HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hartline is not 1st String Material
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hartline is not 1st String Material
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 29, 2009 09:41AM

WOW we agree on somthing! Holy testical tuesday! SOMONE GET THE CAMERA!!!eye popping smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 29, 2009 05:49PM

Well, if you look at the official depth chart...Hartline is Ginn jr's backup. He is not listed as a starter.

So, why did Sparano let him start? Maybe they feel he is the WR who can develop the quickest. Maybe they feel that he is QB friendly. Maybe they feel he is a good downfield blocker for the run game. Maybe they want him to similate having a fully recovered Camarillo.

Sparano regularly moves players up to see if they are ready. Sometimes they are. Sometimes they aren't. The verdict is still out on Hartline. He did some good things and some not so good things.

He also moves players back to see how they respond. Patrick Turner is in real danger of not making the cut.

Camarillo is only 9 months out from knee tearage. He actually showed some quick-nimbleness out there. I can see why they are handling him with kid gloves. He is definitely our other starter when physically able.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 29, 2009 06:09PM

One thing the coaches are doing this preseason is keeping things very vanilla on offense and defense.

We will face each of these teams again in the regular season and are not tipping our hand to what we will do later.

I think the passing offense will be able to do a lot more when we get rolling.

I think Hartline is going to be a very good player in the years to come. He is a bigger and faster version of Camarillo.

Sparano says he plays big and I saw what he meant the other night. He actually even looks bigger than his listed size.

I think we are going to spread things out more this year in multiple receiver sets and see all of the WR's get plenty of action. Ginn, Hartline, Cam, Bess with Turner seeing red zone action.

I really don't think he is in any danger of not making the team but will just not have as many opportunities until he makes some big catches ....which I believe is inevitable.

No matter who starts...Cam or Hartline, they will both get a lot of snaps. I think Hartline has more upside though but Cam is still young and only started one season so who knows how good he will get. Look at Welker.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 29, 2009 06:29PM

I don't see Camarillo getting "better", per se. Thing about Cam is, he's reliable. He won't make rookie mistakes. He'll catch anything thrown at him. He'll run crisp routes, and he knows how to get open. Both Hartline and Turner have things to work on regarding those fundamental points. It comes with being a rookie. Very few WRs have ever broken into the league as rookies and been phenomenal.

So, that said, I think Hartline is the future at WR, but I still think Cam should start over him.

With Pennington as the QB, Cam can easily be the leading WR on the team. He's very QB friendly. He'll run short routes over the middle, and he'll break from his route if Penny is in trouble. And, the big thing is, he'll catch the ball!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 30, 2009 12:46AM

Hartline has more speed than camarillo and i taller. He can also go deep which he showed on the bucs game. A couple of 50 yarders, one called back.

Plus another thing, pennington showed some arm strengh on those throws. Right on the money too.

Bottom line is camarillo is coming back from a serious injury. You can't ask him to do much more than he is doing right now.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 30, 2009 02:54AM

Isn't there something wrong that we're even having a conversation about who's better, Hartline or Camarillo? Are you watching other preseason games? Did you see the Falcons and Chargers last night? It's inevitable that once the season starts, we'll be saying once again that "next year" we'll pick up a premium WR or even a great TE.

Date: August 30, 2009 05:45AM

I dont think that you get the picture. Well will continue to draft solid wr's and build a team with cheap ones. Once we establish a solid running game, and defensive team, then i believe they will bring in a savy wr to compliment the team. Yeah its a great luxury to have a Calvin Johnson, or a Jason Witten, but we dont, and im ok with it.

Date: August 30, 2009 11:58AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont think that you get the picture. Well will
> continue to draft solid wr's and build a team with
> cheap ones. Once we establish a solid running
> game, and defensive team, then i believe they will
> bring in a savy wr to compliment the team. Yeah
> its a great luxury to have a Calvin Johnson, or a
> Jason Witten, but we dont, and im ok with it.

Agreed. The Patriots won all their Superbowls with average WRs. Now they have Moss and Welker, but they haven't won a SB since 2004!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 03:06PM by montequi.

Date: August 30, 2009 02:17PM

Average QB'S? Monti i think you mean WR.

Date: August 30, 2009 03:06PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Average QB'S? Monti i think you mean WR.

Geez, yeah. Thanks for catching that. I had QB on the brain from realist's thread.

Date: August 30, 2009 06:36PM

Your welcome. Doing all that i can for the common man.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: August 31, 2009 06:08PM

Bottom line is that Camarillo, Ginn and Bess are the 3 best WR's right now...

Camarillo will get faster and stronger as the season goes on...

Hartline will be our 4th option....UNLESS we have an injury ....(which is possible)

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 01, 2009 07:48AM

Not the bottom line at all. Hartline will probably start opposite Ginn since Cam has the knee problem and both (Cam/Bess) can play the slot.

Another positive is that Chad has been working on his arm strength again this off season. Sparano said he is throwing with more velocity this year. He still won't have a cannon but it can only help.

I watched Percy Harvin last night...not that impressive. He did run the wildcat too. 3/31 yards.

Hakeem Nicks has 8 receptions for 208 yards this preseason for 2 TD's. His longest was 71 yards. He has 3 over 20 and 2 over 40 yards. That's a 26 yard average!

Louis Murphy has 7/158/1 (22.5 avg)

Jeremy Macklin 10/123/0

Kenny Britt 7/108/1

Hartline 5/107/0, Turner 6/58, Cam 3/56

Michael Crabtree....still unsigned!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 01, 2009 08:06AM

Exactly 5 for 107, but the stupid offensive pass interference bs wouldnt have been called, then hartline would have 6 for 159 i do belive! WOW he caught 6 pass's for 159 yards! Not bad for a rookie 4th round pick!

Date: September 04, 2009 03:55PM

How did Hartline look on Thursday???? Try INVISIBLE!!!!!

Camarillo is our #2
Bess #3
Hartline #4

Date: September 04, 2009 04:10PM

One pass thrown his way? He is a rookie, and made Big catchs when needed, a fourth round rookie COME ON! I cant wait to see him in real action, Cam needs to take limited snaps untill he is 100 percent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 04:12PM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 05, 2009 11:26AM

They did n't throw his way , because he wasn't open....

Cam made a highlight reel catch on the sideline

All I'm saying is Cam is ahead of Hartline now.....

Date: September 05, 2009 11:37AM

I didnt say that he is not, just if he isnt 100 percent then dont risk another year of setback!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.