HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Once Again for those who...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Once Again for those who...
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:41AM

Could not wait for us to lose last year and hoped and prayed for us to get knocked out of the playoffs welcome to 2009...

I still cannot understand how these fairweathered dolphin fans could hope your own team loses and could not wait for next year well here we are. And I am reading post about needing major changes and calling for sparano to go ARE YOU CRAZY!!! this is the best coaching staff that we have had since don shula, we went 1-15 to 11-5 if that does not speak volumes the I dont know what does.

Let the reppa explain something to you fair weather fans. We got smoked against the falcons, but against the colts we whipped them so convincingly even patton manning was scratching his head on how they won. The entire week of sports center trying to explain how we lost. Against the chargers we had that game under control. Think about this, ronnie brown does not fumble much so if we punch it in we are up 10-3 into the third quarter, we cannot help that our starting qb gets hurt. We DO NOT SUCK!!! if you guys would just watch a dolphin game for a change rather than waking up monday morning and looking at the final score you would know that!!!

One more thing I noticed... Guess who our best defensive player is? dont know it is chad pennington. I did not realize that until yesterday. Dont believe me, when he was in the game we gave up 3 points in 2 and a half quarters, when he goes out they explode for 20 points in a quarter in a half.

Why? when he is in we control the ball for 6-8 minutes per drive, when he is out we go hold the ball for 1 minute and dont move the ball and give up field position. The chargers were getting the ball at the 40 and 50 yard line to start drives.

Henne: I was disappointed in him as well, looked great as a rookie in the preseason and struggled this preseason, I will let him get a full weeks rep with the starters before I throw him to the wolves because drafting a qb in the first round is not the answer when we already have two young ones...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Once Again for those who...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:00PM

I hate that pennington is out. He was great for us last year. We should had won the colts game with him. He threw 3 count them 3 TDs that were dropped. the great receivers in this league make those plays.

With that been said....(and i do hate that he is not going to play at least for a few games) I think its a good thing he is out because we will definetely find out if henne is starting material or not.

If he isn't then we can make plans to draft a qb early in next years draft.

PS. I have a feeling he is going to surprise some people in the league once he gets in sync with the receivers. Or so i hope. He showed some flashes in last years pre season.

I really want to see what he can do with the first stringers once he has had a few practices under his belt.

Lets hope for the best.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:13PM

It's apparant that a playoff this year, is not going to happen, so instead of reinjuring our entire team, just fold em now, and pick up later, they gave up on me the past 3 weeks, so im returning the favor. Henne is not going to be solid, why? Simple no wr's to throw too, who Ginn? lol Good luck Henne. I guarantee everyone, Bradford, McCoy, or Tebow will be a Dolphin in 2010. I'm over it now that my team is a major let down, and im prepared to move on this year. At least the Pats wont go all the way either. smiling smiley

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:39PM

I agree...Pats wont go all the way. Its a Jets and Giants SB mark my words. 2 NY teams battle it out.

I am over the Phins this year too (once again sadly) but gives me more time to spend with my family and friends and doing things that are fun instead of watching these losers keep losing.

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:55PM

the season is not over with only three games under our belt, but the future is definitely one I would say is the brightest. The team needs someone to rally behind and I say with the wildcat coming in a little bit more, maybe Henne can get it done. But you are correct when you say Pennington is our best defensive player. The problem is even a team without their best running back can do what they want with us, I feel like our offense is going to have to put up big numbers to keep up with other teams. Our defense cant stop anything.

Date: September 28, 2009 01:07PM

The season is over stop jesus, seriously stop it.

Date: September 28, 2009 01:09PM

psalm462 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the season is not over with only three games under
> our belt, but the future is definitely one I would
> say is the brightest.

Agreed. From one true dolphin fan to another.

Date: September 28, 2009 01:14PM

"Playoffs, your talking about playoffs? playoffs, jesus i just hope we win a game!" LOL remeber that line from a certain coach lol.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 28, 2009 02:01PM

I keep hearing everybody talk about the Jets. Am I the only person who thinks the Ravens are far and away the best team in the NFL? As for the NFC, it sure looks like the Saints will give everyone fits.

Date: September 28, 2009 03:36PM

Ravens, Jets AFC CHAMPIONSHIP, RAVENS WIN. MINNESOTA, GIANTS NFC PLAYOFFS, MINNESOTA WINS.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 04:44PM

Reppa every year we go through this. People start calling for firing and replacements after the first lost. While I think that we are not making the playoffs the only player as of right now that I consider a real bust is Ginn. We have played very well with the exception of the Atlanta game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2009 04:45PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Jets AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Geez. Jets fans must be laughing their asses off at what's being posted here! Seriously, dude, if you must jump off the bandwagon and onto the Jets, do us all a favor and stop posting to this board!

Date: September 28, 2009 04:56PM

What the heck you talking about Montei, excuse me for making a pick. Just because we hate the Jets, hey there looking alot better than we are, and i am not on no band wagon, i said Baltimore will beat them, but there defense has done alot better than the cred i gave them. I sorry that my pick anger's you, in fact thats cool that you feel that way, but was that necessary? Sorry i had to report that as abusive.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:03PM

Abusive? I guarantee some of the quotes from here, or links to our board, will show up on the Jets boards. I don't want to add fuel to their fire. The Jets are my most hated team.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:05PM

Hey i hate em too, but id rather see them, than the Pats go. Just please dont call me a bandwagon jets fan, its like if i called you one, you would hate it. Im turning a new leaf, and ive stopped attacking people's opinions, because yeah im on thin ice, but realize that i'm addicted to comming on here, and shooting the sh.t.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:05PM

Monte incoming PM.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 29, 2009 08:08AM

You guys are quitters around here....this season is only week 3 deep.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 29, 2009 10:04AM

No just realist. Hey anything can happen, but as Sparano use's his percentage's ill use mine. and say we got a .5 percent chance of making playoffs, and .09 percent chance to go, and win superbowl.

Date: September 29, 2009 11:22AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> You guys are quitters around here....this season
> is only week 3 deep.

Exactly. From one true dolphin fan to another true dolphin fan!

Date: September 29, 2009 11:58AM

I'm a true dolphin fan. Im pretty sure every Dolphin fan on here is a true dolphin fan, and not a quitter, just comming to terms of reality.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 30, 2009 01:17PM

Reality was last year after week 2 we were 0-2 and reality after that was we only lost 3 more games the entire season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 30, 2009 03:34PM

Would be nice to do the opposite, and only loose two more, after are 0-3 start this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.