HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I'm still scratching my head over the Thigpen signing
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I'm still scratching my head over the Thigpen signing
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 02, 2009 09:42AM

Jim,

I agree Mike has a right to his opinion. I did not say he should not give an opinion. Some people in the world think its hot in Antarctica, guess what? Its their opinion. Their wrong, but its their opinion.

Jim,

There is nothing to keep private between Mike and myself because we have no issue with each other. I like Mike. I just think his opinion stinks on this topic.

I am not ridiculing him, poking fun at him or anything close to that. His opinion is just really funny on this topic.

Thats the problem with words on a screen, you can not actually see emotion and facial expression.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 02, 2009 09:48AM

Okay, just feedback as to how it reads.

Let's hope sam is on the mark with 5 TDs for Henne.

I truly think the offense will perform this week. My questin marks are on whether the defense will have the pressure and coverage to get it done.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 02, 2009 01:43PM

all I can say is 18 tds and 12 ints--when was the last time after marino (other than pennington) did we have a QB with that many more TDs than INTs? Or the last time a 1st year QB for any team did?
I don't know why KC kept Croyle over him---Thigpen showed some serious promise considering how green he is.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: October 02, 2009 02:24PM

I didn't feel like reading all these posts, but in the several that I did, one key factor had been overlooked. Thigpen is already very familiar with our offense. Haley and Henning run a virtually identical offense. In fact, I read somewhere that Thigpen claimed to already know 70% of the offense. In addition, he also had experience running a spread.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 02, 2009 04:44PM

wow, guys, I am surprised no-one said the obvious.

We traded for Thigpen because we needed a #3 QB as an emergency QB with some upside.....AND....wait for it.....

Bill Parcells is Scott Pioli's Father-in-law, so Bill made a quick but fair trade with someone he could cut to the chase with.

KC had 4 QB's. They kept a 4th because the bottom 2 were too good to cut, but not good enough to be #2.

They just got a draft pick for one of them.

Thigpen has enough upside to be worth the pick. But Henne is the guy they have been grooming to be the starter.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 02, 2009 05:20PM

Date: October 02, 2009 06:24PM

What? Calm down Mike, I am trying to have a "civikized" one on one debate. but if your going to act like a roid head then Im through on this topic. I was trying to kick start a good discussion, but I guess you realized you got OWNED and now are acting crazy. On to a different topic......

---------------------

Date: October 02, 2009 06:54PM

I'm acting like a roid head? I posted an opinon and you went off with the name calling and childish actions. Even the MOD stepped in and told you so.

And now you have resorted to pointing out TYPOS!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Way to be mature. MiamiThunder was banned and you stepped up and filled his role nicely.

I got owned, lol, you jest!!! Yeah we pick up a scrub QB and you guys think he is the 2nd coming. This guy is somewhere between Cade McNown and John Beck and your all excited we got him.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2009 08:05PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 03, 2009 04:23AM

MIKEO Wrote: This guy is somewhere between Cade McNown and John Beck and your all excited we got him.

Of course we are excited we got him. We are dolphin fans. Until he shows he is a bust we are going to be excited about him....

He really spanked us when we played kansas city last year. If he can play like that i see no reason why he can't start in this league.

He might become a bust but until then i will support him as long as he is a member of this team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 04:23AM by samsam3738.

Date: October 03, 2009 04:33AM

There is nothing to get excited about, the guy can't play.

And Thigpen lighting up our defense, since about Week 14 or 15 last year EVERY team has lite up our defense. KC, Baltimore, Atlanta, Indy, SD...they all have. Our defense wasn't good last year, we padded our turnover stats vs bad teams like St.Louis, Seattle, Oakland, SF, Buffalo..etc.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 03, 2009 07:36AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MIKEO Wrote: This guy is somewhere between Cade
> McNown and John Beck and your all excited we got
> him.
>
I can't exactly figure that one out. If you rank those 2 QB's, who's first and who's 2nd?

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 03, 2009 09:04AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Cut the BS ... Mike has a right to his opinion
>
>
> I agree 100 Percent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>
> But i also agree its not the END OF THE STORY and
> by far.....
>
> Nobody knows how well or terrible henne is going
> to play and the same goes for thigpen when he
> learns the playbook.
>
> They are both in their mid 20's.
>
> Every player deserves the benefit of the doubt.
>
> Maybe we will end this discussion when henne thows
> 5 td passes on sunday.

