HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          its never too early...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
its never too early...
Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 22, 2009 03:34AM

not to be a downer people, but with last nights game as evidence, this team is very close, yet may not be there yet. given the difficult schedule, im not so sure if we can match last seasons record, but what we will do is turn heads and let it be known that last year was no fluke. that being said, last nights game exposed our weaknesses (which arent many imo).

always looking to the future and ways to improve, what do you guys see as possibilities for the, (gulp) offseason? i however am confident that we will be in position to make a serious run for the SB next year.

it is evident we still need help at LB, Safety, WR.... and with a potential top pick in the 15-25 range, we can set ourselves up in great position for next year

a question for you guys, how is our cap situation? who a F/A after the season? roster turnover in the NFL is super high, so knowing that we have the vets coming back and/or $$$ to sign a few top tier free agents would be a great thing.

whats getting alot of talk this morning is the play of ted ginn, more importantly the jump ball that seemingly bounced out of his hands. i see last nights game as his coming out party. the offense used him in the way he can excell. also, ginn surprised me with his hands for 99% of the game. i think he had 11 catches for 100+ yards is fine in my book. the local radio (560) is all for pulling Ginn in favor of giving hartline and turner a shot. thats crazy imo. however, i did see ginn's lack of concentration skills. theres no doubt ginn should have had that diving TD in the endzone to give us the lead. Ive got to credit Pennington for a perfectly placed pass, and he knew it. Ginn freezes up in tight spots. took his eyes off the ball and slowed up, as if he was trying to stay in bounds with 5-7 yards to go before the line. Bess and Camarillo make that catch, we win the game.

lastly, whats with us allowing YAC? to me this problem is all on the LBs and Safeties cover skills (tackles), two positions that will definately get much attention in the offseason. G Wilson isnt worth the paper his contract is written on, and our LBs are taken out of the play too easily.

opinions?

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: its never too early...
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 06:58AM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 22, 2009 08:59AM

Unfortunately teams don't often let these guys get away. LB salaries are low enough that a good one can be kept. Same with safety.

I say focus Free Agent Money on WR and use the draft to get our LB and Safety.

Date: September 22, 2009 10:41AM

Date: September 22, 2009 01:29PM

You are correct if they don't get a deal done. But; I think they will.

If they don't get a deal done...then there is a real chance at a shake-up if the owners will spend some money.BUT if they are cheap? we're screwed.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 23, 2009 09:12PM

We could bring in Zach, cant be any worse. ILB, and Safty needs to be addressed this offseason. I would love to bring in WR Matt Jones, cheap and can play solid football, bring him in, lets see what he can do, he has mad potential, and also played QB!! Another perfect wildcat man.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:17AM

The whole reasoning for the owners opting out of the agreement is they believe the players are getting paid too much as is... I really don't see any of them breaking ranks and opening up the coffers to give any record-breaking deals in an uncapped year.

Also, if they plan on negotiating back to a CAPPED system, they will have to keep that in mind with any new deals. It wouldn't make any sense to give a huge signing bonus and contract only to be forced to renegotiate or cut them or a bunch of other players to make room under the cap for that bloated contract once a new CBA is negotiated.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:32AM

grooves12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really don't see
> any of them breaking ranks and opening up the
> coffers to give any record-breaking deals in an
> uncapped year.

I do, in the case of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. Those guys will spend any amount of money to buy a championship, IMO. I hope I'm wrong if it comes down to that.

Date: September 24, 2009 07:07AM

absolutely!

But, I think the players are starting to realize that a handful of guys will get paid and the rest will get screwed. So I think they will accept the ownership offer at the 11th hour.

Date: September 24, 2009 11:34AM

I want the salary cap to go away. I think it would do great things for the NFL, and damn right the players salaries need to be lowered starting with a limit for rookies. Give rookies a 2.5 percent raise in base salary for draft picks in the first round.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 24, 2009 12:05PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want the salary cap to go away. I think it would
> do great things for the NFL, and damn right the
> players salaries need to be lowered starting with
> a limit for rookies. Give rookies a 2.5 percent
> raise in base salary for draft picks in the first
> round.

2.5 percent raise? That will go over like a fart in church with the players' union!

Date: September 24, 2009 12:23PM

Lmao. yeah and abolish the players union, i think that only retiree's and guys who get disabled while they play should be the only thing there good for, afterall there playing a f.n game.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 24, 2009 01:06PM

Doug if we can play as good as we played against the colts we will be fine. We just need to corect a couple of mistakes on diffense and we will be fine.

Remember not many teams can defend payton manning.

Date: September 24, 2009 02:16PM

Date: September 24, 2009 03:57PM

I ment get a rookie ceiling set like 1st overall makes this set amount, and up to teams to add incentives, and evey year raise the overall amount in a percentage, and a small one at that, to keep things interesting. how many draft spots are there total, give a set amount for each position, and give undrafted a set amount, and like i said up to teams for incentives. The rest of the leagues salaries, i would have to think about, but what you think.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.