HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          WORST 3:00 DRILL EVER
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
WORST 3:00 DRILL EVER
Posted by: Miamidolp1 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:39PM

So bogus, run a 1 yard play and let the clock run 40 seconds and take a time out. Run another couple yard play, have a chance to snap before the 2 min warning for a free timeout, f that up. Ted Ginn shows once again that he can't catch a pass unless it's a quick hook, he look liked he was flappin a fish around in his hands, nasty.

I thought we had this game, Peyton had the ball for less than 15, but we... once again... KILLED ourselves.

DISGUSTING.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WORST 3:00 DRILL EVER
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:42PM

Horrific and appauling after all the hard work ALL GAME.thumbs down

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:42PM

We lose next week and the season is over. Very possible.

We need to pick # 1 and pick the best qb in the nation. We need a qb and we need a defense.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:34PM

3 minutes plus and we couldn't get in......and the colts only needed a few plays to score........NO O AND NO D.....= 0 - 2!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:23AM

I'm not sure WHAT we need at this point. The entire offense was playing like they didn't care. Why were they just walking slowly to the line of scrimmage as the clock was ticking? Maybe it is The QB, but it's hard to tell. What I DO know is if Ginn catches that ball at the end (that was right in his hands), then we win.

Date: September 22, 2009 04:11AM

Manning drives for a td score in about 35 seconds on their winning drive. We couldnt even get close with almost 3 minutes left. I agree it was a poor management of the clock.

Maybe its time we put in henne and see what we have in him. The OL Played outstanding yesterday. Henne is been on the bench long enough. Put him in and if he doesnt work out then we know we need to draft a qb in the first round next year.

Pennington is gone after this year anyways. Im gratefull to him and what he did last year but yesterday we got a glimpse of two totally different qbs. Payton manning reminds me a lot of dan marino. You knew he was going to beat you but you couldnt do anything about it.

Ok now that i released some frustration....

Positives....

1.The entire Oline dominated the colts defense. The entire game.

2.The wildcat worked yesterday as good as ive ever seen. We had a play.....The same play where ronnie was the QB and ricky ran over to ronnie......They had no answer for that play. Over 200 yards on the ground.....Both ronnie and ricky were excellent..

3.Hilliard had 3 great tackles on special team. Outstanding.

4. Porter had the biggest play of the night on defense with a sack that killed one of their drives...

5. Sean Smith for been a rookie had a good game.

Negatives.....

1.Our receiving corps stink....Ginn caught a few catches where he was wide open but couldnt come up with 2 key catches for touchdowns....

2.Where has fasano gone....

3.JT was nonexistent..

4.They beat us in the passing game with practically one great receiver. Wayne who didnt do much most of the night...And clark i forgot......

5. Gibril wilson can not even tackle a tend. He is another mistake on this defense.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 04:15AM

We lose next week and the season is over. Very possible

ummm Probable lol

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 22, 2009 06:13AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

> We couldnt even get close
> with almost 3 minutes left. I agree it was a poor
> management of the clock.
>

How is hitting your WR in the hands with the ball in the end zone NOT getting close? I don't understand your point.

Date: September 22, 2009 09:22AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> > We couldnt even get close
> > with almost 3 minutes left. I agree it was a
> poor
> > management of the clock.
> >
>
> How is hitting your WR in the hands with the ball
> in the end zone NOT getting close? I don't
> understand your point.

JC the point been it was a poor clock management.....We had 3 minutes to work and couldnt score and they scored in about 30 seconds.

We should of had time to drive the entire field in 3 minutes. Poor clock management....................The last 2 or 3 plays were done in a hurry........Very different if they manage the clock right...Poor clock management......................The entire offense looked like they were sleepwalking.

Like i said they drove the entire field for a score in about 30 seconds. We had 3 mintes and not even close.

Which take me back to this.............They have a future hall of famer as a QB and we do not.

PS. They wouldnt had to panic on the last 2 or 3 plays like they did if the manage the clock right.

Date: September 22, 2009 10:13AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> We should of had time to drive the entire field in
> 3 minutes.

But we *did* drive the entire field, didn't we? The pass-that-Ginn-failed-to-catch ('drop' doesn't *exactly* apply) was in the end zone. The end zone is the end of the entire field, by definition.

>Like i said they drove the entire field for a score in about 30 >seconds. We had 3 mintes and not even close.

And like *I* said, it don't get much closer than a misplayed ball *in the end zone*. In fact, you can't get *any* closer than the endzone, with almost no time remaining. The ball hit Ginn in both hands. In the end zone. With the clock nearly run out of time. That's the definition of "close" in my book. I guess I'm just dense but how is that not close?

> Which take me back to this.............They have a
> future hall of famer as a QB and we do not.
>

Can't argue with that. Manning is a HOFer, Chad is not.

