HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Trading OL depth
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Trading OL depth
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:42AM

so we just trade ndukew and allerman to the chiefs. it has not been reported what we got but presumably no more than 1 6th rounder.
I question this move. these guys may not have been great, but they were adequate and probably better than what we'd be able to replace them with and we know they can start for us in an emergency. I get it that donald thomas is great but he certainly hasn't been able to remain healthy. if we get one more OL injury who is going to be left to fill the void?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trading OL depth
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 24, 2009 09:01AM

We'll get someone to replace them off of wavers, and now we have another draft pick to boot. I think Ndukew was on the way out. He was a revolving door at Tackle and Guard. Allerman was always injured. I think this was a genious trade!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 24, 2009 09:13AM

and the coaching staff has a great idea for what is out there and who will be cut in the next week or so....

There may have been a handfull of guys that they graded higher than NDK and Alleman.

Brandon Frye has been working at G and T and they like Berger as another versatile guy who can play G or C.

It is a luxury to even get something for these guys. I just hope we are as lucky with Hilliard if he walks.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 24, 2009 09:44AM

Date: August 24, 2009 09:48AM

Just shows you that we are a more talented team this year.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 24, 2009 11:16AM

we were gonna cut them anyway. Might as well get anything for them

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 24, 2009 05:03PM

I hope its at least a 4th round pick!!

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: August 24, 2009 07:00PM

we'll see... for not having o-line depth... it doesn't make a lot of sense unless the up and comers are up and ready

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 25, 2009 12:41AM

we have too much o-line depth

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 25, 2009 01:20AM

It's all about continually turning over the bottom of the roster with Parcells. And it's working. When you can trade for the least talented of your players instead of cut them, that's a good sign.

Date: August 25, 2009 09:50AM

OmarKelly

Just realized the Dolphins got at least a sixth-round pick from the Chiefs because Kansas City already owed the Phins a 7th in 2010.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.