HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NOT a GINN!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: NOT a GINN!!!
Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:24AM

Ginn has not yet played 3 years in this league! He is just starting his 3rd year. If he continues on his current pace, he will gain over 1000 yards. if we went out and signed a WR that gained over 1000 yards in his previous year, you would all be jumping for joy at the idea of him playing for us! So, let's wait until the whole year has passed before we judge him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:41AM

RW13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if
> we went out and signed a WR that gained over 1000
> yards in his previous year, you would all be
> jumping for joy at the idea of him playing for us!

If we went out and signed a WR that gained over 1000 yards, but also failed to come down with 2 passes per game that were catchable in the endzone , I wouldn't be jumping for joy, no. Of course I'm not saying Ginn will do that every game (or ever again, I hope), but my point yards aren't the whole picture.

If we sign a guy who is clutch and can consistently make the big play when it counts, then yes I'll be jumping for joy without putting as much weight on how many yards he's gained.

> So, let's wait until the whole year has passed
> before we judge him.

Agreed, I'm not writing off Ginn or the team as some of us have already done. I'm also not judging his entire performance for 2009 on the first two games. He has room to continue his path of improvement and I'm rooting for him to do so.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:44AM

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 07:38AM

Is there really a discussion about Ginn being a #1? Somebody pass me the koolaide cause it must be strong! Just for the record I hope Ginn turns out to be the best WR in the history of the game, but if I take my Dolphins blinders off for a sec I realize that he is simply not the #1WR I hoped for.

We had people here talking about how great Chambers was and how many yards he's gotten and it wasn't his fault it was our QB system and blah blah blah. Well he has been with Rivers for two yrs and ain't done squat! Ginn is a weak receiver period. Anybody who is honest can admit it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 24, 2009 08:46AM

RW13 Wrote:
> Welker took 3 years or more to get going!

Huh? Welker was good as a rookie. He would catch anything thrown in his general area. That's what made him great! Why do you think the Pats gave us a 2nd and 7th for him? That was after his 2nd year!

Date: September 24, 2009 09:04AM

Date: September 24, 2009 10:16AM

Just for the record, I don't think that Ginn is currently #1 material either. I think maybe some of you are thinking that way. I just think he deserves the chance to continue to develop. Which he has been, so let's all hope he continues to do so. If not, he still would make a very good second WR if we go get a #1! And that's a big IF!

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: September 24, 2009 10:36AM

eye rolling smiley

Date: September 24, 2009 11:07AM

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 24, 2009 11:31AM

LMAO lol lmao ohhh man thats great, Welker is not number one material. lol LMAO ohhhhh man that's funny. He will only be one of the best slot wr's ever, and if he was 4 inchs taller, he would be a fitzgerarld. Like i said Ginn will never be half the wr Welker is, and you cant argue that, Welker catch's everything, and takes the hits to get YAC.

Posted by: bigtimbo ()
Date: September 24, 2009 11:57AM

we are playing just like i thought we would after seeing the preseason. I knew not addressing the wr position would haunt us. i think ginn can bee a good #2but we need a #1.

Date: September 24, 2009 12:24PM

They just need to throw it to Cam, Bess, and Hartline more.

Date: September 24, 2009 01:56PM

Date: September 24, 2009 02:44PM

He doesn't understand that kind of stuff!

Date: September 24, 2009 03:51PM

I understand there rolls, but Welker has all the intagibles as a number one wideout, he catch's everything, and gets solid YAC. Pats lost one of two, and should have lost both, witout Welker in there, so hey?

Date: September 24, 2009 05:23PM

Welker's build and speed were similar to that of Wayne Chrebet. Was Chrebet a #1? I'd argue he was the most feared WR the Jets had for most of his career because he was reliable and a 1st-down machine.

Date: September 24, 2009 06:09PM

We should've got TO, he would've caught that one....jk

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH i kill me

Date: September 24, 2009 06:24PM

Date: September 25, 2009 08:38PM

Welker much better than Wayne, and Welker returns punts.

Date: September 26, 2009 06:04AM

Is Tedd beyond redemption?

It all depends on how costly that WIN will be in the standings.

Date: September 26, 2009 08:10AM

Whats a YAC?? Is that from Star Wars?

