HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          TD Ronnie!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: TD Ronnie!!
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:35PM

Ginn choked twice in this game wow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:37PM

Don't put this game on Ginn.

Offense has over 350+ yards. Defense couldn't make 1 stop from the first snap to the final snap.

Date: September 21, 2009 06:38PM

Well let me put it another way.

The defense choked and ginn choked as well.

Date: September 21, 2009 06:39PM

They got peyton manning and we dont thats the difference.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:43PM

Maybe he's blind. Maybe he can't see the ball. I don't know why people say he has good hands, I see him do that cross-hand thing over and over, and come up with air.

This is a disgusting loss. The time management sucked. It was a joke. And for us to be any kind of playoff team, we need our key players to step up and make plays.

Key Player: Ginn - couldn't catch shit.
Key Player: Carey - allowed his man to cause Penny to fumble.
Key Player: Pennington - Some good throws in 2nd half but horrible clock management, and in the first half overthrew everybody.
Key Player: Porter - made a great play and killed a Colt drive with a sack.
Key Player: JT - Did nothing all night and then sat his ass down on the bench all night instead of standing up and rallying the troops.
Key Player: Ronnie Brown - practically carried the team tonight. Played RB, QB, and was unstoppable.
Key Player: Jake Long: Did a good job.

The rest of the bunch were non-factors. Fasano was not an option for Penny, he had no TE to throw to, because Fasano can't catch shit. Hartline in the EZ? Come on. Bess did his part, but it wasn't enough.

We had a chance to win this game, and we blew it with conservative play and with settling for field goals. And for good measure we killed a drive by throwing in Pat White.

I am so pissed I won't be able to sleep, and I have to get up in four 1/2 hours.

Date: September 21, 2009 06:47PM

Don't blame it all on the defense, although nobody but Porter made any big plays. Who's brilliant idea was it to blitz everybody late in the game, and leave a WR open for Manning?

Date: September 21, 2009 06:51PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't put this game on Ginn.
>
-------------------------------------------------------

Why not? I don't care how many yards the offense got. Yeah, the wildcat worked with Ronnie, not Pat, and he carried the team tonight. But there are times during any game when you need your number one WR to catch a pass longer than 5 or 10 yards, and catch a TD pass. It was in his freaking hands.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:52PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:54PM

I agree with Mike. This game isn't on Ginn. He actually played well. That was a very difficult catch to make. The defender knocked his arms as he tried to catch it. He made a good effort.

That is more than I can say for our lame defense. They might as well not have even taken the field. They rolled out a red carpet for Manning tonight. It was absolutely pathetic. At least the Colts made the Dolphins march down the field and earn their points.

To think I was actually optimistic about our defense with the return of Taylor, but now I am wishing we had a healthy Roth. Tell me Bart Scott wouldn't have looked better in a Dolphin uniform than Crowder. Crowder reminds me of Brian Cox. I still have nightmares of Cox chasing Thurman Thomas from behind on pass plays.

The pattern continues from preseason. We are able to stop the run, but can't even begin to stop the pass. One thing is clear. Something dramatic needs to change on our defense. It isn't just about going back and doing fundamental drills. Something schematically needs to change.

I can't believe I am already wondering who we are going to pick with our top 10 pick in the draft this year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:58PM

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 07:08PM

Look we all new our secondary was suspect and they showed why 2 nite. I have never been a fan of Crowder and still think he is average at best. Ginn is an average WR and that is all I think it is time we realize that. Pennington can hit the 10yd pass but he can't open up the field. One maybe two more games like this and I think why delay it play the future QB Henne and let the kid begin to learn. If we know Pennington is not our future then why not! I've said it a million times the difference between good players and great players is that great players make plays when it matters most

Date: September 22, 2009 01:51AM

The defense is not lame. They're what keeps us in every game, game after game, when Pennington is putting nothing but field goals up or going three and out. Yesterday was a tough day for them, but they held up until the 4th quarter. Ranger is right, the secondary is the weakness on the D, and we all knew that going into the season. Gibril Wilson is not any good, and Bell was not playing well. Our rookie CB's played good, our front line played good, we brought pressure, we held them to 60 something rushing yards.

Ginn IS an average WR, and he dropped a lot of catchable balls as well as caught them. He also dropped 2 passes in that last drive, including one right through his hands. So don't tell me "he just didn't win it" but didn't technically lose it for us. When your first round draft pick has the same average in receiving yards as an undrafted free agent (Bess), then there's something wrong.

moody smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:01AM

You can't blame the defense. Peyton Manning beat us, hands down! He's a future HoF QB, and probably the best QB in the league on one of the worst teams!! Our defense played plenty good to win that game. Sure a couple plays hurt us, but our offense didn't deliver when it needed to. Our 2-minute-drill was atrocious. Ginn choked BIG TIME. Fasano was almost non-existent.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 22, 2009 05:48AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> Blame ginn for not making a catch, but he didn't
> lose the game. He just didn't win it.
>
> If our EXTREMELY well rested defense makes ONE
> stop after the first quarter we win. Period.

I will go along with the above assessment.

Ginn didn't lose the game, okay I agree....there was a defender on him during that last pass, sure. It wasn't a blatant textbook drop. Bit the defender did not knock it out of his hands either. A WR who starts in the NFL, has to make that play. Jaws or Gruden said it at the time. "ya gotta make that catch" in the NFL. If Ginn makes the play, then nobody is having this conversation. I have been a fierce defender of Ginn in the past, but last night he didn't play like a starting WR in his breakout year. I still think he can contribute to the team and learn from his mistakes, and I still think he was a better draft choice than Brady Quinn, but he didn't get the job done last night.

It is also true that the Defense stunk it up something fierce, giving up YAC. And it's EXTREMELY true that they were well rested. They gave up way too many points, way too quickly, and way too many big plays. NO denying it.

What I dont' agree with which was posted on various threads is that Pennington is to blame. Impossible. He completed 2/3 of his passes,even with several that should have been caught. I was cursing his clock management too, until he hit Ginn in the EZ with seconds remaining. If Pennington would have conserved more time, Ginn (or someone) catches a TD with more time on the clock, then what? The colts march right down the field after the kickoff and score again on our swiss cheese defense to win the game.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 22, 2009 05:58AM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.