HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The "U" review
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The "U" review
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 25, 2009 10:54AM

WHEWWW!!! how bout them kanes... i have been waiting a long time for us to be good.

For those that dont know we are currently ranked #9 in the nation

we are lead by 6' 4'' sophmore jacoby harris who is lookin like the truth. Our starting qb last year (robert marve) who I thought was outstanding and played well last year against florida transfered i think to purdue so I will be watching how he does.

Anyhow our first 4 games are against top 25 opponents and people (myself included) thought that we would come out of it with maybe 1 win. As it stands we are 2-0 with two more teams to finish running the gauntlet

2009 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
RECORD: 2-0
DATE OPPONENT
9-7-09 at Florida State (Mon.) WON 38-34
9-17-09 GEORGIA TECH (Thur.) WON 33-17
9-26-09 at Virginia Tech
10-3-09 OKLAHOMA

FSU was ranked 18th when we beat the, G-tech was #14 and now we are heading to the black hole to face the #13 hokies and then we take on an possibly bradford and his sooners.

If we are 4-0 there is no question that we should be the #2 team in the nation, LETS GO KANES!!!

Speak on it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The "U" review
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 25, 2009 11:01AM

Also we made a huge jump from #20 to #9 in the nation, I personally cannot remember ever seeing such a huge jump, especially since oklahoma, O-state and v. tech were all ahead of us, and ranked 11,12 and 13th just last week. Eventhough they all won some how we managed to leap frog all of them... from more than 7 slots back... wow...

goo kanes

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 25, 2009 11:18AM

I think the Canes are better.

But I dont think FSU or GT are any good. And the ACC sucks. So I'm not sold on Miami yet.

Win AT VT then go beat Oklahoma......then I will be convinced. But as of now Miami has beaten 2 so-so teams and they should have lost to FSU in reality

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 25, 2009 01:30PM

Let's all chill with the UM craziness. Yes they looked awesome but people are talking national title and jacory for heisman and I am worried it's going to go to the team's head and jinx them. remember a few years ago we were ranked and blew out Tex AM and people we saying similar things, and then we lost, terribly, the restof the year.
if we beat VA Tech and OK then I'll start thinking in those terms---till then, I will just hope for the best. Plus Shannon is a terrible and useless coach.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 25, 2009 02:46PM

Doesnt matter, the gators, will dominate. Win it again boys.

Date: September 26, 2009 11:50AM

Canes getting their ass kicked in the rain. Are they still back??! lol

Frrst real team they play this year and they are getting destroyed!!

Florida State got beat up at home by South Florida, proving my point Miami has YET to play a good team all year (until today)....so being 2-0 by beating 2 bad ACC teams means nothing.

Canes aren't back. Have fun in some .com bowl played at 10am on a Wednesday in late Dec

Date: September 26, 2009 12:04PM

told you i was worried

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 26, 2009 01:14PM

Just root for the gator's. TEBOW....

Date: September 26, 2009 05:50PM

Tebow goes down. Got his head rocked, taken off on a cart vomiting the entire time on the cart.

DOWN GOES TEBOW!!!

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: September 26, 2009 07:15PM

I am a huge Canes and Gator fan so this weekend was hard to see my Canes (where I spent the first six years of my life) and my gators (I lived in Gainesville from the age of six through high school) both suffer huge defeats. I consider the loss of Tebow a defeat.

the good news, even though the Canes are not top ten worthy, they are better than they were last year. Improvement is good and thats all I'm asking for from the Phins!

Also, the gators have a bye week before the LSU game. What luck!

Timmy's first words to Urban Myer after coming back from the darkness... "Did I hold onto the football?" I love that guy!

Go Gators! Go Canes!

Date: September 27, 2009 07:13AM

dude, how can you be a fan of BOTH the canes and gators? that's like being a fan of the phins and pats or jets....

Date: September 27, 2009 07:33AM

IF Tebow misses a game or two.........GOOD-BYE Heisman!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.