Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins.com post game reactions (in general)
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins.com post game reactions (in general)
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 15, 2009 08:44AM

Poll
Are you going to be a positive or negative contributer to the phorum?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
17 votes were received.
Positive 11

65%
Negative 2

12%
MiamiThunder 4

23%

Game ends in loss:

1 - Call for starting QB to be benched
2 - Question play calling
3 - Lobby for random player to be signed and replace somebody who had a bad game.
4 - Question high profile player's ability/work ethic/durability
5 - Call for special team's coach to be fired
6 - Blatantly ignore the positives of the game
7 - Yell at other users

Sound about right?

I'm not a big fan of this trend. It's a looooooong season and it is WAY too early for these kinds of topics, but they're already there.

Can we come up with something better after a loss, or should I just avoid this board every week if we lose?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins.com post game reactions (in general)
Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: September 15, 2009 08:55AM

Hey,

I don't think people are that upset that we lost... It was the manner in which we lost. I think most of us (myself included) had pretty high expectations and to see a game like that (where there were few positives), just really blew up some dreams.

There is a lot of good, or at least better, football being played. I watched a horrible Raiders team from last year, almost beat the Chargers last week. I watched a horrible Bills team from last year, almost beat the Patriots.

....And I guess we just wanted the Phins to improve as well. I guess the truth is, we have much further to go than I thought.

Although, I do think we will win games this year. I'm willing to bet that Fasano won't fumble again all year. I'm also willing to bet that Ricky will get more carries.

Those two changes alone will help out.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:08AM

The simple facts are that we made far too many mistakes and the execution by the players really stunk for the most part. No team can win like that. I fully expect the team to be better this week...will they be able to fix enough of the issues to beat the Colts though, that remains to be seen.

Date: September 15, 2009 09:12AM

Truth. You cannot overcome 4 turnovers.

And I will say that our defense looks nasty.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:13AM

Date: September 15, 2009 09:35AM

"Not sure what you mean by thunder"

It's a joke

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 15, 2009 10:59AM

I don't mind losing. But the fact we spend money on the o-line, and the o-line stinks in this game. We don't spend any money on our WR's and current group show no improvement over last year.

It makes you want to bang your head against a wall

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 15, 2009 03:52PM

I came to the conclusion after the Baltimore game that Chad is a safe QB for a team that wants a winning record. He can accurately hit what the D gives up in the medium range, but is not consistent in hitting the deep ball.

Because of this the running game has to be dominant enough to open up the passing game. No dominant run game equals dink & dunk passing game.

A QB that can hit the deep WR in stride for 6 points causes the D to run a 2 deep cover and opens up the run game.

I would also say in Chad's defence...our WR's are not great. We need Brian Hartlin out there. We need Turner to get up to speed FAST. If Chad has a BIG target he can convert 3rd and 7 more easily. That's why we signed Wilford...but Turner and London outplayed him. Then we released London and put Turner on mothballs. Chad needs the big target on 3rd down. Haynos can develop. But a Big WR will make it easier.

I still think we can win with Chad P. But I didn't see signs of a SB run...so...we need to start preparing the next QB to take the reigns.

If we lose in a shoot-out because our D is weak? I won't be calling for a QB change.

Oh, btw, despite a decent Defensive showing, Channing Crowder needs to be replaced.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 15, 2009 05:15PM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, btw, despite a decent Defensive showing,
> Channing Crowder needs to be replaced.

Crowder needs to move to WILB. In fact, I'd like to see Ayodele and Crowder switch positions. I think Ayodele would be better against the run, and Crowder plays better when he's free to roam.

Date: September 16, 2009 05:24AM

Realist you started but IMHO need more focus on the point of the run game (and the OL role in it) ... as it plays into the pass game.

This team NEEDS BADLY to establish run dominance, and success at the dink passes.

If they do they'll eventualy get the time to throw the deep ones. They do not have the dominant wr corp nor the prolific long pass arm to burn defenders without some time or success in the play action run game.

Thus defenses can simply pour it on and stack the box and defend us.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 16, 2009 06:07AM

Ha Ha, but thanks for having me in a poll, its sweet. I personaly know we will do better, and remain the faith, that once our offense clicks, its going to be a decent year. However, i do want Hartline to start, and i want to see our offense go into 4 and 5 wr set's, more often, then run out of it, in fact use Pat White in a 5 wr set, could work magic. Our O-line is playing bad positiong football! Sparano even said that there giving the defense to much momentum before they even lock up, instead of attacking the defense, which is realy pissin me off, and it better change, or forget the whole season.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 16, 2009 06:18AM

I agree that Crowder played better at WLB. I am not sure Ayodele has the bulk to play MLB. I would be willing to try.

