HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thoughts on Henne?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thoughts on Henne?
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 03:57PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on Henne?
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:02PM

I think he did a great job. He played the game well and with two stud running backs, he should know that he doesn't have to win the game, just manage it. We will see after a couple of more weeks how he is progressing, but I was impressed and I was happy to see us do good!

Date: October 04, 2009 04:08PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:22PM

Henne came out shaky but improved quickly.

IN the 2nd half he was throwing sooner, and with accuracy. His long ball isn't there yet...he needs to settle down and drop it in there a bit more.

He makes good reads and good decisions.

I am happy with him for now. let's see how he adjusts once teams start getting a book on him.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:27PM

He played a good game...not great but good...he made too many off target throws to suit me and locked onto a few receivers but he did show poise and managed the game effectively without making big mistakes. Thats all I could have asked of him in his first or even his twentieth start.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:36PM

For his first start he was great. No turnovers!! Biggest thing in my opinon.

He didn't do anything to lose us the game

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:37PM

Fairly impressive for a first start. I reserve judgement for now, but I can already see that I like him more than any other quarterback since Marino aside from Pennington. Of course that isn't saying much.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:43PM

My opinion didn't change. I had faith in him from the beginning. He was really clicking by the 2nd half.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: October 04, 2009 05:50PM

He moved the chains and scored when he got to the redzone. That is all I care about.

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 05:52PM

He did good for his first start. He didn't make any stupid mistakes, he did a good job at going to the safety valve when a longer pass wasn't there. He made some good plays with his legs and showed good poise.

Not bad considering the OL did him no favors with 6 sacks!!

I think he will improve as he gets more playing time and better players around him. He looked like a totally different guy in the second half.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 05:53PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> But did did you change your view of him as the QB
> of the future?

Not after one game. Ask me in December

welcome henne
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: October 04, 2009 05:53PM

okay, im not ready to annoint him a savior or anything but i think he did extremely well except for the long balls. He needs to get better with that buy hey whos to say it wasnt the wr fault either? havent had a chance to actually run for a ball till tonight lol.I think the team really rallied behind him and finally broke their asses for a change. was it all for henne?? or is this team finally realizing there better than they showed? i am not sure of either answer but for now, i am pleased with henne and hope he gets better. And damn does ricky look good or what??? will we ever see a pass out of the wildcat?? hmmmmmmmmm

Re: welcome henne
Date: October 04, 2009 06:03PM

Henne is the most promising QB we've had since Dan left; aside from Ray Lucas's pre-implosion 1st quarter;-)

As much as I think Ronnie Brown is a beast! and a Great RB. I think Ricky is a little better. Maybe not on every down, but he is so quick, and explosive.

As for passing out of the Wildcat?

I think they are saving Pat White for the Jets or Pats. They haven't shown anything new out of the Wilcat...not significantly anyway. And when Pat is in...aside from 1 deep shot...they have run him in a conservative play.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:05PM

White has had ZERO chance to show what he can do, but I don't think we're saving him anymore. Unless Thigpen is fully up-to-speed by the time we play the Jets and Pats, I don't think we're going to take many chances with White. He's our #2, and he's not very big. We don't need him injured too!

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 05, 2009 03:43AM

i think the FO will treat White much the same as Henne last season. He will be used sparingly, in the final minutes of a blow out (going either way) and that next season, with another TC and off season program, we'll see White run the Wild Cat with the added dimension of passing.. and hopefully we'll have a true #1 marquee receiver to throw to.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 05, 2009 04:11AM

> think they are saving Pat White for the Jets or Pats. They haven't shown anything new out of the Wilcat...not significantly anyway. And when Pat is in...aside from 1 deep shot...they have run him in a conservative play.

I agree. mentioned in another post, but you have to believe that investing a second rounder on white they have something up their sleeve.

- I'll throw in another wrinkle though. I don't think the new game plan (wilcat passing options, necessarily depends on white to effectively execute it). Henne has a bestter long ball & we could see that exercised, as I haven't seen it this season yet.

- Wouldn't bet against ronnie throwing it back to henne for the long ball against the jets.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 05, 2009 04:50AM

Henne was a mixed bag, but he was good on third down. Let's hope he can keep that up against the much better CBs of the Jets.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 05:43AM

Henne is the 13th QB to start since Marino retired breaking the Curse (if there was one) and Marino started in Oct for his first rookie game as did Henne. This might be the guy.

Date: October 05, 2009 05:49AM

works for me!

Date: October 05, 2009 06:35AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 05, 2009 10:29AM

The only question i have for next mondays game against the jets is....................Can henne overcome the jets continues blitzing.

You know they are going to bring the house. The have done it against everybody else and have been successfull too.

I think drew brees threw for only 190 yards overall if i remember correctly when i saw the stats yesterday.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 06, 2009 06:58AM

Not after one game. Ask me in December

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.