HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It took a while, but I'm officially done with Ginn
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
It took a while, but I'm officially done with Ginn
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:05AM

Many of you declared Ginn a bust about .0000000000002 seconds after he was drafted.

I on the other hand gave him (and even Cam for drafting him) the benefit of the doubt for this long. I couldn't help it, it's a terrible weakness I have. I thought, hey he's fast, at the very least he'd help out on kick returns.

Then I heard about his capacity for learning, how he hurt himself celebrating a score and couldn't play in that bowl game against UF, etc., but I still thought it's okay, he's fast, he'll do fine even if he doesnt' live up to the first-pick hype. If he settles in as a lower than a #1 receiver for us, it's still a successful draft pick for us.

And he did show improvement for two years. His progress was too slow for many of you, but once again I gave him the benefit of the doubt, as he did make some very good plays for us last year. So he made a few mistakes too, sophomore-itis, it wasn't a problem to me. After all, his coaches and teammates praised him for his hard work and dedication. If Ginn was doing well enough for them, that was good enough for me. He was set to have the "breakout year" this year.

Then this year started...wow. Against the Colts, I was angry that he failed to make the big play more than once in the end zone. Some of us pointed to his stats: hey he made over 100 yards in catches, so what if he couldn't pull down two touchdowns? Even I couldn't buy that. Then yesterday I actually lost count how many times he dropped the ball. It was that bad.

For you stats-intensive folks, I actually looked up to see how many yards he got, so that I could anticipate his biggest fans pointing to his yardage stats this morning. Here's a stat for you: he was thrown to six times and never made a catch. Zero yards. Zero catches. Now what?

I can't find the bright side of Ted Ginn anymore. Last week I said I hope he improves, and I'll continue to support him as a non-#1 receiver as long as he progresses over time. He came up empty yesterday, completely empty.

If we can find another team (Baltimore and Cam, how about it?) dumb enough to trade for him, let's do it. If not, put him on Kick return duty and hope that he breaks one on raw speed (don't drop the kick, Ted!).

The only bright side is that Brady Quinn wouldn't have done any better. He isn't exactly lighting it up in Cleveland.

Sorry Ted, I don't give up easily on players wearing a Phins uniform, but you're officially in Eric Kumerow territory.

(edited for spelling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 07:08AM by JC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It took a while, but I'm officially done with Ginn
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:13AM

only fault I find in your post is that he hurt himself celebrating a score--he didn't do anything to cause that injury, his entire team mobbed him in the endzone. hey, at least back then he was making big plays in big games...

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:17AM

Agreed. His play was not acceptable. To be making as much money as he does and his entire life revolves around catching a ball, and he can't even do that.

I'm with you JC, I've been on the "stay positive! show support!" boat for too long. I'm done watching this guy suck.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 07:17AM

also, if you watch ginn return kicks and then watch any other good kr do it, you see what the problem is and why he's not good at it at this level. It looks like he is running on ice--he gets up a head of steam and it takes him so long to change directions that unless there is a huge lane from the get go, he is in no danger of taking it past the 20. he's got speed but is incapable of stopping and starting or changing directions quickly.

I was optimistic about his ability from watching the youtube videos of him playing at OSU. talk about false advertising....

at this point I could look past the #9 selection and be satisfied if he was a top returner in the league, but he can't even do that (and remember, that's what Cam said he was mainly drafted for).

Date: September 28, 2009 07:30AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> only fault I find in your post is that he hurt
> himself celebrating a score--he didn't do anything
> to cause that injury, his entire team mobbed him
> in the endzone. hey, at least back then he was
> making big plays in big games...

Thanks for correcting me. I (obviously) didn't see that college game of his and heard incorrectly about what happened.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2009 09:17AM

He had no chance from the beginning with this team. He would have had to be Jerry Rice for people to actually accept him. And even then there would be some individuals who would say Brady Quinn should have been the pick. But people are gonna jump from the Brady train to Dwayne Bowe or some other WR who is better but picked later (which by the way happens every year in every draft). If he would have been the second best WR in the draft behind a guy picked in the 7th round, people would have bashed Ginn.

Bottom line is, back to my first sentence....he had no chance with Miami Dolphin fans. Its unfortunate for him.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 28, 2009 09:38AM

He had a chance with me until he kept dropping the freakin' rock.

Date: September 28, 2009 09:51AM

"....he had no chance with Miami Dolphin fans. Its unfortunate for him."

Yeah well when your team is in shambles and you need to do something spectacular with the 9th overall pick, you don't select a guy who has nothing but speed to offer.

