HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thoughts on the game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thoughts on the game
Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 22, 2009 07:02AM

In the off-season some of us ( myself included) felt that ILB was the 31 area to address.

Last night illustrated why. Channing Crowder is fine against average QB's but gets lit up by the good ones.

IMO, Crowder was a liability.

Gibril Wilson is a journeyman who is not much better that what we had. I say switch Jason Allen back to safety and see if he is any worse. he might not be smart enough...or use the rihgt technique...but he is athletic and tackles ...of and he intercepts the ball when it hits him in the hands!!!!

Tedd Ginn has pretty much established that he is NOT a #1 WR. Bess and Camarillo are 'ok'. we need to put Hartline and Turner on the field. Hartline catches everything and Turner is huge. I know they haven't gotten great separation 'so far' but if the running game is pounding the D, the separation will come. Bess is to small and not quite fast enough.

Pennington did not play badly. he played well. BUT he demonstrated that he lacks the ability/nature to make the big play. I saw a few plays where he threw the 5-7 yarder when a 15 yd crossing route was open. that said.....the ball to Ginn should have been for 6 points; which would have ended my point last night.

The last point/thought...is on 4th and 1, tied game, 48 seconds left in the half.....go for the 1st down. Polite is a guaranteed conversion. GIVE HIM THE BALL!!!! tell your $multi-million OL to punch it through. Kick the FG with 5 seconds on the clock. Being down by 1 instead of 4 would have meant we would be trying to get into FG position and not score a TD. 3 minutes would have been plenty.

Heartbreaking game!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thoughts on the game
Date: September 22, 2009 01:35PM

thank you

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:28PM

I agree with everything except using Jason Allen. I know you like JA, but he's proven time-and-time-again he's nothing but an overpaid special-teams player. I say build for the future and play Clemons instead!

Date: September 22, 2009 04:34PM

I forgot about him. Absolutely. He is a playmaker. Can he play worse?

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: September 22, 2009 05:23PM

There were several moments that cost us the game.

That missed field goal.

The pathetic time management at the end of the game.

A defense that could not tackle.

A couple dropped INT's.

Overall, it was a good game to watch. The home crowd really showed up. The offense showed signs of life.

But, the D took a step back. We didn't combine pressure on the QB with press coverage.

Posted by: dc9den ()
Date: September 23, 2009 04:09AM

- We have zero big playmakers on this offense
- Does Pennington ever feel a sense of urgency?
- Why do we continue to rush on 2nd and 3rd down in the red zone?
- The Cam Cameron 7th overall pick of Ginn still haunts us
- When will we finally be successful again without gimmick plays?
- We run the worst 2 minute drill in the NFL
- Our offense may be efficient, but its also deathly boring
- If Henne is the "future", why was he de-activated Sunday and White the #2?

Bring in Henne and lets see what the future holds.

Date: September 23, 2009 05:10AM

I think our OC needs to re-think things. When we are in the middle of the field ( between the 30's) he is innovative, uses the wildcat. Once we get into the redzone or on important plays, it's like his butt puckers up and he is afraid.

I have no problem with the plays we have and have run...I have a problem with which ones we run when it counts.

On 3rd & 6? Pass or Wildcat. In the 3 minute drill? IF you are going to run? Why not run the Wildcat? If we have passes out of the Wilcat....that would be the right time to use one.

Young OC's feel invincible and take risks. Older OC's have been burned, they know the risks, so they play it safe. I don't want a reckless OC....but someone with some 'moxy'.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:46PM

It's because of "Dont turn the ball over mentality", everyone freaks out in the red zone and we suck.

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: September 24, 2009 03:43AM

was offshore and missed the game just watched it...
ted ginn lost that game ..he dropped TWO tds a nember one wr SHOULD catch
our passed defense lost that game..iknow it was peyton manning but thank god they had the ball so little we got expose dbig time
our unexplijable clock management lost the game...alright fell a little bettre venting..wish the fins didnt make me hate being a fan so often

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 04:54AM

After all is said and done, I felt bad after the game but, I felt much worse after the Jets game of several years ago, commonly referred to as the "Monday Night Miracle". That was a heart breaker.
Bottom line, The shortcomings of the Atlanta game were effectively corrected and the failures of this game will be corrected also. This game was a fluke and will not be repeated in San Diego. The domination of the offense was not a fluke and will be tweaked to go for TDs and not settle for field goals. Ted Ginn will develop.
The defense needs some work. The corners were giving the WRs waaay too much of a cushion for a Manning lead offense with an ineffective pass rush. That too can be corrected.
I put this loss squarely on the coaches.

Date: September 24, 2009 07:01AM

I agree with a lot of what you said; but, one thing that didn't get fixed from the Falcons game was our inability to cover the TE, and the excessive YAC we allowed.

This week we face another elite TE and WR's who can get some YAC.

Hope we fix it.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 24, 2009 11:36AM

i hope we can too, but its not going to happen overnight. I think we will have another solid running game, because of there weakned defense, but they will just out throw us, and win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.