Date: September 26, 2009 08:36AM

hene shouldnt get n e playing time till next year

Date: September 26, 2009 08:39AM

hene shouldnt get n e playing time till next year as ive said b 4

Date: September 26, 2009 10:54AM

Date: September 26, 2009 05:25PM

Ohhhhhhhh. Makes sense. LOL

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: September 27, 2009 01:13AM

Just to put the whole Welker thing to rest...

Wes Welker isn't now, nor was he ever, nor will he ever be a #1 WR!

He does well because he is a very very good WR and he plays in the slot. He faces LBs and Safeties a lot more than he faces CBs. If here were to go up against a team's #1 CB on a regular basis, he would get shut down on a regular basis.

Until he starts doing those plays against CBs, there is no argument to this, however, he is the best slot WR I have ever seen (Steve Breaston is a really really good slot WR as well, same situation)

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:01AM

Why does everyone seem to miss the point? We had this team so on the boards it was just nuts. Our offense did exactly what was needed and the DEFENSE fell on their faces.
This game reminded me of the Csonka days with total ball control.
All the defense had to do was stop one f--- drive and they couldn't even do that.
Don't blame Ginn or anyone else on the offense. They did their job.
Sure he missed that pass. But we never should have needed it.

The D stops just one drive and we are not talking about Ginn, we are talking about victory.

Date: September 27, 2009 08:43AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Why does everyone seem to miss the point? We had
> this team so on the boards it was just nuts. Our
> offense did exactly what was needed and the
> DEFENSE fell on their faces.
> This game reminded me of the Csonka days with
> total ball control.
> All the defense had to do was stop one f--- drive
> and they couldn't even do that.
> Don't blame Ginn or anyone else on the offense.
> They did their job.
> Sure he missed that pass. But we never should have
> needed it.
>
> The D stops just one drive and we are not talking
> about Ginn, we are talking about victory.

I have a question. Were you on our defense like this when Marino would pull a game out in the 4th quarter? Our offense had a chance at the end but blew it. Our 2-minute offense was horrible. Our guys were walking slowly to the line of scrimmage while the clock was ticking down. There was no fire. Our offense was NOT holding up its end.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 27, 2009 09:00AM

Three dropped TD passes and they did their job? Did you turn on the tv this afternoon and hear ditka, marino, sharp, etc? There is no reason why that much time on the field from an offense should not result in more points. This isn't 1958, it's not enough to grind down the field for 3 points. You have to score touchdowns, and you have to make big plays. You have to be able to throw the ball!

Ultimately, you need balance - a good line to protect the QB and open some holes for a run, and you need a good QB and TE/Receiver set to make plays. And you need a solid defense.

Look at the Jets this afternoon, ripping the Titans a new opening, with a swarming defense, a great scheme, an exciting offense with Sanchez, using not just his wide receivers but crucially his tight ends. Dustin Keller making plays. Everyone doing their job.

I think we've proven one thing. You can't BOTH sit on your hands in free agency, and not get playmakers in the draft. You get 0-2, and unfortunately I think it's going to be 0-3 unless something lucky happens, like we win a couple turnovers. That's certainly possible, Miami does well when its all on the line, and Penny has a good win history against the chargers. But I'm not counting on it.

I'm tired of everything being blamed on the whole defense, they're not that bad. We have some holes to fill - safeties obviously is one area, we lost people in FA, and we probably needed linebacker upgrade as well. But they work hard and I have confidence in them. The defensive coordinator needs to do a better job of scheming and moving around guys to compensate. The offensive coordinator had no problem doing that - he brought Smiley over to Jake to help block and kept Fasano back to block. The problem though with the offense is that we just don't have the talent. And there's only so much shifting around you can do.

I knew this would happen. The only bright spot on the offense is that the wildcat is working, which is a huge surprise to me. That's great news. I hope we are able to sustain it.

Date: September 27, 2009 09:20AM

I agree with DolphinSam. The offense was problematic. The Defense was soft in the middle (ILB and safety). Our CBs and D-Line played very well. On offense, outside of the wildcat, we played lackadaisically and with no fire. Our guys need to be running to the LoS when the clock is running down. Or WRs need to be taking it harder when they drop passes. I don't mind focusing on the current play, but I don't see our guys caring much when they do something wrong. Marino used to chew out his receivers for making mistakes. I'd like to see Pennington do some of that!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.