HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne looked like a deer caught in headlights
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne looked like a deer caught in headlights
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:19AM

True story. It did not look like this guy was prepared for the game. This doesn't sit well with me. I don't care if you're the starter or the 93845738th string, you still prepare for the game as if you're going to play the entire 60 minutes.

I was a fan of Henne coming out of college because he had my Nittany Lion's number for years and I wanted him to display that same level of excellence here in Miami.

So far he is just making me hate yet another Wolverine QB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne looked like a deer caught in headlights
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:42AM

It would be a different story if we had Kerry Collins subbing in for the injured Pennington, but we weren't given that luxury. instead, we went to a "rookie" quarterback who hadn't yet seen any considerable amount of professional regular season playing time in his life.

No offense, but to judge him based on whatever he did, be it good or bad, is (for lack of a better term) stupid.

BTW i also believe that the right pieces must be in place for a player to excel. example: Dan Marino took over the team one year removed from the 1982 Superbowl, adding a new skill-set and proceeded to have a Hall of Fame career. John Beck is drafted by a moronic coach with an aged defense and a team doomed for failure.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2009 09:13AM

agree Doug.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 28, 2009 03:41PM

Like i said he lack's the "GIFT".

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 03:48PM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True story. It did not look like this guy was
> prepared for the game. This doesn't sit well with
> me. I don't care if you're the starter or the
> 93845738th string, you still prepare for the game
> as if you're going to play the entire 60 minutes.
>
> I was a fan of Henne coming out of college because
> he had my Nittany Lion's number for years and I
> wanted him to display that same level of
> excellence here in Miami.
>
> So far he is just making me hate yet another
> Wolverine QB.

Lets see, so far, henne has been penningtons backup for 19 and a half games.....Last year 17 games and this year 2 and a half games...

Its not easy for him to come off the bench and expect him to be in sync with everyone.

Even if he doesnt play well this sunday against the bills i would still expect better things from him after the bye week.

Date: September 28, 2009 03:50PM

I hope your right, but lack's the "gift".confused smiley

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 04:07PM

I don't pass judgement on rookies in their first season. We will see what he does no one and I mean no one should pass judgement on hi
in his first yr.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 28, 2009 04:11PM

Again, the backup QB only gets about 15% of the practice snaps with the first team offense. And there could be no greater difference in throwing style than Pennington versus Henne. Henne is not used to playing with these guys, and these guys aren't used to catching his passes. And certainly not in game conditions. And did you see the pass rush Henne was facing? Once they saw the inexperienced QB in the game, San Diego came at him with everything they had. We need to protect him a lot better than we did, and give him some time to make them pay with throws downfield. Once we hit a few of those, the blitzing will ease off, the offense will find some rhythm, and then we'll get a real idea of what Henne can do.

Date: September 28, 2009 04:15PM

Like i said, when i watch the games, even preseason i study what the people are doing, and when i look at Henne, he doesnt read the defense's that well, and i think that he can never overcome that, because as somone put, you either got it or you dont. You can call it "The Touch" which is somthing you keep down deep in your guts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 04:17PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 07:07AM

Its true, Henne just doesnt have it as much as we refuse to believe it. Lets face it guys, Henne is going to be a decent QB and that is all. He will never be great. At best he will be the next idk Kerry Collins. In the QB position some players just have the "gift" as it was mentioned before. Look at Matt Ryan, you just know he is going to do great things later on and he was thrown into the trenches his first year.

If we go with Henne the best you can expect is a mediocre team, something we're all too used to.

I think Pat White would be a better option and let me tell you why. Henne is just your typical QB who has nothing special going for him. Pat White on the other hand may not be ready, he may not know the offense as well but he has a gimmick about him. He has diversity, something Henne lacks. With Pat white we're rolling the dice but the chances of us hitting big are greater than with Henne.

Lets face it, the wildcat has defined us as a tick play gimmick team and so lets run with that. With our personnel you can forget about staying in the pocket and making completion after completion. Its not happening. With Pat white we have a player who can run out of a bad situation and turn it into a good one. He has an arm, it just needs to be tuned up. With a bit of confidence we can have a player with that Michael Vick versatility and the ability to run plays that other teams will have to take time to figure out how to defend.

Lets let go of the fantasy that were gonna have a Dan Marino under center completing all his passes and taking us all the way and lets use what we got. An outstanding pair of running backs, A good offensive line, A Great offensive coach, and a QB with more athleticism than any other QB in the division and maybe even the NFL.

and if it fails, we have a high draft pick to fix it.

Date: September 29, 2009 07:10AM

Thank you Luis i agree 150 percent. Just sucks that we are prob right on this one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.