HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hartline is not 1st String Material
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hartline is not 1st String Material
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:00PM

He is very week,,,,,

I am real worried about our WR position...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hartline is not 1st String Material
Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:04PM

Spaqrano was not happy with the drop on 3rd & 2 AFTER BREAK.

tAMPA BAY INTENTIONAL GROUNDING ON 2ND DOWN. 3RD AND LONG

Date: August 27, 2009 05:26PM

He did make a key catch in the last drive

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:28PM

Hartline will be ok he made a couple of good catches...Although He isnt to camarillos level yet.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:42PM

Date: August 27, 2009 05:45PM

IMO hartline will be ok. He just caught a 57 yard bomb from pennington. He is fast as hell for been 6'2.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 27, 2009 07:41PM

I like what I have seen from the guy. If not for the penalty, he would have had two big receptions. Where was Ginn tonight though. I am not so sure about how to interpret tonight's game. It was very sloppy, but the weather had to have played a factor in that. Overall, I thought the defense did fairly well, but the offense never seemed to get on track.

Date: August 27, 2009 07:51PM

It was preseason. Given the weather, the lightning delay and the vanilla gameplanning, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 27, 2009 07:54PM

WHAT? WHO THE HELL IS STEVIC? Please explain in detail what you didnt like about Hartline? Sure he isnt Ginn on speed, but he was clearly our best wr tonight. Camarillo also looked solid. Ginn better step it up i am not impressed at all.

Date: August 28, 2009 04:17AM

Hated the missed catch after the break. Too big of a play to not catch it. It was wet and after a 30 min pause, but should have been caught.

On the plus side hartline GETS SEPARATION. That is something we desperately need.

Though against scrubbs, Camerillo looked good. Not so fast but he too gets open, nice move before and after catch for long one.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 28, 2009 06:04AM

BS!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 28, 2009 06:32AM

I knew i had a good feelin about Hartline. smiling smiley Just need to work on his speed, then BAM we got a pro bowler!!! He catchs most, had a bs call on him, and makes some solid double moves and reads the defense well with blocking schemes. He is a beast. At least so far....

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 28, 2009 06:38AM

I think we'd be safer starting Camarillo opposite Ginn for Game 1. Cam is our most reliable receiver, and we'd be doing Pennington a disservice by not playing him. Hartline will come along.

Now, if Ginn keeps disappearing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Camarillo/Bess as our starters!

Date: August 28, 2009 11:01AM

Hartline clearly shows that he has what it takes to be a starter, Ginn move over, Camarillo needs more time to heal, you can tell he isnt 100 percent, because he has no downtown speed, because he has been rehabbing not strengh training. Bess is slot man. So far you get Ginn Hartline and Bess, when cam is healthy enouh trade out Ginn for Cam.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 28, 2009 11:24AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hartline clearly shows that he has what it takes
> to be a starter, Ginn move over, Camarillo needs
> more time to heal, you can tell he isnt 100
> percent, because he has no downtown speed, because
> he has been rehabbing not strengh training. Bess
> is slot man. So far you get Ginn Hartline and
> Bess, when cam is healthy enouh trade out Ginn for
> Cam.

Wouldn't you start your 2 best receivers? I'm just saying, regardless of slot, speed, etc., if you have 2 guys that run good routes, know how to get open, and can catch and hang on to the ball, THOSE are the guys you want in the game! I think Bess and Camarillo may work best with the regular short-pass game that Pennington prefers.

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: August 28, 2009 01:30PM

Miami Thunder:

Hartline had a good end of 3rd quarter...

The first play after the thunder break was flat out brutal.... A 3rd and 2 and pennington rolls out to the right, and throws a 4 and out, and hartline drops the fricken ball...

THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! That is when I wrote my post. I'd like to review the stats, but I could remember at least 3 drops the guy had...

IN FACT, even Troy Aikman even commented after that drop that Hartline was having a very weak game...
HE improved dramatically after that drop...

TO be a possession receiver ....he needs to catch EVERYTHING thrown at him....

I agree the pass interference call was BS.... But, all in all I would say he needs a lot of work...

Camarillo is a better receiver at this point ...

Anybody agree?

