HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          PatWhite Alert Pat White Repeat Pat White
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
PatWhite Alert Pat White Repeat Pat White
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:30AM

Where is that "draft Pat White" guy now? I thought it was a ridiculous thought before the draft, was shocked at the pick when it was made, and now think it may go down as one of the biggest wasted picks of this team in a long time (saying a lot)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PatWhite Alert Pat White Repeat Pat White
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:36AM

LOL PAT WHITE LOL What a waste is an understatement.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:10AM

Wasted pick? I was not really for the pick either. But your being an idiot to say it was a wasted pick when its only the 4th week. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?

Like I said, I WAS NOT FOR THE PICK EITHER.....but how in your right ming (which you two obviously dont have one) think its wasted and its only week 4......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Your opinions are laughable.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 28, 2009 11:44AM

wow, thanks A&O, there was a nice way to say that.

laughable? to spend a high 2d round pick on a tiny player to be what, exactly--not our QB of the future, not a WR, what is he going to be? A trick play QB and we haven't even barely used him at that. And he's done poorly when put in. And his passes hit Bill Parcells in his golf cart.

It was a luxury pick for a team that needed people who could play right away. In the 4th round, maybe. In the 2d round, for this team? A wasted pick.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:49AM

Pat white a wasted pick? are you kidding me, they passed on white to put in a guy that has a year of the offense under his belt and you call that a wasted pick? I call that commonsense. White this year is strickly for the spread offense, his role may expand next year but everyone knew that he was not going to be the guy this year. He will have a chance to compete next year but Henne will take the place of penni as the #1 and white will continue his role as the spread guy. Please explain to me the waste since his role is independent of the health of pennington?

Now if henni gets hurt and they still pass on white and say put ronnie brown as our new fulltime qb then maybe I would question why they drafted him.

Date: September 28, 2009 12:14PM

it is a wasted pick to spend a high 2d rounder for a gimmick player. proof he is a gimmick player? he is not even close to being capable to be our #2 QB, as is now made clear by the fact that we are going to sign vinny testaverde or someone this week

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 28, 2009 12:18PM

He ran what 6 plays? And you call him a bust? what one pass? The rest HORRIBLE run plays that got nothing, because of the play? White has a cannon, and he can run. I think now that Penny is hurt. White will be playing more.

Date: September 28, 2009 12:21PM

i hope i am wrong about white but are you telling me we couldn't have used a LB or WR with that #2 pick way more than him?

Date: September 28, 2009 12:33PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i hope i am wrong about white but are you telling
> me we couldn't have used a LB or WR with that #2
> pick way more than him?

+1 on WR's instead of Pat White

Date: September 28, 2009 01:16PM

We need to take the training wheels off, and let White do what he does best, make plays on the fly. Once again i blame Henning.

Date: September 28, 2009 01:23PM

they will open it up, just watch and see. we are 0-3 and our backs are against the wall. this is what happened last year when we broke out the wildcat.

---------------------

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:25PM

Thank god some of you fans don't run this team we would be firing coaches, dropping players left and right. I am not a fan of the pick I think the guy is even more fragile than ginn if that is possible but a rookie QB who has no pro experience and is doing what he is suppose to do and learn. Not really sure how he is a wasted pick, atleast not yet.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:46PM

If anything the loss of Pennington increases the value of the White pick. We needed a back-up quarterback and got one that could provide some versatility. The guy was a great great college player so I am not willing to give up on him, especially since he hasn't even been given a shot. I hope that one day, we look back and realize just what a steal he turned out to be. He may eventually beat out Henne. Who knows?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:55PM

Pat white still hasnt had the time to adjust to nfl speed. That might or might not happen in the next couple of years. In the mean time we will see what we have in henne and it starts this sunday at home against the bills. Can't get a better start than that for henne. Your first regular season start at home.

Date: September 28, 2009 02:37PM

I will say it again....PAT WHITE LOL LOL

Date: September 28, 2009 03:30PM

Hey thats cool you can laugh, it's your right, and privlage, but if he proves your wrong, we will laugh, you will eat crow, then you will cheer with us drinking beer.

Date: September 29, 2009 08:48AM

Pat White is in the same boat Teddy Ginn was in when he was drafted.......

He has no chance to win over some Dolphin fans. They will always critique him no matter and they will never, ever like Pat. It sucks for him because he is a good ball player whether you or me believe he was the right pick for us.

---------------------

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:24PM

I think we'll see a lot of White this season. We may even see him start at some point if Henne flops.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 03, 2009 04:00AM

Pat White isn't an NFL football player.

CFL or Arena league is in his future

Date: October 03, 2009 04:14AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Pat White isn't an NFL football player.
>
> CFL or Arena league is in his future

Now how would you know he is not an nfl player. He is a rookie and has played what? 5 downs in a regular season game.

Maybe he is maybe he isn't. IMO its too soon to tell.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: October 03, 2009 04:35AM

It's "the look". You see ROOKIES out there that belong, make plays, and you can't tell they are rookies. You put SOME guys out there and they got that deer in the headlights look and that is a look you can't lose. That is a look you can't "coach out" of somebody.

We have all seen it a million times with too many guys. First impressions stick in the NFL!!!

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 03, 2009 09:52AM

Mike,
How can you say this after 5 plays? He comes in and hands the ball off. How is that going to tell anyone anything. How can you see this "look" with that happening?
I'm not saying he is the next comming, but really, how can anyone say anything with the little playing time he has had?
Give the guy a chance. He's a rookie and wasn't drafted to be a starter. I don't think even the coaches know where he eventually will fit in.
One thing is known. He is a very good athlete with lots of quickness and speed. That's about all we know at this point.

Date: October 03, 2009 12:22PM

Quote:

"It's "the look". You see ROOKIES out there that belong, make plays, and you can't tell they are rookies. You put SOME guys out there and they got that deer in the headlights look and that is a look you can't lose. That is a look you can't "coach out" of somebody.

We have all seen it a million times with too many guys. First impressions stick in the NFL!!!"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Yeah, Leon your in Denver....you probably remember John Elway was AMAZING from the first snap, huh!? Oh, wait.....

---------------------

Date: October 03, 2009 12:24PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Quote:
>
> "It's "the look". You see ROOKIES out there that
> belong, make plays, and you can't tell they are
> rookies. You put SOME guys out there and they got
> that deer in the headlights look and that is a
> look you can't lose. That is a look you can't
> "coach out" of somebody.
>
> We have all seen it a million times with too many
> guys. First impressions stick in the NFL!!!"
>
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Yeah, Leon your in Denver....you probably remember
> John Elway was AMAZING from the first snap, huh!?
> Oh, wait.....

Troy Aikman was great too...LOL The cowboys went 1-15 his first year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.