HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins work out Torain?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins work out Torain?
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 30, 2009 11:10AM

Why would we work out Torain with Cobbs & Hilliard? Could Ricky or Ronnie be moved for a #1 WR? Thigpen in wildcat plans.

Sep 29, 2009 08:14 PM CDT
Miami tries out Torain
The News
ESPN.com reports that the Dolphins tried out running back Ryan Torain on Tuesday.
Our View
The Dolphins are set at running back with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams and both appear to be healthy, so the move raises eyebrows. Torain may be added to the practice squad though as depth down the road in case someone does get banged up.

Sep 29, 2009 11:21 PM CDT
Thigpen to be used in Wildcat?
The News
Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald believes the Dolphins will feature newly acquired quarterback Tyler Thigpen in their Wildcat formation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins work out Torain?
Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: October 01, 2009 04:06AM

If it were possible, and even though I do like him, I'd trade Ronnie in a heartbeat! there is a whole lot of cash tied up in him and I believe that Ricky is better.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ronnie, but I like Ricky more. He's stronger, tougher and runs harder. ... And he costs a whole lot less. If it were possible to trade Ronnie for a #1 WR... man, I'd do so fast!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 01, 2009 08:22AM

His bio says he can't stay healthy, both in college and for the broncos.

Possibly a cheap upside, but am as surprised as you unless some trades may be in the works.

I for one love the glut we have at RB, but also acknowledge the hole we have at wr.

- So who would they be likely trade candidates with?

1. Denver - Brandon Marshall?
2. Arizona - Antoine Boldin?

Think these teams and the Miami FO may be more willing to talk now than before?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 01, 2009 08:42AM

Why are we to trade the only thing thats working for this team.

His name is ronnie brown. Ricky is doing outstanding and cobbs is the best 3rd string running back in the nfl.

At least we have a strengh which is the wild cat and running game. Thats about the only thing thats working on this team.

If we get rid of that what else do we have.

Ronnie is healthy and relatively young....I say build this team around him...

I really hope we do not start to trade away in one position in hopes of strenghening another position....

We traded chambers and welker and what did we get in return. Nothing. I can't even remember what we got in return.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: October 01, 2009 09:04AM

Boldin for Ronnie? Hummmmmmmmmm Not bad but I am a little hesitant to get rid of Ronnie he is really our only player worth anything. Everybody else is worth something to us but outside our team nobody would touch them. The entire wildcat is dependant on Ronnie now I think somebody might trade for Ricky. His salary is low and his ability is still high. I wanted Boldin on this team last yr and he wanted to get out of AZ.

Ginn just by being a #1 pick is worth something to somebody but if he continues to play and show his glaring downside his value will only diminish as the season goes on.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 01, 2009 09:08AM

Date: October 01, 2009 09:32AM

I am not a big fan of trading a proven player for an unknown so trading Ronnie for anybody who is not an elite WR (already proven) is crazy. I definately would not trade anybody good (ronnie & ricky thats about it) for draft picks. They are such a gamble.

Remember when McFadden was being drafted............he was the next best thing since wonder bread and he hasn't done sh&*.

Or how about Russell another "super star QB' looks to me like a super dud.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 01, 2009 09:33AM

it would be nice to have Boldin #1 Ginn #2 Bess #3 and R Brown / Cobbs in the back field. All we would need to do is wake up Fasano, and that would be an offense Henne could thrive in.

who/what would we need to trade for that to happen?

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: October 01, 2009 09:58AM

ranger1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember when McFadden was being
> drafted............he was the next best thing
> since wonder bread and he hasn't done sh&*.
>
> Or how about Russell another "super star QB' looks
> to me like a super dud.

Exactly.

The NFL DRAFT = A lottery...........Its not easy to win the lottery is it?

In the history of the NFL there have been far more busts than pro bowlers thats for sure.....

Thats why i say if we can come up with at least 2 pretty good players in every draft we will improve.....And this hasn't been the case with the phin in previous regimes......I mean, JOHN AVERY, EDDY MOORE and ive mention them before because i cannot forget we could of had randy moss and antwan boldin instead.

I will never forget that.

And we passed on drew brees and who did we get instead...Probably another bust...I remember been very upset when we passed on drew brees.

To me the draft is as exact as flippin a coin.....you just never know.

We draft john beck and every announcer is going how good of a pick it was......He did this in college he did that....We as a fans wanna believe them at the beginning but then the goods are reveled and john beck can't play for jack.....Total bust.

Date: October 01, 2009 10:02AM

Sorry i get P!$$ed off everytime i remember the players we could have right now......

I went all over the place with my last post.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 01, 2009 10:17AM

Quote:

"And we passed on drew brees and who did we get instead...Probably another bust...I remember been very upset when we passed on drew brees."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Actually we have passed on Brees twice, the second time might have hurt worse. We chose Culpepper over him......BAD MOVE!!!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 01, 2009 12:06PM

The Brees move.....................AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That one still gives me heartburn.

Date: October 01, 2009 01:47PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote:
>
> "And we passed on drew brees and who did we get
> instead...Probably another bust...I remember been
> very upset when we passed on drew brees."
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Actually we have passed on Brees twice, the second
> time might have hurt worse. We chose Culpepper
> over him......BAD MOVE!!!

OUCH yeah i remember that one.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: October 02, 2009 01:13AM

i believe that was Jamar Fletcher.... another 'solid' pick

no sense in crying over spilled milk

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: October 02, 2009 05:07AM

Ok ... back to the subject of this thread. It has been a couple of days any word on the workout and fins interest?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 03, 2009 03:58AM

Teams work out players all the time. Most of the time nothing comes out of it and it flys under the radar. Just checking what is out there.

I wouldn't read anything into this

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.