How many times are teams going to make this mistake?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 09:52AM

I was really depressed yesterday. Ginn was a no show. Again!

I mean if a ball hits you in the chest you have to catch it. It happened not once but 2 times in a row.

As far as giving up on ginn, like i said i was as depressed as you can be.............BUT........

I would like to see how the ginn and henne combination develops from here on out until the end of the season. About 5 or 6 games into the season when they have enough practice time together.

And now since pennington is out, we all know henne is going to get a lot of snaps in practice. Almost all the snaps probably.

So in conclusion, im not ready to give up on ginn just yet. But if he doesn't improve by the end of the year i will wish for him to be moved or traded.

This seems like a domino effect. ( Everybody playing bad at the same time ) And on top of that the injury bug has arrived.....

It cannot get any worst....We are not a bad football team....Dominated the colts and were in the game yesterday until the 4th quarter.

Lots of questions...

1. What has ever happened to fasano?

2. Is ginn officially a bust?

3. Pennington is hurt. Will henne become a starter this year?

4. Are JT and Porter at the end of their careers?

5. Was it a mistake to sign gibril wilson? I will answer this one...YES IT WAS.

6. Is anybody else in the league worse than us at the inside LB position?

7. Was drafting pat white a mistake? Will answer again YES IT WAS!

Question for any one that know please....

Is vernon carrey hurt?

He fell down and looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Finnally.....

To me the season is never over....But if we lose the next two....I will not be upset if we just win a couple of games this season and draft in the top 5 overall.

I always root for them to win no matter what.

GO PHINS.

Date: September 28, 2009 09:54AM

"I always root for them to win no matter what."

HOLLA!!

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:37AM

He wont be with the Phins next season

Date: September 28, 2009 11:06AM

Quote:

"Yeah well when your team is in shambles and you need to do something spectacular with the 9th overall pick, you don't select a guy who has nothing but speed to offer. "

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Case in point. My explanation verified only two post later.

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:23PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He wont be with the Phins next season

I'm hoping it's THIS season! Why not trade him while he still has some value. I'm sure SOME team would take a chance on him. Maybe Cam Cameron will throw us some draft picks for him!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:26PM

So Terell Owens must stink too because he didn't have a single catch yesterday either.

I do agree however that Ginn needs to tighten up and get his Sh&t straight!

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:34PM

Ken he cant, plain, and simple. He doesnt have the toughness to make a play, apparantly its affecting his ability to hold onto the ball. He is embarrassing. Absolutly embarrassing, and NO ONE on here like's TO, he drops alot of pass's, but when its TD time he catch's. Its his third year, you cant teach toughness, he doesnt have it, and i have no respect for him. None, he lost that when all i see him do is dive, or run out. Even if he turns on the greatness i will never respect him, because of how he plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 06:35PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:40AM

Go read Armando's blog and you'll be even more disgusted. He said on one route, Ginn ran the most rounded-off pattern he's ever seen in the nfl, and of course he wasn't open because of it.

This is his 3rd year, folks.

When Parcells came in to clean house, he kept Ginn and Ronnie because he figured those were 2 players with value. Honestly, both might have been mistakes. Trading both as part of packages for real playmakers was the thing to do. Ronnie has never been anything but an average back to me, and the reason he's having a good year is because he's really good at the wildcat for us. But straight base running, he doesn't have the vision. Ginn....he has speed and nothing else. Not route running, not toughness, not brains, not great hands, not leaping ability, not an ability to comeback to help the qb...nothing.

And maybe the most devastating thing this year is that we lost David Martin, and have NO TIGHT ENDS TO THROW TO. That means the defense doesn't have to bother covering them, and there no options for Pennington other than Bess. WE WERE THROWING TO RICKY AND RONNIE ON SUNDAY FOR GODS SAKE.

And I'm sorry, but none of this is the players fault. This is all poor planning.

Date: September 29, 2009 03:47AM

HEY HEY ive also stated numorous times, horrible coaching.

Date: September 29, 2009 07:52AM

Sorry Sam, I dont think Ronnie is average. He shredded his knee only 2 years ago. Was pretty good the season *immediately* after doing it. And has been our only offensive weapon this season. Not average.

---------------------

Date: September 29, 2009 10:08AM

I agree, our offensive set's, and Offensive line, is the reason why we dont do a great job running up the gut. I mean how many I-Formations do you see ran, outside of Miami, not many at all, and for a reason. Heavy blitze's, with FAST linebackers. Not to forget, our 3 wr set is just garbage. I hate it with a passion. It never produce's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.