HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Looking towards 2010
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Looking towards 2010
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:46PM

We are NOT rebounding from 0-2 this year like last. This is a different team and we have a different schedule and the AFC landscape is much tougher. So, lets look towards next year....

1) Henne's team--He will bring a different look to our offense. We should be pretty much out of it by Nov 1st this year, hopefully Henne gets the snaps the last 2 months of the season.

2) Gotta get rid of our OLD linebackers. Forget nose-tackle, we have two huge voids at BOTH outside linebackers and probably 1 inside linebacker position to fill. That's 75% of our linebackers that MUST GO ASAP!!! We can't get a pass rush without blitzing corners and these OLB's have little to nothing left. Porter has a little more left, so if you wanna replace one this upcoming offseason (JT) then Porter the next I could live with that. But 2 of these 3 LB's must go. Channing we just re-signed so we are stuck with him unfortunatly.

3) Finish the secondary rebuild and get rid of Wilson and find a saftey. Hopefully its Clemons, if not don't mess around and spend some money on one.

4) Go sign 2 WIDE RECIEVERS who can actually play in this league. Camarillo wouldn't make most NFL rosters in this league. Patrick Turner can't even be ACTIVE for games at this point. Hartline has a little promise but has NFL 4th WR written all over him. Ginn makes too much money to move and Bess is a solid #3. Get me some guys who can create space and make a play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking towards 2010
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:47PM

dont do this...

Date: September 21, 2009 06:49PM

live in reality man.........take off the aqua and orange glasses. Live in reality, its a much better place to be

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:53PM

Ive said Porter looks done from pre-season Taylor is done, i never liked Crowder, screw Ayodell. Yeah right, you think next year? lol with what 33 year old Ricky, 29 Year old Brown? No clutch wr's to come down with the Winning Td? A stand in the pocket to long Henne? Porter, and Taylor gone, and need to be. Horrible usage of Pat White? lol i mean come on. Our team finaly got exposed. And we are screwed.

Date: September 21, 2009 06:55PM

How do you know Henne stands in the pocket too long, he hasn't even played when it really counts. And haven't we learned the preseason is a joke and you get nothing from it. Don't look at Henne's preseson games and take anything from them

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:01PM

Who is he going to throw it too EVERYONE'S FAVORITE GINN, WHO CANT COME UP WITH THE BIG PLAY, WHO NEVER IS GOING TO BE A TRUE NUMBER ONE WIDEOUT!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:30PM

Chicken Little, the sky is falling!

Rick

Posted by: gruuv ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:36PM

I actually like Hartline---He's going to be a great #2 or slot reciever. But Ginn must be let go forcing us to take a real number 1. I think I let Brown walk this year, too. He's a great bruiser but we seem to want to go downfield on offense and he isn't giving us much.

All that said, we need defensive help...As the OP says, we need linebackers. Our two best are old by football standards, and Crowder is a step or two slow. He'd be holding Zach's jockstrap if he were still here in his prime.

I like Sean Smith so far. But we need OLB and FS help so he can focus on his reciever.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:39PM

0-2.....I cant look to next year yet......somehow I keep thinking of the 0-2 Giants winning the SB.....why cant we.....maybe just a freaking dream!

Date: September 21, 2009 07:41PM

Giants went through a WEAK NFC to win that super bowl.

We are stuck with b'more, pitt, SD, Indy, Tenn, even HOUSTON. Not to mention the Jets and Pats.

We gotta move mountains to make the playoffs this year and damn near run the table at this point. Giants had the weakest NFC ever that year to get in the playoffs.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 03:34AM

LOL....3-13 is my prediction for this year. I said it in another post. We need WR's and the only way to get that caliber is to go to the bottom once more to pick up some quality draft picks. So I concur with the other poster....2010 will be a much better year....we will have an easier schedule and we will make the playoffs next year.

The nice thing once again is I will enjoy the fall season on my bike and enjoy the nice crisp days...and not waste my days inside watching these idiots

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 03:49AM

Every season we get to hear about you and your bike. The next time you feel the urge to post a negative message why don't you ride your bike instead.

Date: September 22, 2009 04:00AM

Every season we get to hear about you and your bike. The next time you feel the urge to post a negative message why don't you ride your bike instead.

I did on Sunday....400 mile beautiful ride through Vermont. If the phins were playing sunday..yup..I would have still rode. Last night was a bit chilly so I watched the Phins....they looked great except when it counted....and watched Manning disect us with only 15 minutes to do it with. Horrible.

Date: September 22, 2009 04:11AM

every season? It's my first season posting on this website

Date: September 22, 2009 04:16AM

Hi Mike O He is talking about me. He hates when I am right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.