Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Eric Green just released by the phins today.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Eric Green just released by the phins today.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:17PM

WQAM reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eric Green just released by the phins today.
Date: August 19, 2009 12:33PM

I think it was the right thing to do. If they didnt think he was going to make the team.....Just cut him and let somebody else get his reps....

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 19, 2009 12:43PM

i deleted my tivo of the game, but he did not look good at all. he seemed to play so far off the receiver that 10-yard routes were gimme's.

i don't like the stupid stuff vontae davis did, but they appear to be correctable. green looked like he just doesn't have it.

Date: August 19, 2009 12:58PM

VVVVVontae will be ok...I agree his mistakes are correctable. Too agressive and nervous im sure in his first game didnt help....

They say he is very positive and likes to talk a lot which is a good thing. Comunication between the dbs is very important..

He will replace will allen is due time. But looks like the other spot is sean smiths for now. We'll see what happens.

As far as eric green goes, the mad dog when interviewed said eric looked like a pretzel in the game. The receiver going one way and green going the other...He said he had very bad footwork.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 01:35PM by samsam3738.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:02PM

he sure looked terrible. I think this cements a roster spot for j allen, who generally looks good whenever he plays, considering the bad rap he gets

does this save us any cap space?

Date: August 19, 2009 01:13PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> does this save us any cap space?

I have no idea. There was another post on another thread about the salry cap and eric green.

Maybe someone else knows???????

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 19, 2009 01:24PM

Its VONTAE Davis......VONTAE with a VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV.

Some contracts are structured so that you get nothing if you don't make the team. Hopefully this contract is on of them.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 19, 2009 01:30PM

I guess not....

Financially, cutting Green now will accelerate the salary cap hit from a $3.15 million bonus that was originally supposed to be spread out over two years. The Dolphins will save $2.85 million in base salary they were to pay Green this season and next. - Sun Sentinel

.....................................................................................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 01:35PM by eesti.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 19, 2009 02:28PM

Well i love the message it sends to the team. "Either get it right or get the hell out!" HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY !!

Well they just cut Green
Date: August 19, 2009 02:23PM

Cool i guess, not performing then get out!

Date: August 19, 2009 03:10PM

eesti Wrote:
> I guess not....
>
> Financially, cutting Green now will accelerate the
> salary cap hit from a $3.15 million bonus that was
> originally supposed to be spread out over two
> years. The Dolphins will save $2.85 million in
> base salary they were to pay Green this season and
> next. - Sun Sentinel

TY.............Aren't we under the cap anyways.......???????

We got all the rookies signed and if we are under the cap we are fine.

Date: August 19, 2009 04:29PM

Yes, we would be even better off if not for the overpriced contracts of Jason Allen, Ernest Wilford and Reggie Torbor though.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 20, 2009 09:21AM

Cap has to be in mind all the time

The more you are under the more you can be in a position to turn on a dime if the opportunity knocks.

The writing has been on the wall for some time with green. Cardinals knew he was done before the fins did, only bad thing.

1. Wish we could have kept goodman another year ... to give these guys some learn time, but hopefully the playing time will accelerate their tutoring

2. My read on Vontae at this point is - He's a little scary and a threat to give up the big one.

3. Sean Smith seems to have the consistency of a more seasoned player. Surprising.

4. We really need to sdee these guys against a better passing team and after a little more game time for them ... to really see the picture.

5. My evaluation at this point is:
- Green wasn't what we needed
- Davis is a long way from being starter ready
- Smith might be but needs some testing

If someone comes available, I wouldn't count the FO out on picking them up. Having said that it would be hard to expect to find big talent this late, but you never know.

Date: August 20, 2009 09:44AM

phinjim wrote:
1. Wish we could have kept goodman another year ... to give these guys some learn time, but hopefully the playing time will accelerate their tutoring

Agreed. Goodman had a good year. IMO he was our most consistent DB. Him and bell....I don't know that sean smith can handle the big boys Randy ,Terrel when the regular season start. At least not yet.

I choose to believe he will!!!!!

Date: August 20, 2009 09:53AM

He will have his bumps and bruises no doubt but I bet he still comes up with several big plays.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 21, 2009 02:24PM

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 21, 2009 07:14PM

I know enough about Matt Roth to understand that the guy isn't 100% yet. When he capable of going, then he will bust his butt like he always has in the past. With it being a contract year for him, he shouldn't do anything to jeopardize his health. I suspect he wants to go into the season 100% so he can put the groin problems behind him. That will be good for both him and the Phins. It might be a smart thing to put him on the PUP list. It gives us a chance to hold on to a guy who can come back 6 weeks into the season if another player were to get hurt. Maybe a guy like Moses can prove his worth in the meantime.

Date: August 21, 2009 08:48PM

Bottom line Green was to stupid to know how to be coached, uncoachable i guess?

Date: August 21, 2009 09:22PM

He thought he could coast since he finally made it "home" and found out the hard way that you have to earn your position for Sporano and an up and coming team.

He got beat out in 08 by a rook and again in 09. Don't like it...to friggin bad. Work harder!

The fact is he got beat out by Joey Thomas, Nathan Jones and Jason Allen. Deal with it!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:49AM

Green lost his job twice to rookies, and in our camp he couldn't cover a receiver to save his life. So why shouldn't we cut him? He's ridiculous. There are players who come out of college and always work hard for whatever team they're on, and love the game of football, and then there are other players who spend their career trying to stay under the radar, and do the minimum work required to continue to collect an nfl paycheck.

Date: August 22, 2009 04:10AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
> Green lost his job twice to rookies......

You said it all right there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.