Channing Crowder plays WAY!!! TOO!!! Upright! Can he bend his legs?? drop his shoulders?

OK, he made one great picture perfect tackle. And he gets low on a 1 on 1 tackle. But when he is in pursuit...he is too upright.

there was a reason it took so long for them to offer him a contract. they want a better ILB.

This draft.

Date: September 16, 2009 06:27AM

I never was a big fan of Crowder, i think he is to soft. To skinny, not enough muscle to be a factor backer. Sure he can make tackles, but he just doesnt have that special qual, to be a Zach Thomas. He is too goofy lookin to be taken serious as a leader.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 16, 2009 08:11AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> I never was a big fan of Crowder,

> He is too goofy lookin to be taken serious
> as a leader.

THERE's a key quality we need to consider in our next ILB! Is he too goofy? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 16, 2009 08:31AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> Game ends in loss:
>
> 1 - Call for starting QB to be benched
> 2 - Question play calling
> 3 - Lobby for random player to be signed and
> replace somebody who had a bad game.
> 4 - Question high profile player's ability/work
> ethic/durability
> 5 - Call for special team's coach to be fired
> 6 - Blatantly ignore the positives of the game
> 7 - Yell at other users
>
>
> Sound about right?
>

Yeah that sounds typical judging from previous years' developments, but I don't think we're quite at that point. thank goodness. But your list was funny, and I'd like to add:

8) Recommend that we intentionally tank the remainder of the season so that we get a favorable draft pick next year, then continue to post nothing but draft related stuff throughout the remainder of the season

Date: September 16, 2009 08:20PM

So Futt, what will happen when the team wins? List that one please. lol your list is sooo mikeo.

Date: September 17, 2009 05:18AM

MiamiThunder,

That's easy!

We just get 100 topics saying, "see, I TOLD you we would win this game!!"

Date: September 17, 2009 06:49AM

Realist:

You mentioned in another thread and worthy of repeating ... Chad needs to finish his chedck down reads vs. the grounding of the ball to be safe.

Not sure if that was a reaction to the pressure or a reaction to his fumble early in the game, but I'm hoping sparano calls him on it.

- Safe , game management is fine, but in 3rd down you can't give up the chances to pull out a play so early.

- Atlanta QB pulled it out late several times, including the TD pass to Gonzales when it looked like we had a sack

Date: September 18, 2009 04:52AM

Lol you got a point Futt. LMAO

Date: September 22, 2009 05:18AM

I am laughing so hard after reading the topics this morning then rereading my own list.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 22, 2009 05:31AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> I am laughing so hard after reading the topics
> this morning then rereading my own list.

I'm not laughing because it's sad to me, but you are 100% correct.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 08:36AM

I picked Miami Thunder. I think I get frustrated by this team every week for the past 36 years. I have waited for them to make the SB each and every year only to be disappointed. I actually dont care as much about the game as much as I did when I was younger because I realize its just a money making proposition and when you think about it...in the end the players are all millionaires and we the fans get more upset over a win or lose than they do...since they are getting paid regardless.

If I owned the rights to the league....I would make football and all sports incentive based.....you win..you get paid...you lose..you dont....now that would put some fire into everyones eyes and we would truly see a gladiator sport...like it should be. When I was younger the players didn't make nearly as much but played with so much more passion. Today these "Athletes" are overpaid bozos that would be unemployed or be in prison with all the other rap stars in the world. Just my 2 cents

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 09:28AM

dolfan1 wrote.... If I owned the rights to the league....I would make football and all sports incentive based.....you win..you get paid...you lose..you dont....

The players would give us a better show every single time.

Thats the way all sports should be.

Although if it was like this, every single lions player would had gone bankrupt last year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 09:31AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 09:45AM

Although if it was like this, every single lions player would had gone bankrupt last year

True....but everyone in Detroit is broke anyway lol

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:36AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> Although if it was like this, every single lions
> player would had gone bankrupt last year
>
> True....but everyone in Detroit is broke anyway
> lol

Well you are wrong on that. Matt Stafoord is far from been broke. As a matter of fact if he manages his finances the right way he doesn't have to work ever again when he retires. And that goes for a whole lot of lion players.

Date: September 23, 2009 02:20PM

See a name like MiamiThuner is great, because it's true like thunder, it can come at anytime, last very quick to very long, and can be scary. I picked that name, because i too expect much more every year from my team, and some frickin reason they find a way to screw it up. I'm more upset this year, because i thought that we had a supercalibur team, aparantly we dont, so yet again another waisted year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 06:56PM

Date: September 24, 2009 10:02AM

I hope those aren't their cheerleaders. No wonder Detroit sucks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.