Date: August 28, 2009 01:35PM

Camarillo has better hands, but Hartline is probably the most athletic receiver we have on the roster (except for Turner).

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 28, 2009 02:10PM

after watching the game last night, Camarillo is shot. The guy had ZERO SPEED on his long catch. Any mediocre NFL WR takes that to the endzone. He was run down by about 3 guys. No speed at all.

He might have good hands, and run strong routes, but he isn't a starter or even a 3rd WR in the NFL with zero speed.

That play was very sad to watch last night. Watching a guy "lose it" in front of your eyes is painful.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 28, 2009 02:30PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 28, 2009 04:05PM

Date: August 28, 2009 08:11PM

Yes as i said i loved Hartline from the beginning. smiling smiley I just hope he keeps up the good work, i mean MAN two BIG long plays in one game, havnt seen that by one man on this team in awhile.....

Posted by: EGDolfan ()
Date: August 29, 2009 08:11AM

I'm concerned also but Hartline might be the most reliable WR on the team. He has great hands and the ability to make space from the CB (he was jipped on that pass interference call).

Having said that, he is very average for an NFL receiver overall. Basically, we have a below average WR corps.

Date: August 29, 2009 08:16AM

How can you say he is average? He is a rookie, with his second start of pre-season? With limited pass's thrown his way, but when they where thrown to him, except a couple, he came up BIG with two HUGE catch's even though the refs called one back? That is above average. Ginn would be considered average.

Date: August 29, 2009 09:11AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> How can you say he is average? He is a rookie,
> with his second start of pre-season?

Exactly thats why we cannot judge rookies. You continue saying pat turner is a bust. Reality check...He is a rookie!

Ginn would be
> considered average.

Ginn is average?

Ginn catches every single catchable ball thats thrown his way and is a threat to break a long kick return every single time he is out there. Ginn is not average. Ginns abilties are way above average. Open your eyes!!!!

Date: August 29, 2009 09:14AM

Open my eyes? How many yards did Ginn get last year? How many TD'S in general? How well has he been in the pre-season? Like i said of Turner as of NOW, not three weeks or 6 weeks from now, but now!!!! Ginn has been average? Can you realy argue against that? Not like the guy has alot of td's, or yards, or kick off return averagage of 35 plus.

Date: August 29, 2009 09:25AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Open my eyes? How many yards did Ginn get last
> year? How many TD'S in general? How well has he
> been in the pre-season? Like i said of Turner as
> of NOW, not three weeks or 6 weeks from now, but
> now!!!! Ginn has been average? Can you realy argue
> against that? Not like the guy has alot of td's,
> or yards, or kick off return averagage of 35 plus.

He had about about 800 yards receiving or so last year...He caught a 4th and 6 that went for a first down againt the raiders in which he contributed to the win....He caught a td pass against the jets on that last game of the season........That was clutch.....THAT ONE HURTS DOESNT IT????????........He returned 1 kick return for a td and like 3 more returned tds were called back because of holding penalties....

Like i said he is way above average......

I say all this knowing chad pennington doesnt concentrate throwing to just one receiver......He doesnt have a go to guy yet............

OPEN YOU EYES STUNNER!

Date: August 29, 2009 09:29AM

I'll open them when he achieves 8 plus recieving td's this year, gets around 1,000 yards recieving, and runs 3 or more kick off return's for td's. I will say he is on the above side of average, but nothing special yet. Maybe this will be his year? Who knows for sure. You see maybe its just me, but wr's like Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Randy moss, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne! Guys like that are way above average, as you put it not Ted Ginn. At least not yet, but we can hope he turns into the next Calvin Johnson, although that requires him to take shots over the middle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2009 09:33AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 29, 2009 09:29AM

And stunner i said this before..........I know you will be the first poster who will come to this site crying like a little girl after our first loss and will want every single phin player released..

Im watching you magoo!!!!!smiling smiley

Date: August 29, 2009 09:34AM

Watch all you want, cause im still going to be here.cool smiley So what happens when im not that guy?

Date: August 29, 2009 09:38AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Watch all you want, cause im still going to be
> here.cool smiley So what happens when im not that guy?

I really hope you are not. I really wish you are a phins fan.

Why would anyone waste their time like that.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.