with ronnie and ricky. Nobody has been able to stop that since the second game of the season. Why mess with it. Why waste- 2 or 3 plays with pat white.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 05, 2009 03:54PM

Pat has not played poorly at all. he has barely played at all.

I agree with Twilley and Phinjim; at some point they have stuff ready to roll with Pat White.

Who better to unleash the spread formation on than a blitzing aggressive divisional rival?

The coaching staff inserted him here and there, not to make a play, but to get a read on how teams would react and adjust to him. Those were snapshots for film study. Recon missions. Sparano wasn't hoping for a big play...he was preparing for the real play.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 05, 2009 05:05PM

I think you may be right. Rex Ryan shut down our wildcat twice last year, if we line up with Ronnie and try the same ole stuff, we will get STUFFED at the line. If we have a wrinkle, we better use it or its gonna be a long night next Monday night

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 07:55PM

"Who better to unleash the spread formation on than a blitzing aggressive divisional rival?"

Thigpen

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 06, 2009 06:28AM

I say, give Rex Ryan something he didn't see last year:

1. Heavy running of Ronnie and Ricky from the standard set (not the WC)
2. Heavy doses of Henne passes.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 06, 2009 07:27AM

If you want the formula for beating REX Ryan's defense, replay the NE / BAL game.

- In a couple of words ... it was Wes welker.
- Possession passes, quick slants

IMHO - Thus I expect Sparano will have a passing package featuring Bess, Ronnie Brown and Fasano and the meat and potatoes.

Add the spice with WC passing options and a few long downfield off a rollout.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 06, 2009 07:36AM

Henne should be in the shotgun most of the day (ala how Tom Brady is) and throw quick passes, which saves precious seconds from the blitzin defense.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 06, 2009 12:25PM

Ranger hit it right on the head, Thigpen! Pretty decent legs and a way bigger threat to toss out of this formation

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.