> PS. They wouldnt had to panic on the last 2 or 3
> plays like they did if the manage the clock right.

You are correct that we mismanaged the clock in general during most of that drive. It was very frustrating for me to watch as well. I was visualizing hurling bricks at the tv during that drive, just like most of us must have been (it's a good thing that the nearest object I own resembling a brick was a safe distance away in the basement). But at the end of the drive, when it counts, we had a chance to score, but Ginn didn't make the play.

In my eyes, if a QB delivers a pass like that on the final drive for the win, he's done his job. Even if he wasted time-out calls, let the clock run down needlessly to the 2:00 warning as he did during that drive--at the end of the evening, he delivered what should have been the game-winning pass. In my book, delivering the game-winning pass as time is running out absolves him of mismanaging the clock earlier in the drive.

Date: September 22, 2009 11:33AM

JC the fact is they scored a TD on their last drive and we didn't. Any way you put it thats what happened. And the clock management had a lot to do with it.

The whole offense has a different mindset on the last 2 to 3 plays if they manage the clock the right way.

Date: September 22, 2009 12:15PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> JC the fact is they scored a TD on their last
> drive and we didn't. Any way you put it thats what
> happened.

No question about that. I'm with ya there.

> And the clock management had a lot to do
> with it.
>

Yeah, but only to a certain point, IMO. That point being, the incomplete to Ginn in the EZ.

> The whole offense has a different mindset on the
> last 2 to 3 plays if they manage the clock the
> right way.

That is true. I hear ya: If we managed the clock better, we could have marched down the field and run it in or something. But my point remains that we had the game won during those few milleseconds when the pass was in contact with Ginn's hands. that happened before the clock ran out.

Anyway, I'm done discussing it spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(this is how to air out a disagreement on a message board folks, if I do say so myself thumbs up )

Date: September 22, 2009 12:50PM

And im through discussing it too JC. And i still disagree!smileys with beer

Date: September 22, 2009 12:52PM

LOL.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 01:06PM

Date: September 22, 2009 02:22PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> Their's?? It took them 3 plays and about 40
> seconds to score a TD to go ahead. How exactly do
> you think giving them the ball with 2minutes left
> instead of 4 minutes left would have changed their
> mindset?

Our offense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On our last drive.............If we manage the clck better we didnt had to hurry those 2 0r 3 last plays like we did and IMO we would of had a better outcome.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:25PM

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:46AM

Sparano admitted that the coaches called in a play to Pennington during the 2 minute (over 3 minutes) drill on that last drive, which did not match the players on the field. So that's a screw up, period. That whole drive sucked with time management. It was as if they were trying to run the clock out!

And the time period before the half sucked too. They seemed to be rushing their guts out, when they should have concentrated on scoring a TD. Then they call a bullshit play on 3rd down, kick a lousy FG and gave the ball back to Payton Manning with almost 4 minutes left on the clock. Why not just wrap it with Xmas paper and put a bow on it?

And SamSam, you're wrong. A 4th down desperation pass in the EZ to Ginn is not what I call smartly moving down the field and putting the team in a position to score.

And Ginn...don't even get me started.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 23, 2009 06:23AM

I agree, the worst 2 minute drill I have ever seen in my life!!!

If you have 3:13 seconds on the clock and are starting around the 20 yard line and have 1 time out plus the 2 minute warning THERE IS NOOOO WAY THAT YOU CAN RUN OUT OF TIME AND ONLY BE AT THE OPPONENTS 40 YARD LINE!!!! i can see you run out of downs but YOU CANNONT RUN OUT OF TIME!!!,

YOU HAVE 3 MINUTES FOR PETE SAKE!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 23, 2009 06:41AM

Actually, DolphinSam, The Dolphins had a run and pass called and, because of the coverage and defensive front, chose the run. They did the same thing on the fourth-quarter third-and-6.

``We did not, contrary to popular belief, just call a run play,'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``We called an either-or play, a `check-with-me' play to try to give us the best situation possible. And, really, the play we ran was the best situation. I don't second-guess the call. Now, whether or not we executed the play well enough . . .

``In the course of that game, we executed a lot of run plays pretty well. We didn't quite execute that play well enough.''

Ronnie Brown picked up 3 yards. Carpenter kicked the field goal. The Colts had 3:50 remaining, all three timeouts and Manning, one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history at such moments. Manning drove the Colts 80 yards in 32 seconds to the deciding touchdown. Thus, the Dolphins treated a similar situation in a similar manner and got a similarly dissatisfactory result.

Date: September 23, 2009 09:57AM

DolphinSam Wrote:

> And SamSam, you're wrong. A 4th down desperation
> pass in the EZ to Ginn is not what I call smartly
> moving down the field and putting the team in a
> position to score.

Well i never said that.......Thats why i said if we manage the clock better we wouldnt had to hurry in the last 2 or 3 plays and there would had been a better outcome to the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.