Well, this makes sense to me. Thigpen is a known commodity to some extent. He is young and has shown skills last season. If anyone watched him beyond the Miami game, that could be seen.
As far as why he was brought in, who cares? He is here. The rest is pure speculation anyway. I see him competing at sometime later this season if Henne fails, or next season from the start. That is a good thing.
We are still in a good situation with our QBs, at least till we all see what happens with Henne. I think he will do well, but it might take a little time. We still have a good running game and that should still be focused on. That should open thing up for Henne as well.
I'm optimistic about the game tomorrow.
Phins 30 Bills 17.
Go Phinssmiling bouncing smiley

Date: October 03, 2009 12:17PM

Mike, I never said Thygpen was more than a backup....I never said he was the second coming. But what I did say was that he was not brought here to be a "warm body".

Also Mike, dont go picking fights with me. I have been here alot longer than you have. And I have waaaaay more friends on here than you do. You start bashing my name and you will end up on the black list.....thats all im going to say.

---------------------

Date: October 03, 2009 02:57PM

lol......now I'm getting "mafia style" threats!!! lol lol ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Like I said, INTERNET BULLY trying to fill a void in his REAL life!!!

ha ha ha

Oh and P.S.......you picked the fight with your "childish and immature" response in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 02:59PM by MikeO.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: October 03, 2009 04:31PM

Fact is this team is 0-3 ... the chances of making the playoffs in a division with the 3-0 Jets and the still-dangerous Patriots was likely nil.

Its time to let the young guys play. so, bringing in a Jeff Garcia doesn't make sense. Why have him sit on the bench? A veteran presence? To help teach the young guys? Well, we already have that... Pennington will be there on the sidelines with his baseball cap on and my guess is from everything we have heard about him, he will be helping the young guys along.

Now, if something happens to Henne we have another young QB with potential to throw in there and hope something good comes out of it.

Date: October 03, 2009 04:35PM

I agree Grooves, let the young guys learn. They are the future of our team. Hopefully we stay competitive and if we do, that would be a good sign.

---------------------

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 03, 2009 08:36PM

grooves12 Wrote:
> Fact is this team is 0-3 ... the chances of making
> the playoffs in a division with the 3-0 Jets and
> the still-dangerous Patriots was likely nil.
>

RESPONSE: Don't give up so soon. We have yet to start divisional play.

(I can post this until tomorrow).

But why listen to me? My college teams are the Boilermakers and the Bears.

Posted by: bigtimbo ()
Date: October 03, 2009 08:45PM

I feel they brought in Thigpen in case Henne goes down. They now have a qb who knows the offense,and can continue forward.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 06:40AM

I agree that the reason we went after Thigpen was becasue of the relationship between Parcells and Pioli not Thigpens long term ability. Losing Pennington, we were in a tough spot, filling that third spot. What happens if Henne gets hurt this week, is White really ready to start. Garcia, was not the chemistry this team wanted obviously becasue they always prefer young to old when building or finding replacments for this team.. There have been inside stuff been going on between Pioli and Parcells already.. Like us trading Adelman and Nudukwe to the chiefs before roster trim, etc. Parcells does Pioli a favor, when he was in need and Pioli does Parcells a favor when other teams were only looking to take advantage of our situation.. This works with family and that is about it in the NFL.. Thigpen is a warm body, but most likely warm enough to start if Henne gets hurt..

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 07:57AM

Man Mike you are a cry baby......Settle down dude your all over the map

Date: October 04, 2009 08:30AM

IM all over the map!!!!!!!!!! Go back and re-read the thread from the start. I just wanna talk football, I didn't start with the "childish" namecalling and pot shots at other posters!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 04, 2009 08:36AM

The bold letters the red letters the extra exclamation marks does that help drive the post home? All I am saying buddy is that it's not that serious. The game hasn't even started yet.

Date: October 04, 2009 08:42AM

well I don't throw pot shots and start with name calling. Unlike others around here.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:21PM

MikeO Wrote:
> well I don't throw pot shots and start with name
> calling. Unlike others around here.

Yeah and you don't let it go either...just as bad IMHO. Anyway, Thigpen was IMHO brought in to compete for the starting job because he does have talent despite what some on here think. I watched him play quite a bit last year and he can play...he may not beat out Henne for the starting job but he will push him and be great motivation for White in his quest to get better.

It only makes our long term situation better.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2009 04:51PM

After today, I think Henne's going to be our starter for the rest of the season....barring injury, of course.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:04PM

Anybody heard anything new with regard to Thigpen? I haven't

Wonder if he's being considered for the Jets game or 3rd down the list ?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.