HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          1st Coach to get Canned?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
1st Coach to get Canned?
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:05PM

Who's it going to be?

Zorn, is my guess.

Is Sparano a possibility? Would love to have Chucky here!

Jauron, Philips, Kubiak and Fox round out the list.

I know it could be totally off the subject, but what's with Sparano being about 150 pounds overweight? Seriously, no matter what people say, players have to lose some respect for him. What example does it set for your players, whom you push like hell?

The players have to play and thus far haven't, but ultimately the intangibles have to fall on the coaches head. We look like a soft team...no punishing hits.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1st Coach to get Canned?
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:07PM

duh, Jim Zorn. Gone by Wed probably

Soprano is as safe as safe could be. Parcells and Ireland are his BFF's and he is 100% safe.

Paul Pasqualoni.......rent don't buy!! Romeo Crennell is Parcells buddy and is recovering from hip surgery and will be looking for work real soon!!!!

Jauron will be gone after the year. Phillips is a lame duck, he's gone after the season (Mike Shannonon or Bill Cower in Dallas). Fox is safe cause Carolina is too cheap to fire him.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:08PM

Hey i never liked Zorn, i live hour from DC, and forced to watch all the game's on fox, he is horrible.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:16PM

Honestly, it may be time to look toward the coaching. I never did before, but frankly, there are teams on the rise, new coaches, rookies, etc, and we don't seem to be one of those teams. Rex Ryan and putting together a heck of a team and he just got there. Cam is over in Baltimore watching his draft pick Flacco have the best day ever. I don't know how we missed the ship on so many qb's, and how we've mismanaged free agency. And during games, there are so many questionable plays, and it's all conservative play.

I was shocked today to hear Bo interview Sparano on his mid-day show and Sparano said that the clock management for the 2 minute offense on that horrible drive was actually very good! He pulled some sort of stat out of his rear. That's when I thought, wow he's really on another planet.

I think Sparano is over his head, and I think also that Bill Parcells has not made enough moves to improve the team. I feel like we're in limbo and that was even before Penny got hurt. If you look at all the faces of the players they seem to feel the same thing, and that's a disease you can't have in the locker room. If he loses the locker room, it's over.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:18PM

Soprano was that "HOT COACH" last year. No other team in the league opened up with 3 playoff teams from last year, two of which on the road.

Give Soprano some slack.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:23PM

Look at our base offense. Its prob the most predictable O sets ive ever witnessed, and our defense, we just dont blitz enough, and do a horrble job of hiding our blitz's. Coaching staff, mostly Henning is doing a HORRIBLE job. We got the talent, just lost our moxy. To much conservative ball controll thinking, and play calling. We keep this up, 3.13 we will be. We should have won today, and Monday, but bad coaching. KUDOS on better coaching for special team's, there not doing horrible in coverage, still cant block or return, but were not giving up the big ones either.

Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:30PM

I think it's already lost!...NOT THE SAME TEAM AT ALL OUT THERE..

Forget the schedule, we are definitely lacking intensity on both sides of the ball.

New Vice President of Football operations: Tony Dungy

New head Coach: John Gruden

New GM: ?

If i was the new owner...watching this debacle, being run by people I did not hire...I'd immediately clean house.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:35PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at our base offense. Its prob the most
> predictable O sets ive ever witnessed, and our
> defense, we just dont blitz enough, and do a
> horrble job of hiding our blitz's.

We actually blitz a lot. We just never get to the QB from them. In fact, we usually don't even get any extra pressure from the blitz. It's amazing how often our blitzers get stonewalled at the line of scrimmage.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:39PM

Its because horrible blitz packages, i think we need to take a peak into the Jets defense for our Blitz's. Cameron wake in would be nice. We rarely overflow one side of the line, and have Channing Crowder in the middle. I dont like Crowder, and today when River's ran it in, did you look at Crowder. I did, and guess what i saw, his head never looking at the line, instead totaly fizated on a wr. Thanks Crowder, thats two games now.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:50PM

You guys have lost it and im the one in Baghdad....We have one of the best front offices in the league.

Dont forget people are team is not deeply talented. its the team. We have to keep upgrading and were doing that.

11-5 was great, but horrible for future expectations. The bottom line is we got very luck in a few games and were just as close to being 5-11 as 11-5. We need more talent. Dont forget people...2 years ago we are the worst team in the league.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 04:08PM

wow, things have really changed when A&O is the voice of reason around here!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:14PM

up yours berk. you always have been jealous of my insight.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:01AM

I agree it's not time to clean house, that would be silly cause Parcells was brought here to be the final solution to our situation, and he has a track record. But I don't think he's done enough to bring talent here, and I think the coaching staff has let him down somewhat. When your team starts going backwards, it's not just the lack of talent, it's coaching too. Dolphins went 17-0 for one reason, the coaching, from the coordinators to the special teams coaches to the assistants on down.

This team is lost right now, and the players are playing like they are lost. For the first time ever, I have heard Sparano take some responsibility, saying he has to do a better job of coaching the red zone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.